Taylor walker /Crows ?? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Taylor walker /Crows ??

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Pretty *smile* poor response mate. It was pretty easy to find out what was said. But I guess so long as he was only saying the guy was a black c**t about him, and not too him, it was OK?
This isn't just a freak accident and a slip of the tongue. AFL players get training on indigenous issues etc every year. He stood as a key member of a club that was supporting Eddie Betts when he was targeted by racists. This is something that you either accept as OK or you don't. It's never OK to call someone something racist, so long as the person doesn't hear it. And it's a lot different to saying, gee I shouldn't have called John a *smile*, that was poor form.
Whilst my wife isn't indigenous, she is part African, she has been subjected to racist language and behaviour before. If you could only appreciate how horrible it was to see the after effects of those actions, you'd be a he'll of a lot more contrite than Tex appeared to be.
As for Tex's penalty. 25 ish years ago, Peter Everitt got 4 weeks and $20k fine for a racist comment.
We've come a long way it seems.
I didn’t say I condoned what he said, nor said it was an freak accident or a slip of the tongue. You’re being a bit disingenuous
I also didn’t say it was ok to say it was about him not to him. I pointed out the fact as it happened. To me, there is a separation. If you don’t agree, that’s fine.
I agree in the main about AFL players getting training teams al. I also said the language he used was inappropriate.Maybe you missed that.
I’m deeply sorry your wife has been subjected to racist language and behaviour. More needs to be done to educate people. Which I again supported in my post.

Reactions: 1 user

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Don't buy this at all Willo.
This is not about righteous indignation or people in glass houses. Walker is a team leader who has been a central part of the playing group for 10 plus years. He has worked within this group for a common objective. He knows them all and has chosen to use racist language against a fellow player on an opposing team. That behaviour was called out by persons who are part of his same family.
i am part of such a family myself and I find both the Adelaide and the AFL solution to be offensive.
And it wasn’t about defending his choice of words. Which I said was wrong.
He apologised, it was accepted in the spirit it was given.
But I stand by what I wrote. People disagree, that’s their right.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Do you think he meant the word 'black' as a compliment? Or just to make sure it was clear which *smile* he was talking about?
Come on mate, I believe I was clear in what I wrote.
He was in the wrong, he acknowledged that and apologised. Robbie Young was gracious enough to accept the apology.
He has now got a long road in front of him to actively demonstrate his contrition.

Reactions: 3 users

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
One of my best friends is of Italian decent and his Dad was born there and still has quite broken english. He's an incredibally intelligent and proud man (his dad). I once naively said to my friend, that the italian community has assimilated well, in as much as they had found there own identity and taken back a lot of the racist garbage that came there way during the early days of settlement in Australia.
He said to me: "you say that mate, but when I was young I often had to watch my old man ridiculed cos he couldn't articulate what he was saying due to his sub par grasp of english." That hit me quite hard, cos I never had to see my old man who I idolised ridiculed in front of me. Therefore could never know the shame and damage that could do to a child. This is the issue. You can tell these grown adults to harden up, extremely unfair in my opinion, but consider the damage your doing to young children growing up. These actions hold so much more weight than most anglo saxons could ever comprahend. All I'm saying is please consider you're words and actions as they can have far more detrimental ramifications than you could ever imagine.

Reactions: 14 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Interesting apology video :rolleyes:

its either a cutting edge PR firm who decided not to use the Maralinga Testing Company sponsors backdrop,

or its real.

i appreciated the appearance of reality,

but like I said, would have liked to here a little truth from the victim,

but yeah, understand the victim doesnt owe anyone anything.

I think tex should have had tigerland playing in the background, and adopted the powerranger stance, if he was serious about authentically owning being a serial fuckhead

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
What an absolute racist idiot Tex is.
How much education on racism would this captain of an AFL footy club receive? Yet he comes out with that?
The mud will stick no matter what videos his PR management put out.
Absolutely pathetic & unacceptable. Can't imagine how the indigenous players who've played with him previously are feeling.

Reactions: 2 users

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Does this provide a different take on why Stengle may have gone off the path to anyone? Like someone stated before- it’s hard to see the ripples institutionalised racism causes unless you are close to the receiving end

Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Tex “took a knee” last year as part of a fight against racism. Doesn’t seem to have educated him much.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I think everyone is spilling there frustrations out on Walker after what happened with Goodes.
Not sure the whole story has come out but Walker replied to something that was said to him too. His reply was racist and uncalled for. He has copped it sideways and most likely never will play again.
What happened to apologizing for a mistake.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I think everyone is spilling there frustrations out on Walker after what happened with Goodes.
Not sure the whole story has come out but Walker replied to something that was said to him too. His reply was racist and uncalled for. He has copped it sideways and most likely never will play again.
What happened to apologizing for a mistake.
Just Goodes you reckon? You need to read more Zips.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
The pile-on the poor, powerless, racist.

'i wasnt aware putting strichnine in the waterhole would kill breastfeeding babies. ill try to be better, ill educate myself, ive let down my teammates'

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Just Goodes you reckon? You need to read more Zips.
Don't need to read nothing
He did wrong, he has apologised, he has been suspended and let's get over it. There's more serious *smile* going on.
Would we be acting the same if Walker was a Richmond player??

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
To be honest, as a middle aged white dude, I'm not sure my thoughts on the apology and video matter. The apology wasn't for and/or directed towards me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users