Team v Gold Coast | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Team v Gold Coast

There is no way we are going to be shifting guys from where they have trained all pre season for the round before rd 1 based off a couple of poor quarters in a practice game. And there is little chance we will make more than 3 or 4 changes to the 22 that started last night.
Vlastuin will play- probably for Brown.
Graham will miss.
DRioli will play HBF.
Gibcus will be KPD.

B: Vlastuin, Gibcus, Grimes.
HB: Short, Young, DRioli
C: Pickett, Martin, KMac (Banks/Ross?0
HF: Baker, Kosi, Campbell
F: Bolton, Balta, ???
R: Naismith, Prestia, Taranto
Int: Ryan, Hopper, Dow, Broad
Sub: Ross (KMac/Banks?)

Nank if fit obviously in- for Ryan.
Im not sure who gets that last FP spot. Maybe Green for another small forward. Maybe Cumberland for a goal kicker. Maybe MRjr for some speed higher up the field. Or maybe McAuliffe for an extra mid. But I think we need a forward.
King is not the physically strongest tall forward but Gibcus is at this stage, more of a flanker than a key defender.

*Both wingers arent up to it
*Young at full back massive worry
*Kosi at CHF that's unbelievable
*Campbell, the same Campbell that played last night??
*Hopper and Prestia?? Both couldn't put in 3 steps let alone a jog.

Besides those concerns not a bad side

Agree on Kamdyn but realistically he will play. Hopefully gets pushed out by Banks or Smith before the end of the season. Pickett still has something to offer IMO.

Agree Young is a worry but again realistically he will play. If he drops off it opens up a role for Bauer

Kosi, same as Young. But he gets an opportunity with Lynch out. If he plays like yesterday, he won't last long

Campbell I think has what it takes. Would like to see him at AFL level. Think he will step up

Hopper I still expect to come good. Every chance Prestia is injured by opening round anyway.

Reactions: 1 user
B: Broad Grimes Vlastuin
HB: Rioli Gibcus Short
C: Pickett Martin Ross
HF: Baker Balta Bolton
FF: Nank Lefau Campbell
Foll: Naismith Prestia Tarranto
Int: Dow Hopper Mcauliffe Young
Emg: Kosi Green Macintosh Brown
Ross?

tell me it ain’t so Aces

There is no way we are going to be shifting guys from where they have trained all pre season for the round before rd 1 based off a couple of poor quarters in a practice game. And there is little chance we will make more than 3 or 4 changes to the 22 that started last night.
Vlastuin will play- probably for Brown.
Graham will miss.
DRioli will play HBF.
Gibcus will be KPD.

B: Vlastuin, Gibcus, Grimes.
HB: Short, Young, DRioli
C: Pickett, Martin, KMac (Banks/Ross?0
HF: Baker, Kosi, Campbell
F: Bolton, Balta, ???
R: Naismith, Prestia, Taranto
Int: Ryan, Hopper, Dow, Broad
Sub: Ross (KMac/Banks?)

Nank if fit obviously in- for Ryan.
Im not sure who gets that last FP spot. Maybe Green for another small forward. Maybe Cumberland for a goal kicker. Maybe MRjr for some speed higher up the field. Or maybe McAuliffe for an extra mid. But I think we need a forward.
Broad on the bench?

As of right due to a 5 day turnaround post Suns game I have a suspicion the Tigers will stagger Gibcus and Grimes start to the season.

For example Gibcus might play against the Suns then miss the Blues game and will be managed allowing Grimes back in against the Blues or vice versa.

Tigga should come in to play against Gold Coast.

Happy with whatever team the coaches go with. As long as mcintosh isnt in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha
Happy with whatever team the coaches go with. As long as mcintosh isnt in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Grover was poor last season, I think he will be one of the first to be usurped as soon as the juniors have the aerobic ability and work rate to take his spot.

Ross just needs some motivation. Every Match he gets over 25 possessions he gets a new mirror!!

• Haha
I'm still tempted to play Campbell and Steely against the Suns they've had good preseasons and earned their place.

Plus there's really no other smalls to do the job up forward with Moju out of form and lacking condition, Mansell injured and Clarke and Coulthard also returning from interrupted preseasons.

I reckon Naismith was told he’s a half chance to come in and ruck with Nankervis round 1 but he had to show some wares forward. hence his excellently desperate forward clunk Q2. He was selling himself as an alternative to Kosi.

Kosi has not sold himself as remotely AFL material. I reckon he’s pure forward insurance.

Broad Young Short
Grimes Gibcus Vlastuin
Pickett Prestia Rioli
Martin Balta Bolton
Naismith Green Campbell
Nankervis Hopper Taranto
Graham Baker Sonsie Mcauliffe

Reactions: 1 users
Cumberland has to be in before Campbell or Green.
He’s got runs on the board and has shown more than those two combined at this stage.
Deserves to get first crack

Reactions: 5 users
Cumberland has to be in before Campbell or Green.
He’s got runs on the board and has shown more than those two combined at this stage.
Deserves to get first crack
I'm content to have all 3 in.

Cumbo for Graham.

This side lacks speed and spark at ground level especially in the forward 50.

Make the ground ball our friend.

Reactions: 1 users
Broad grimes vlastuin
Shorty gubcus rioli
Picket taranto kmac
Green balta Ross
Bolton cumbo baker

Naismith dusty dow
Int
ryan leifau hopper mcauffe

Fridge out. McAuliffe in. And no *smile* bench or sub crap with him.

Let him start and run all day.

Reactions: 4 users