Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Albo's days are numbered.
Jim Chalmers is the man to lead Labor back from the wilderness, a good, articulate operator.

Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Yes, if rob-debt was a Labor government lead initiative the right wing press would be all over it. A disgraceful money grabbing exercise of the highest order.

"More than 2030 people died after receiving a Centrelink debt notice, also known as robo-debt, according to new data released by the Department of Human Services. Of those, 429 - roughly one-fifth - were aged under 35. The figures cover a period from July 2016 to October 2018."

It was a disaster and disgrace. And the meathead with 2 first names shouldn't have a job.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Geez I hope Shorten doesn't lead the ALP again. On a par with state Liberal party leaders.

Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
If Greg Combet was still around he’d get my vote.

Reactions: 1 user

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
Geez I hope Shorten doesn't lead the ALP again. On a par with state Liberal party leaders.
I think Shorten knows he is toxic but he's backing Tanya who is a complete lightweight.
They need to move on to someone who can actually offer something new.

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
125179011_10158861330295797_6335515302087672200_o.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I dont read the Murdoch press, have they covered "Robo-debt" to the extent it deserves, highlighting the grief it has caused, plus the money it has cost the gov, ooops, cost us taxpayers, and the numerous suicides directly related to people being told they have huge debts?

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I dont read the Murdoch press, have they covered "Robo-debt" to the extent it deserves, highlighting the grief it has caused, plus the money it has cost the gov, ooops, cost us taxpayers, and the numerous suicides directly related to people being told they have huge debts?
I don't read them either. But somehow I doubt it.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
There was a report on 7.30 last night about another piece of land which netted two developers multi $million that relates this time to the NSW government. It was in Parramatta related to the Western Sydney lite rail project. They bought it post a valuer general's report on the land and made big profits on the sale when it was purchased at many millions higher than the VG valued it at and also left the state with a $200 million + land remediation bill.

There are very few people who can approve transactions either to sell or purchase land significantly different to a VG valuation in all states in australia, the Minister being one.

Government involvement with land sales and purchases across Australia is so dodgy. The Sydney airport land , this one and the Casey Council dodgy deals are all recent and there is not much being done about it. Has to stop.
Casey Would have all happened in the Napthine / Ballieu era. Justin Madden had cleaned up the planning portfolio then he quit but Alp ran out of time in 2010.