Team to play St Kilda | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Team to play St Kilda

who's gonna play key forward?

Naismith plays key forward there will be a lot of down the line kicking due to narrow wings. Just got to bring the ball to ground and let the mosquito fleet do their work.

Reactions: 1 user
1 option:

Young Vlastuin broad
Dan Brown Short
Mac Taranto Pickett
Mansell Campbell Maurice
Dusty Bolton lefau
Nank Ross Dow
mcauliffe graham

Emergencies
Naismith Ralphsmith banks

Last edited:
Naismith plays key forward there will be a lot of down the line kicking due to narrow wings. Just got to bring the ball to ground and let the mosquito fleet do their work.
And who plays key forward when the Crayfish is rucking and Nank is testing on the bench?
Its Mykelti

We know Dimma woulda gone with Pickett rucking and full forward but lets hope we use big fellas.
We need the two doofus in?

And who plays key forward when the Crayfish is rucking and Nank is testing on the bench?
Its Mykelti

We know Dimma woulda gone with Pickett rucking and full forward but lets hope we use big fellas.
We need the two doofus in?

I think Nank will ruck for longer, less running due to narrow wings. Or may rest at FF when the crayfish is rucking.

Yeah prefer the big boys rucking than pickett

Reactions: 1 users
I think Kosi has to play. He wasn't that bad in the VFA last week. At least he provided a hit-up target and took some strong marks, it was just his kicking let him down. Nank and Naismith won't be able to hit up like he can.

Reactions: 3 users
I think Kosi has to play. He wasn't that bad in the VFA last week. At least he provided a hit-up target and took some strong marks, it was just his kicking let him down. Nank and Naismith won't be able to hit up like he can.
Yeh, that's the issue. You need someone to come up to the ball. That's not dusty, and Lefau doesn't know the position where to run to. Too much to expect him to soldier the load. Kosi at least has been the No.1 forward at times.

TBS I would prefer he didn't play and we go a smaller running side.

If they are expecting more stoppages due to the narrow ground you would go Naismith over Kosi. But McAuliffe would be a no brainer with his clearance ability

If they are expecting more stoppages due to the narrow ground you would go Naismith over Kosi. But McAuliffe would be a no brainer with his clearance ability
For me it's a no brainer to bring Mc'Caffe in early just on the shape of the ground and his knowledge of how it would play being an SA boy. Sounds like he won't get in yet though.

Yze probably already knows he's a sure thing and wants to test the kids on the edge.

Rather Ryan play forward his the future. Ryan is that forward ruck style player.

We want Nank rucking 80% of the game. And preferably not playing forward (cos he isn't any good there).
So we need a key foward- surely it has to be a key forward, and not a ruck. So Kosi plays.

I understand the enthusiasm for McAuliffe but I figure they are giving him some full length games in the ressies before he joins the seniors, and that is a sound policy. He clearly should get a go this season, and fairly early, but VFL would have been a step up from what he was playing, and seniors is a fair step up from there. Give him at least some apprenticeship before he plays seniors.

Don't like Nank forward, he really doesn't seem great as a forward.

I would go with Kosi as he is supposed to be a forward, and supposed to be our back up forward. Well, Lynch and Balta are out so time to step in Kosi.

Also, in terms of McAuliffe, first game should not be as a sub, give him the full game with a fair few rests on the bench. Seniors is faster and harder.

DS

I understand the enthusiasm for McAuliffe but I figure they are giving him some full length games in the ressies before he joins the seniors, and that is a sound policy. He clearly should get a go this season, and fairly early, but VFL would have been a step up from what he was playing, and seniors is a fair step up from there. Give him at least some apprenticeship before he plays seniors.

Don't like Nank forward, he really doesn't seem great as a forward.

I would go with Kosi as he is supposed to be a forward, and supposed to be our back up forward. Well, Lynch and Balta are out so time to step in Kosi.

Also, in terms of McAuliffe, first game should not be as a sub, give him the full game with a fair few rests on the bench. Seniors is faster and harder.

DS
He’s playing.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Pick on form. Balta was the part time ruck that Nank needs.

I/C McAuliffe, Miller to play on King, Naismith and Sonsie.
Sub Graham.

Sounds like Kosi will play Baltas role forward and relief ruck
Miller will play on King

Reactions: 1 users