Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

This was probably the worst piece of evidence presented in the show. A young woman crying, not happy, distressed........ Not nice state of being, but hardly a smoking gun.
It was fitting that an empty vessel like SHY was associated with it.

I remember various allegations of sexual misbehaviour being unfairly levelled at SHY herself = the libertarian guy, forget his name. She also had to put with being followed and monitored by private investigators employed by the Libs - they denied it but it was subsequently proved to be true.

Reactions: 2 users
Some great debate regarding the ABC. I don’t watch a lot of TV news, I prefer to read. However last year I had to stop watching Q & A as they had the audience stacked with what seemed like greens voters most weeks. It seemed to be really disproportionate to the whole country, but perhaps correct to city centre people.

Reactions: 1 users
I remember various allegations of sexual misbehaviour being unfairly levelled at SHY herself = the libertarian guy, forget his name. She also had to put with being followed and monitored by private investigators employed by the Libs - they denied it but it was subsequently proved to be true.

The difference being Hanson-Young was single and not espousing conservative family values. Porter is just a hypocrite but I expect no better.

DS

Reactions: 2 users
Some great debate regarding the ABC. I don’t watch a lot of TV news, I prefer to read. However last year I had to stop watching Q & A as they had the audience stacked with what seemed like greens voters most weeks. It seemed to be really disproportionate to the whole country, but perhaps correct to city centre people.
Think you are on the money about the audience...generally filmed in ABC studios which aren't located in The bush or out in the suburbs. Live at 9.30 on a Monday night so you would need to be comitted to some cause or another to want to attend or live in the nieghbourhood. But it's the quality of the panel that is the issue. I think the best ones are solo guests. Whatever you think of Hoawrd when he was on you got to hear from him first hand, unfiltered. The big panels become shoutping matches and there is always one guest who thinks they are the one everyone wants to hear from.

Reactions: 1 user
The difference being Hanson-Young was single and not espousing conservative family values. Porter is just a hypocrite but I expect no better.

DS
And the language the fool used was disgusting, it was a blatant personal attack. from another politician, who no one (except maybe Giardiasis) actually voted for.

I thought the 4 corners was a bit of an embarrassing, partisan hatchet job.

I have no doubt Porter is a *smile*. None whatsoever.

and I have no doubt theres heaps more *smile* on the conservative side of politics

But misogynist *smile* in position of power is hardly a revelation, and its hardly a partisan issue.

I also reckon highlighting mega-dumb *smile* people say and do in their early 20's,

is the journalistic equivalent of Dusty being 1:1 deep forward on Daniel Menzel and kicking a goal.

Reactions: 4 users
I thought the 4 corners was a bit of an embarrassing, partisan hatchet job.

I have no doubt Porter is a *smile*. None whatsoever.

and I have no doubt theres heaps more *smile* on the conservative side of politics

But misogynist *smile* in position of power is hardly a revelation, and its hardly a partisan issue.

I also reckon highlighting mega-dumb *smile* people say and do in their early 20's,

is the journalistic equivalent of Dusty being 1:1 deep forward on Daniel Menzel and kicking a goal.
What I find odd is that there's a lot of sympathy for the woman involved with Tudge and yet her husband, who is as much a victim as Tudge's wife, doesn't even get mentioned.
If Tudge is a "smile" then so is Rachelle Miller

Agree.

Even though it's a big boys club, it takes 2 to tango, she needs to own that. By speaking out she is owning that to a certain extent, because otherwise most of us would be oblivious to what happened/s.

I wonder why they didn’t do an expose on all the federal politicians If it was “in the public interest”
Or even federal ministers including shadow ministers.
Otherwise it’s seems like they have a biased agenda. Just my thoughts.

I wonder why they didn’t do an expose on all the federal politicians If it was “in the public interest”
Or even federal ministers including shadow ministers.
Otherwise it’s seems like they have a biased agenda. Just my thoughts.

They have stated that these are the only 2 instances they could find of current politicians backed up by solid evidence. Yes there are rumours about politicians from other parties but if there's no solid evidence......... And it sounds like they may be continuing to investigate it.