Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Though
It is disappointing you missed a big opportunity with this post. I will fix it for you as below

Abbott and Costello's eternal legacy will be that they put the middle class on welfare.
I did meant to say Howard and Costello....can't recall Abootts later impact on that as there was a lot of distractions in his reign.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
It is disappointing you missed a big opportunity with this post. I will fix it for you as below

Abbott and Costello's eternal legacy will be that they put the middle class on welfare.

Always wanted the Abbott/Costello partnership despite being a raging leftie

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Watching Q&A Andrew Bragg the liberal minister is so far out of his depth. I bet he is wishing he wasn’t scheduled for this night.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
AO for an ex-PM is fine, for services to the country. No need to highlight anything in particular. If they needed to highlight his legacy then his work to award Prince Philip a Knight of the Order of Australia is probably what he'll be most remembered for. Or services to the Speedo and Onion industries.

Kind of ironic that the day he was *smile* knighted, it was reported on 4Corners that he cut $110M out of the CSIRO budget, thus helping to hinder their efforts to work on the Covid19 vaccine. Arise, Sir *smile* Tony!

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Both sides of politics sure can make fools of themselves. Funny how he is denying it all despite being caught red-handed. Makes you bemoan the quality of people in public office.

Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
The classy Adam Somyurek everybody:

”*smile* the Premier, alright, that’s what this is about. *smile* the Premier. I’ll just be running the joint. It’s who I say is going to be the *smile* Premier.”

And speaking about colleague Gabrielle Wilson: “I will *smile* force her out of the ministry, that stupid *smile* *smile*, when Andrews goes, she’s a stupid stupid moll. I’ll going to *smile* knock her head off, she’s a *smile* psycho *smile*. “

And just to make sure he doesn’t miss anyone, on the Young Labor member: “They’re real slimy little *smile*, little passive aggressive *smile* gay kids.”

Nice guy....

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Hopefully that's the end of him. But that'll leave a void that the next scumbag can rush to fill.

• Haha

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
There is the difference right there. When a Labor politician breaks the rules, Labor sacks him straight away. When the Liberals to do, there is nothing to see here.

In the interests of fairness, I look forward to 60 minutes doing similar expose's on the Coalition by putting pressure on them to sack Bridget McKenzie and Morrison over sports rorts, Gladys Liu over the Chinese CCP links, Angus Taylor over the forged documents, Barnaby over the $80 million water scandal, Dutton over Paladin and the au pair scandal, Frydenberg over getting the Jobkeeper costings wrong by $60 billion, the $444 million great barrier reef scandal, plus the many others that have been ignored and/or suppressed by the MSM.

Reactions: 1 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I don't think the system is broken Sinner, I think the quality of our politicians is.
Yes how true
Maybe both.
The ALP has to have a really long look at itself but the reality is that the only difference between last week and this week is that this one is out in the open. The party is so beholden to factions and unions (where so much of it's funding comes from) good governance is almost impossible
We have had so many incidents across all the parties. The massive in fighting in the Victorian liberal party, the NSW greens, One nation.
This is definitely a very serious one however.
I don't compare one with the other, they are all the same in my eyes. I don't trust any of them.

Reactions: 4 users

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
There is the difference right there. When a Labor politician breaks the rules, Labor sacks him straight away. When the Liberals to do, there is nothing to see here.

What a complete load of horseshit. This is what I dislike about idealogues.

Reactions: 3 users

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
I don’t think that’s entirely correct. Didn’t he get stood down a couple of years ago due to a bullying/ harassment charge ( can’t remember which) bought about by a female employee, then when things died down was quietly brought back?
Happy to stand corrected on that

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
I don’t think that’s entirely correct. Didn’t he get stood down a couple of years ago due to a bullying/ harassment charge ( can’t remember which) bought about by a female employee, then when things died down was quietly brought back?

That appears correct. But binman will probably say he was reformed when they brought him back and when he went bad again they sacked him immediately.

Reactions: 2 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Things blowing up for Dandrews. Very messy. But one thing about him, he is the Teflon Dan.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
This is correct. Was removed from his cabinet position in 2015 after allegations of very inappropriate conduct against a senior female staff member. The Premier then welcomed his "good friend" back with open arms in 2018 after everything had died down. He also pulled a butter knife on John Eren in the parliamentary dining room soon after being reinstated.

He has form and appears a nasty piece of work. Good on Andrews for sacking him now but to say the ALP always acts swiftly with regards to this type of conduct is a fallacy.

Reactions: 4 users

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Things blowing up for Dandrews. Very messy. But one thing about him, he is the Teflon Dan.

It’s embarrassing and fraud. They couldn’t run a chook raffle honestly. But he will get away with it as Michael O’Brien is a light weight and has many people interested in what he has got to say as Damien Barrett.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Steve Bracks and Jenny Macklin now in charge of State ALP. I hope they can bring some integrity and more importantly some instant stability back to the state ALP. This whole sideshow couldn’t come at a worse time with management of COVID-19 and our economic future in the balance.

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Dan doing to the state party what Albanese should have done to the feds 12 months ago.