Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

I am not a Labor voter nor am I talking about Labor, I am talking about the liberal Party
They can’t even win in the electorate of Robert Menzies and that has little to do with the ALP
They don’t get it and seeing the campaign they ran in Dunkley they still don’t.
Intelligent people want real policies, not dog whistling.

They pretty much ran with an anti-ALP campaign. Nothing about the Libs, what the Libs can do, will do etc. All focused on "Send Albo a message". The brighter RWNJ's must be a bit pissed off with how Dunkley went, but I reckon the bulk of them are still betting on big wins for Dutton's team because, well, because it's what Peta tells them will happen.

I am not a Labor voter nor am I talking about Labor, I am talking about the liberal Party
They can’t even win in the electorate of Robert Menzies and that has little to do with the ALP
They don’t get it and seeing the campaign they ran in Dunkley they still don’t.
Intelligent people want real policies, not dog whistling.
What policies do labor have ?
They haven't got a clue
And why would you announce your policies way before a election ?

• Dislike
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I'm not sure what relevance that has to what we were discussing.

The LIbs spent hand in hand well above what Labor spent in the bye election. Thats not even being argued against. My statements around it are what did they gain from it? If they have to overspend by that much to get an average swing in the bye-election, how poor would their vote be without.

You are typical of the average Lib die hard right now, deflect, deflect, deflect. Instead of looking at the results and understanding what people want, remember Dunkley was a historical Lib hold (sure the boundary changes for the electorate probably didn't help them but there are large areas of the electorate that are voters that might typically vote Libs), you would probably deflect into something thats totally unrelated to the bye-election.

The point being, if the Libs have to overspend by that much to get a fairly average return on it, maybe, just maybe, their policies / strategies aren't enabling the electorate to buy into what they are selling, but sure go ahead and continue to deflect.

BTW, I'm the epitome of what should be a Lib voter, background, age, demographic, salary band, but if I could vote (I've been super slack on getting my citizenship), then I would have voted Labor this election, even though from a demographic background, I should theoretically be a Lib voter, and btw I pay a lot more tax than the average Australian (not a boast but a comment back to your comment around not paying tax).
I think most of your post is deflecting from REALITY ,,More taxes Extra costs on living ,and more to come ,,but keep voting Labor they will lead you to the promised land of confusion .

• Haha
  • Dislike
Reactions: 1 users
I think most of your post is deflecting from REALITY ,,More taxes Extra costs on living ,and more to come ,,but keep voting Labor they will lead you to the promised land of confusion .
What "more taxes" have we been given? I know my council rates increased again at the height of the cost of living crisis, driven by the current Liberal candidate for Dunkley (who is the mayor of Frankston).

Despite all this, its again deflection. You said that those talking about the cost of Liberals electioneering in Dunkley were people that didn't pay tax and who cares how much was spent on the campaign because the ALP have lost money in other places.

Thats as clear an example of deflection as you will get. The reason the money the Libs spent on Dunkley was brought up was because of the average result that they take away, slap bang on average swing result at a bye-election. That is whats called a FACT. I know you don't like those (and neither does Dutton) but thats what it was, so I was bringing to attention that if it cost the Libs that much money to get an average result, how bad would it have been if they hadn't done that. Ie. are they listening to the electorate? I don't think they (or you) are doing that.

Interested to hear the speeches of Marles and Ley afterwards. Marles was seemingly content with the win, mentioned several times how they will review the results in Dunkley down to polling boothes to identify how their policies are filtering down to the electorate so they could listen to what the polls are telling them. Ley's speech was broadly around how great they were, and how if a 3-4% swing was seen at the general election that they would garner enough seats to take power. Went back to the ABC and they asked their election expert Anthony Green if that was correct and he said no, they wouldn't be able to win enough seats with that level of a swing.

So the ALP in victory says, "its great to win, but we want to listen to all of the electorate" compared to the Libs in defeat "we are awesome, and we would win the election with this swing" which was proven to be another half truth which we know the likes of Dutton and Ley like to follow.

As I said above, I "should" be a Liberal supporter based on my demographic. Maybe just maybe, the Libs would be better asking me why I wouldn't be voting for them instead of patting their backs on an average result that cost a shedload of $'s.

Reactions: 5 users
Gina Rhineharts 70th birthday restored my faith in humanity.

A man from snowy river horse spectacular with Guy Sebastian sining the national anthem, and Peter Dutton as a friend

hahahahahaha suck *smile* Gina,

your not fooling anyone.

your life is a lonely misery, your family hate you, Peter Dutton pretends to be your friend,

and you had a man from snowy river horse spectacular for your birthday with a guy Sebastian national anthem.

absolutely every *smile* in the room pretending they like her (everyone) would have thought

'Jesus Christ, what a sad, tasteless, nasty old *smile*'

and been looking at their phones

:rotfl1

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Reactions: 5 users
I wonder if they are not politically engaged and just voting for the team their parents voted for

that will account for some,

with plenty not too bright,

plenty bigoted *smile* s

and some will be not too bright bigoted *smile* s.

only really billionaire sociopaths can prosecute a sound case as to why LNP should govern these days.

with a demonstrable disdain for the poor, the disabled, the worker, the truth, the woman and the planet

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Its not the current financial year :ROFLMAO:

The first line in the document I've pasted below below compares Vic and NSW with F/All differences Note the NSW figure is a liberal govt

State governments have committed to surging debt levels, with total state debt across the six states set to reach $688 billion (27% of GSP) by 2025-26 led by NSW ($221 billion) and Victoria ($226

Its not the current financial year :ROFLMAO:

The first line in the document I've pasted below below compares Vic and NSW with F/All differences Note the NSW figure is a liberal govt

State governments have committed to surging debt levels, with total state debt across the six states set to reach $688 billion (27% of GSP) by 2025-26 led by NSW ($221 billion) and Victoria ($226
Doesn't NSW also have about 1.5million more people than Victoria ,,,NSW has nearly a third of Australia's population

Gina Rhineharts 70th birthday restored my faith in humanity.

A man from snowy river horse spectacular with Guy Sebastian sining the national anthem, and Peter Dutton as a friend

hahahahahaha suck *smile* Gina,

your not fooling anyone.

your life is a lonely misery, your family hate you, Peter Dutton pretends to be your friend,

and you had a man from snowy river horse spectacular for your birthday with a guy Sebastian national anthem.

absolutely every *smile* in the room pretending they like her (everyone) would have thought

'Jesus Christ, what a sad, tasteless, nasty old *smile*'

and been looking at their phones

:rotfl1
It’s a wonder Barnaby Joyce wasn’t there.
I remember a few years back she paid for his flight to India for some shindig.
He’s probably the only person who can get drunk enough to the throw the leg over………:cool:

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user