Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

What I find odd is that there's a lot of sympathy for the woman involved with Tudge and yet her husband, who is as much a victim as Tudge's wife, doesn't even get mentioned.
If Tudge is a "smile" then so is Rachelle Miller

taking into account the power imbalance (where does this leave gladys berechickenlian?), I still broadly agree

They have stated that these are the only 2 instances they could find of current politicians backed up by solid evidence. Yes there are rumours about politicians from other parties but if there's no solid evidence......... And it sounds like they may be continuing to investigate it.
Well it’s seems the “solid evidence “ is disputed by the 2 parties allegedly involved. Probably more to come from thi.
Well that’s a relief that they’ll continue to investigate, I’m sure all of us are keen to ensure ALL our politicians are morally sound.
Did they happen to mention how long their investigation was?

Reactions: 1 user
They have stated that these are the only 2 instances they could find of current politicians backed up by solid evidence. Yes there are rumours about politicians from other parties but if there's no solid evidence......... And it sounds like they may be continuing to investigate it.
The solid evidence..... Like that Vic Cops use to make their case.
4 corners has blotted its copybook, luckily it has plenty of credits.

50 years ago the media were probably part of the night time revelry in Canberra. Maybe too close thought they did a number on Jim Cairns.

Agree.

Even though it's a big boys club, it takes 2 to tango, she needs to own that. By speaking out she is owning that to a certain extent, because otherwise most of us would be oblivious to what happened/s.

taking into account the power imbalance (where does this leave gladys berechickenlian?), I still broadly agree
It's not like she's a dewey eyed schoolgirl who has been influenced by a Svengali type. She's an allegedly mature woman, married and been around politics and politicians for a while.
She went into that relationship with Tudge willingly and quite happy to betray her husband.
Don't have much in the way of sympathy for her.

Reactions: 1 users
The Libs cut funding to the ABC just about every budget, resulting in journos work colleagues/friends losing their jobs.
If I was an ABC journo I'd be disregarding the unwritten rule of keeping quiet on politicians nocturnal activities, especially the
hypocritical ones who preach family values.

Some great debate regarding the ABC. I don’t watch a lot of TV news, I prefer to read. However last year I had to stop watching Q & A as they had the audience stacked with what seemed like greens voters most weeks. It seemed to be really disproportionate to the whole country, but perhaps correct to city centre people.
I don’t watch a lot of Q&A these days but when they had a live audience they always polled them about political leaning and displayed the results. Was always pretty even

Reactions: 1 users
Well it’s seems the “solid evidence “ is disputed by the 2 parties allegedly involved. Probably more to come from thi.
Well that’s a relief that they’ll continue to investigate, I’m sure all of us are keen to ensure ALL our politicians are morally sound.
Did they happen to mention how long their investigation was?

6 direct witnesses is pretty solid.

The Morrison government have settled the robodebt class action before it went to court. That's good for the litigants, but I was looking forward to the shame and embarrassment that the court case would cause.
There was mention of a class action in regards to the sports rorts, did that go ahead, or was it only talk?

The Morrison government have settled the robodebt class action before it went to court. That's good for the litigants, but I was looking forward to the shame and embarrassment that the court case would cause.
There was mention of a class action in regards to the sports rorts, did that go ahead, or was it only talk?
I assume Stuart Robert will get the sack for this fiasco .......not !

This should be huge news, but it will get pushed aside. The Gov has wasted $millions with this scheme, even once it was clear to everyone it was a farce.
then there is the devastation they caused to 1000s of people pursuing debts they didnt have.

The Libs are supposedly the better economic managers but this disasters just adds to all the other times they have wasted large amounts taxpayers money, and it again highlights they dont care about actual people, so why are they our government?

Reactions: 2 users
This should be huge news, but it will get pushed aside. The Gov has wasted $millions with this scheme, even once it was clear to everyone it was a farce.
then there is the devastation they caused to 1000s of people pursuing debts they didnt have.

The Libs are supposedly the better economic managers but this disasters just adds to all the other times they have wasted large amounts taxpayers money, and it again highlights they dont care about actual people, so why are they our government?
Yes, if rob-debt was a Labor government lead initiative the right wing press would be all over it. A disgraceful money grabbing exercise of the highest order.

"More than 2030 people died after receiving a Centrelink debt notice, also known as robo-debt, according to new data released by the Department of Human Services. Of those, 429 - roughly one-fifth - were aged under 35. The figures cover a period from July 2016 to October 2018."

There was a report on 7.30 last night about another piece of land which netted two developers multi $million that relates this time to the NSW government. It was in Parramatta related to the Western Sydney lite rail project. They bought it post a valuer general's report on the land and made big profits on the sale when it was purchased at many millions higher than the VG valued it at and also left the state with a $200 million + land remediation bill.

There are very few people who can approve transactions either to sell or purchase land significantly different to a VG valuation in all states in australia, the Minister being one.

Government involvement with land sales and purchases across Australia is so dodgy. The Sydney airport land , this one and the Casey Council dodgy deals are all recent and there is not much being done about it. Has to stop.

Albo's days are numbered.

Albo's days are numbered.

Ive thought from the moment he got the job that Albo is to labors opposition

What Oleg Markov was to our 2020 premiership.