Taylor walker /Crows ?? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Taylor walker /Crows ??

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
I don’t think Walker is that popular at the Crows.

After a game at the ‘G in 2017 he flew back to Adelaide and there was an empty seat next to him.

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
This whole sorry affair is just so disappointing.

Someone who by all reports would have been considered a pretty good fella saying something like that. The same old tired reaction from the racists. 2 steps forward, 5 steps back. :(

One things for sure, they should build a statue of the Adelaide staffer who called Walker to account. That's courage and leadership. I don't kid myself into thinking I would have been capable of doing the same but I hope I would now.
It was a trainer I believe?

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
If I saw a RFC player or official say something racist, I'd absolutely be asking for their head on a plate. We need to show strong leadership, and I'd hold our club to a higher standard than others to achieve that. I don't want to see my club in the papers for this *smile*.

I can only imagine how someone like Betts must be feeling after this. It must be almost a sense of helplessness.

Reactions: 4 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Hard to disagree with this article from Warren Tredrea I reckon. ....
Not sure how Tay Tay gets to play anywhere in future. Would be a massive ask for his indigenous team mates to just pat him on the back n welcome him home. Every club has indigenous players on their list these days n I doubt there'd be to many of them would want to see him walking in the door.

Reactions: 1 user

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Many of us grew up in school / sporting environments mired in casual racism. Looking back now you see the stark difference, even if it felt like things had Incrementally improved from the primitive old days of the 60s and 70s.

Now, in 2021, I just don’t see how an experienced footballer, a leader, could say such a thing, even in passing to a bloke standing next to him.

Can’t be excused as casual racism anymore. It really is a sackable offence.

And as for Mark Riccuito... he has been a millstone for that club and also needs to go.

Reactions: 8 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Now, in 2021, I just don’t see how an experienced footballer, a leader, could say such a thing, even in passing to a bloke standing next to him.
I reckon age is really important when considering what Walker said. If it was a 18yo who maybe hadnt been around many Indigenous people, (or others from different backgrounds) it would still be wrong, but the response should be different.
If, after everything Walker has seen and heard in his career he still thought it was ok to use that language, i am not sure what is really going to change for him now. Anything he says and does now should be seen in the light of someone who ahs been caught doing the wrong thing, not someone who is learning from his actions.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
To be honest, as a middle aged white dude, I'm not sure my thoughts on the apology and video matter. The apology wasn't for and/or directed towards me.
actually i reckon that is exactly who the apology is directed at.
middle aged white dudes continue to be the decision makers at clubs, and dominate the media.

perhaps if we had quotas on TV shows we could hear someone whose opinion is actually relevant on a show like footy classified, likewise on club boards, and wider in the community.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
actually i reckon that is exactly who the apology is directed at.
middle aged white dudes continue to be the decision makers at clubs, and dominate the media.

perhaps if we had quotas on TV shows we could hear someone whose opinion is actually relevant on a show like footy classified, likewise on club boards, and wider in the community.
You're probably right. I should have said that apology *shouldn't* be directed at people like me.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Anyone find out what he said ?
Got a reliable source that filled me in on the matter.

During play Robbie Young slide in with the knees / feet a couple of times and that had upset a few players.
During the break Tex was talking to someone and said along the lines "Someone needs to knock that f** B*** c*** out! "

The trainer over heard and reported him to the club.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

During play Robbie Young slide in with the knees / feet a couple of times and that had upset a few players.
During the break Tex was talking to someone and said along the lines "Someone needs to knock that f** B*** c*** out! "

I heard he went after him because
The bloke he abused punched Crouch.
And Dopey returned fire with the racial shitt.
You don't need much imagination to guess what he said. Color etc

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
I don't know Tex Walker the person away from footy to call him a racist

He does appear to be very "bogan" or "houso" if you will

In my eyes the test would be do Indigenous and people from various ethnic backgrounds invite him into their homes
and does he invite such people into his home and to his family gatherings ?

It would appear that Mr Young was in fact being a C*** and may have deserved to be "knocked out"
but the use of the B*** word is unfortunate , is the phrase something Tex grew up with or does he have an ingrained hatred ?

totally agree with the stamping out of such language

also time to remind ourselves here that our club is so well placed on the equity and diversity front
to have a female president , to have the Indigenous Institute at Punt Rd , to have Bacha doing his thing with community programs
and to have a truly diverse playing group that outwardly appear to get along really well
of course success helps , but its this sort of stuff that helped lay the platform for 4 great years (and hopefully more to come)

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
The bloke has lived in a bubble all his life. Has no sense of perspective. And is not a bright one. Has the judgement of a 3yo.

In the end the root cause is AFL football. No life experience. Players are inducted into a bizarre sacred order.

Between the money, the ungodly pressure, the scrutiny and the fame, the forces of delusion are legion.

When they nominate for the draft ,prospects should have to choose one of three vows for their careers - poverty, chastity or silence. There'd be no drop off in numbers nominating. And each player would get five to fifteen years to think before he spoke.

How much better would Tex be now if he'd shut the *smile* up?

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach

During play Robbie Young slide in with the knees / feet a couple of times and that had upset a few players.Ted

I was told by a good source, the trainer was related to Robbie Young.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

Yeah, I heard similar but knock was replaced by kill

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
His position is untenable.
Crows have lost Optus as a jumper sponsor so as s business matter he is a done.
Team wise he has divided the list.
He cant play again.
If he did he would be booed into retirement.

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Hey here's another angle. If the guy was chubby and he said fat c*&t or small and he called him a puny c*#t they'd be nothing to raise right? He went the black c&@t route but in the heat of battle it could've been an unfortunate choice of words. He could be racist don't get me wrong, but I'm betting he's just not very bright. He's had heaps of great indigenous team mates. He just couldn't be that way could he? Either way there needs to be severe ramifications. IMHO living with the stain will be Tex's worst punishment. If I was him I'd be volunteering my services to run footy clinics in Alice Springs and try to prove I was stupid not racist. I'd do that for myself, my family and my teammates; quietly and not for any PR.

Reactions: 2 users

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Hey here's another angle. If the guy was chubby and he said fat c*&t or small and he called him a puny c*#t they'd be nothing to raise right? He went the black c&@t route but in the heat of battle it could've been an unfortunate choice of words. He could be racist don't get me wrong, but I'm betting he's just not very bright. He's had heaps of great indigenous team mates. He just couldn't be that way could he? Either way there needs to be severe ramifications. IMHO living with the stain will be Tex's worst punishment. If I was him I'd be volunteering my services to run footy clinics in Alice Springs and try to prove I was stupid not racist. I'd do that for myself, my family and my teammates; quietly and not for any PR.
Heat of battle ??, he was a spectator !