Taylor walker /Crows ?? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Taylor walker /Crows ??

I saw a lot of comments earlier on a FB post (may have been the Adelaide Advertiser) where it asked the question regarding whether they should have waited until following this weekend's Showdown before suspending Tex. A lot of the comments on the post (presumably Adelaide supporters) were saying he shouldnt have been punished, or at worst just a fine. Seems like some priorities are way out of whack...

Reactions: 1 user
Same as all of them, bloke spends his entire career training, sweating n bleeding alongside indigenous players. So you would think that somewhere along the way, there'd be a modicum of understanding n respect garnered in this time.. Nah, not the Texan, just full on pea brained flap mouth.
Time to pack up the marbles n shuffle of into retirement Tex, nobody needs you lingering.

Reactions: 8 users
Same as all of them, bloke spends his entire career training, sweating n bleeding alongside indigenous players. So you would think that somewhere along the way, there'd be a modicum of understanding n respect garnered in this time.. Nah, not the Texan, just full on pea brained flap mouth.
Time to pack up the marbles n shuffle of into retirement Tex, nobody needs you lingering.
100%

I saw a lot of comments earlier on a FB post (may have been the Adelaide Advertiser) where it asked the question regarding whether they should have waited until following this weekend's Showdown before suspending Tex. A lot of the comments on the post (presumably Adelaide supporters) were saying he shouldnt have been punished, or at worst just a fine. Seems like some priorities are way out of whack...
Just watch the Final Quarter for the first time. Think I was largely hiding under the doona when this all went down to Goodes. Tex’s comment and the posts you mentioned above show not much has changed including Eddie. The one shining light from the footy media dare I say was Robbo!

Reactions: 1 users
Tex is and always has been a flog. That 2017 final was a real eye-opener for me.

Does this mean he has to hand back both captain of the year awards he won 2016 & 2017?

What an absolute idiot he was for using that one word. As Baloo mentioned if he didn’t we wouldn’t be talking about it.

I don’t think banning him for longer or forcing him out of the game would service any purpose. Having him try earn the respect of his teammates and the football community is the real punishment.

Sorry Tommy, I haven’t seen that spin.

Could someone please post for the remote tigers?
There's the stuff I saw.

The bit that *smile* ME OFF no end, is that trailing bit. They're turning Walker into the victim.
Poor bloody fella. Imagine having a torrid time after you've been racist and then being held to account.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210807-083753_AFL.jpg
    Screenshot_20210807-083753_AFL.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 78
  • Screenshot_20210807-083903_AFL.jpg
    Screenshot_20210807-083903_AFL.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 75
  • Love
What an absolute idiot he was for using that one word. As Baloo mentioned if he didn’t we wouldn’t be talking about it.

I don’t think banning him for longer or forcing him out of the game would service any purpose. Having him try earn the respect of his teammates and the football community is the real punishment.
Based on his history , I don't think Tex really cares about earning respect. I've never seen him as a true team man, it's all about himself. Captain of the year was always a joke, an embarrassment in hindsight to even be considered.

Nick's having a woke weep on TV. AFL should be WAFL. Woke Australian Football league as Gillan SHocking have taken the he man out of the game.

There's the stuff I saw.

The bit that *smile* ME OFF no end, is that trailing bit. They're turning Walker into the victim.
Poor bloody fella. Imagine having a torrid time after you've been racist and then being held to account.
Bog standard pre scripted, pre rehearsed, club sanctioned AFL approved response from the Texan. Year after year when players *smile* up, ashamed, embarrassed, remorseful. Will undergo the official re - education program so I can better understand that I did something wrong yada yada yada.
Meaning, hopefully someone stupider than me comes along n *smile* up big time so everyone can get all outraged at them n forget all about my *smile* up.

• Love
Nick's having a woke weep on TV. AFL should be WAFL. Woke Australian Football league as Gillan SHocking have taken the he man out of the game.

Someone openly being upset about the fact this *smile* is still going on, is taking the man out of the game? I think your Idea of being a man is the more old school weak as *smile* version, where men were too soft to stick up for what was right and not call out *smile* wits like this for their *smile* house behaviour. Nothing tough about that my friend.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
There's the stuff I saw.

Shouldn’t he just harden up? That’s what the middle aged white media were telling Goodes to do.

Reactions: 2 users
Someone openly being upset about the fact this *smile* is still going on, is taking the man out of the game? I think your Idea of being a man is the more old school weak as *smile* version, where men were too soft to stick up for what was right and not call out *smile* wits like this for their *smile* house behaviour. Nothing tough about that my friend.
Yeh, you can't claim the ignorant card in 2021, you should not need "learn from this". Tex is not a victim.

Not to mention the inappropriate apostrophe. I first thought it was a criticism of Nick Riewoldt. :confused:

Heard radio yesterday contrasting AFLPA treatment of Walker with their shrill calls for spectators to be banned for a year or longer for the same offence.

Heard radio yesterday contrasting AFLPA treatment of Walker with their shrill calls for spectators to be banned for a year or longer for the same offence.
Why am I in no way surprised by that. White privilege. Maybe ask the indigenous rep on the AFLPA their view on this (if they have one).

In the twilight of his playing days, the biggest duddest Power Ranger of them all has stained his career for ever and a day.
Never had much time for the guy who reserved a seat for the premiership cup on the return leg to Adelaide in 2017, but whenever his name is mentioned into the future he will always be remembered as a moronic racist.
The guy has certainly burned his bridges.

Actually the more I think about it the more I believe the punishment certainly doesn’t fit with what he did.