Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

Teckor

Tiger Rookie
Nov 7, 2007
Sydney Stack will soon ink a new deal to stay at Richmond — but it will come with several conditions.

Marc McGowan, Jay Clark, Glenn McFarlane and Jon Ralph

13 min read October 4, 2021 - 2:43PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

Sydney Stack is poised to remain at Tigerland on an incentivised contract, at the end of a tumultuous year that started with him behind bars.
Stack’s agent, Paul Peos, of Inside 50 Player Management, confirmed to the Herald Sun that the 21-year-old had all-but agreed to terms on a one-year deal.

There are various incentives and guarantees built into the contract, including games played next season.

“This is a significant outcome from where we were at the start of the year,” Peos told the Herald Sun of Stack’s new contract. “He’s had a massive year.”

Stack spent Christmas and the start of this year in a Perth jail after breaching Western Australia’s Covid-19 laws during a trip home for his grandfather’s funeral.

He returned to Melbourne in March after copping a big fine for the breach, and endured an extended VFL stint to build form and fitness before breaking into Richmond’s senior side for good in Round 17.

Stack’s talent and hardness have never been in question and he averages 15 disposals across his 33 AFL matches.

Originally recruited in the pre-season supplemental selection period in 2019, the Tigers committed from the start to support him, knowing there were likely to be some bumps in the road.

“He’s been on a hell of a journey, the young man,” Richmond coach Damien Hardwick said in March.

“We’re willing to welcome him back with open arms and get him back on track. He’s like any young man that makes some mistakes along the way.

“He (wants) to make amends and we’re there to provide that opportunity for him.”

Stack was overlooked in the 2018 draft despite being an under-18 All-Australian because of queries on his professionalism and behaviour.

But he endeared himself enough to teammates and Hardwick, who he lived with in his early months at Richmond, to earn his AFL shot.

Stack was a Rising Star nominee in his debut season and played in the Tigers’ VFL premiership that year.

Reactions: 5 users

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
Sydney Stack will soon ink a new deal to stay at Richmond — but it will come with several conditions.

Marc McGowan, Jay Clark, Glenn McFarlane and Jon Ralph

13 min read October 4, 2021 - 2:43PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom
I think the most surprising thing about the article is it took 4 journalists to contribute to it.

Unless there's more copy after?

• Haha

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Excellent news! Was worried about losing Stacky, would be a waste of talent.

As an aside, how is that article recommended to be a 13 minute read? Must have some slow readers at newscorp :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 2 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Excellent news! Was worried about losing Stacky, would be a waste of talent.

As an aside, how is that article recommended to be a 13 minute read? Must have some slow readers at newscorp :ROFLMAO:
Tha Stack story was one of 10 components to the full article.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I think the most surprising thing about the article is it took 4 journalists to contribute to it.

Unless there's more copy after?
They all have a limit on how many words they know so need to collaborate.

• Haha

Aegean Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Aug 27, 2008
Important signing. Sky is the limit with this kid but we all know the significant challenges that lie ahead. Really hope he shines in 2022.

Reactions: 3 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
The last of the major signings.

Super talented kid. Can play back or forward.

Thrown forward in the last 10 minutes in the Hawks game and got us back in the game.

Reactions: 4 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Once Syd is done, hope we now focus on Cumberland.

Think the kid has some serious talent which we saw some glimpses of later in the VFL season.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
As an aside, how is that article recommended to be a 13 minute read? Must have some slow readers at newscorp
Apparently Robbo reads like he asks questions.... and we know how long that takes .... there's ya starting point :rolleyes:

TheCan

Tiger Superstar
Jul 17, 2011
Can you please pull your head in and build a tank, you can be anything you want to be in this league.

The_Celebrant

Tiger Superstar
Aug 18, 2018
malemelbournecelebrant.net.au
They all have a limit on how many words they know so need to collaborate.
This actually has a name - Collective Vocabulary, which coincidentally was also the name of a bay gelding that came last in the 34D Cup at Morphetville back in 1906. Records show this was the exact same race that also introduced punters to the brilliant Hyphenated Syntax, a feisty beige mare whose performance was enhanced via an extra fetlock in each hind leg. Ask any punter over 143 old, and he'll tell you the only better horse of that era was Past Participle, an off-white stallion that would have won every race it entered, even with Clive Palmer on its back.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
His manager (Paul Peos) was quoted as saying Stack has all but signed a 1yr incentive based contract in the Hun today.

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
His manager (Paul Peos) was quoted as saying Stack has all but signed a 1yr incentive based contract in the Hun today.
This is quite funny really.
Signing something is a definitive process..one has or has not signed.
To say he has all but signed is like being almost absolutely certain.
Just another funny quirk of our language. Nice actually.
PS.. I think Syd is a rare talent . I would have signed him for a few years , made him as happy as possible and just let him play.

Reactions: 1 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
This is quite funny really.
Signing something is a definitive process..one has or has not signed.
To say he has all but signed is like being almost absolutely certain.
Just another funny quirk of our language. Nice actually.
PS.. I think Syd is a rare talent . I would have signed him for a few years , made him as happy as possible and just let him play.
I would do the same, but I think it reflects on his lack of commitment to get/maintain his physical condition and possibly from his side, a desire to not lock himself in and earn more coin.
I hope the second happens, because we'll all win if Syd gets it right.

Reactions: 1 users