Taylor walker /Crows ?? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Taylor walker /Crows ??

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Heat of battle ??, he was a spectator !
Fair point. No excuse then. I wasn't aware he was off the ground I don't get all the footy news in UAE. Was just trying to point out we can sometimes say things that don't define us.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Fair point. No excuse then. I wasn't aware he was off the ground I don't get all the footy news in UAE. Was just trying to point out we can sometimes say things that don't define us.
he went into Adelaide reserves huddle & said what he said to a player(s) & was overheard, he wasn't playing

Reactions: 1 user

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
All this nonsense about whether or not his apology is sufficient … sheesh.
If the AFL community is serious about eradicating racism, he should be banned for life and apology be damned.
Pete Rose, Hansie Cronje anyone?

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Walker has announced a presser for today. It looks like the AFC has allowed him the privilege of announcing that he's moving on rather than sacking him outright.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Walker has announced a presser for today. It looks like the AFC has allowed him the privilege of announcing that he's moving on rather than sacking him outright.
club pushing him out.
He was denied access to the rooms after the North vs Crows game.
He want to be there for the farewell of a couple of players.
Club said no.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
He's been sacked, 7. This is probably the club allowing him the privilege of a diplomatic departure.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
He went back to Broken Hill after the club suspended him. We know someone that works at the Crows and Tex has been "shattered".

If the presser is his mea culpa and also announcing his retirement it's the right decision. He "smiled" up big time. :mad:

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
I think he will already have explored his options. Will anybody have him? If so he'll announce that he's exploring his options. If nobody will have he'll announce his retirement. I think he might get an offer elsewhere.

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
I think he will already have explored his options. Will anybody have him? If so he'll announce that he's exploring his options. If nobody will have he'll announce his retirement. I think he might get an offer elsewhere.
Collingwood might be keen.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I listened to the presser. No sacking. Just apologising and answering the same questions over and over again from the media.

Reactions: 1 users

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
Dont value in the slightest any opinion on rasicm when you have never expierienced it,as kids we went through daily being called wogs,go back to your country,u eat the spaghetti,
Regular bashings,etc and i bloody for the better part ignored it,fought back ,then got over it and moved on,im completely discusted,appauled,sickened,and angry at the bullsheet calls for sack him,ban him for life,to me thats cancel culture and those calling for it are the over the top woke whom are completely over the top,u move on and keep it in context,worry more on violence incest,alcoholism the true problems.

Reactions: 1 user

HeadandShin

Burning bright
Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
What he said was terrible and inexcusable - think we all agree on that. But if he’s genuinely remorseful, he deserves a chance to redeem himself.

He’s been a captain and great soldier of the club. If he retires/is sacked, his reputation will stay ruined. It would be skulking away rather than really facing what he’s done. For his part, his career deserves better.

More importantly, the club needs him to be redeemed, or the shame and embarrassment will endure forever (I imagine his name is on his locker and honour boards). He’s been a cult figure for Crows kids. Redemption still gives them the lesson that racism is shameful, but shows that if you genuinely own your mistakes you can be forgiven. And of course, he could become a spokesman against racism - far more credible than a right-thinking cleanskin preaching yada yada.

He knows he’s devastated Eddie Betts. That’s almost enough punishment in itself.

Reactions: 8 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
What he said was terrible and inexcusable - think we all agree on that. But if he’s genuinely remorseful, he deserves a chance to redeem himself.

He’s been a captain and great soldier of the club. If he retires/is sacked, his reputation will stay ruined. It would be skulking away rather than really facing what he’s done. For his part, his career deserves better.

More importantly, the club needs him to be redeemed, or the shame and embarrassment will endure forever (I imagine his name is on his locker and honour boards). He’s been a cult figure for Crows kids. Redemption still gives them the lesson that racism is shameful, but shows that if you genuinely own your mistakes you can be forgiven. And of course, he could become a spokesman against racism - far more credible than a right-thinking cleanskin preaching yada yada.

He knows he’s devastated Eddie Betts. That’s almost enough punishment in itself.

Great post H&S

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008

Yep 100% agree.

glantone

dog at the footy, punt rd end
Jun 5, 2007
It's 2021 and unless you come from planet Mars you can not claim ignorance, ever, on this issue. Especially when you've been through years and years of personal development as he has.
All the personal reflection, the shame, the sorrow - .... and if no-one else had heard?

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Can someone tell me how someone as erudite as Taylor walker was voted the PA's best captain over Cotch ?

He can barely string a coherent sentence together and is now openly vilifying players who leave "his club".

Classy..

I cannot imagine Cotchin uttering such rubbish as is emanating from Mr Walker at present.
Eddie been very good this year on Footy Classified - maybe because Sam Maclure is so horribly bad and nauseating on Mondays - and tonight to a man and woman they stuck it up Tex, especially Eddie standing up for Cotch. A breath of fresh air