Team v Gold Coast | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Team v Gold Coast

B -Grimes Young Gibcus
HB - Vlastuin Broad Short
C - Pickett Taranto KMac
HF - Clarke Lefau Bolton
F - Dusty Balta Campbell
R - NaiSmith Dow Ross
IC - Prestia Baker D Rioli McAuliffe

Clarke wasn't named as emergency in the main game last night, so is unlikely to come in, but he McAuliffe and Lefau would give us some much needed pace.

Reactions: 1 users
B -Grimes Young Gibcus
HB - Vlastuin Broad Short
C - Pickett Taranto KMac
HF - Clarke Lefau Bolton
F - Dusty Balta Campbell
R - NaiSmith Dow Ross McAuliffe
IC - Prestia Baker D Rioli McAuliffe Ross

Clarke wasn't named as emergency in the main game last night, so is unlikely to come in, but he McAuliffe and Lefau would give us some much needed pace.
EFA.

B: Broad Young Gibcus
HB: Rioli Vlastuin Short
C: Pickett Martin Ross
HF: Clarke Baker Bolton
F: Kosi Balta Cumberland
R: Naismith Taranto Dow
I: Grimes Hopper McAuliffe Campbell S: Prestia

Sub Hopper out for Dion at half time, or vice versa.

Last edited:
B: Grimes Young Gibcus
HB: Rioli Vlastuin Broad
C: Pickett Prestia KMac
HF: Martin Balta Baker
F: Bolton Kozy Cumberland
R: Naismith Taranto Dow
I: Hopper Short Campbell Prestia S: Ross

Good teams above but I have a preference TM’s choice with Lefau for Kosy and Spooks for Cumberland instead of KMac.

Miller still a chance. One of the few defenders to regularly hit a target by foot and can also relieve in the ruck.

Miller is an absolute *smile* tease.

He seems such an obvious in, and such an obvious out.

How can you be a tall, fast, strong, highly skilled player and hover at the edges of the 23?

I know how. But I never accuse AFL players of it.

My only question with Miller: is it fatal? Or can he increment.

He has incremented in the past.

Reactions: 4 users

How can you be a tall, fast, strong, highly skilled player and hover at the edges of the 23?

It's simple. he has no overhead game whether that be marking spoiling or holding ground.

Pre requisite for his role.

Yze needs to put his stamp on this team. Too many players played in the same position the other night. From a full list to select from -

Vlastuin....Young...Broad
Short.....Gibcus.....Baker
Pickett.....Martin....Ross
Rioli.....Balta.....Sonsie
Bolton....Lynch....Cumbo
Naismith.....Taranto.... Dow
Prestia...Nank..Trezise..Banks

Reactions: 1 user
Grover was poor last season, I think he will be one of the first to be usurped as soon as the juniors have the aerobic ability and work rate to take his spot.

KMac's aerobic capacity is rare gift.

I know the time will come when he is replaced,

but a kid on our list won't magically develop Kalahari Bushman endurance by running heaps of laps.

Tom Scully, Isaac Smith, ed langdon, lachy whitfield, kamden macintosh, Elijah Hollands

these are 16km a game blokes who hit 34km/hr. they are not common.

blokes with this level of endurance and speed combined with spatial awareness (where do you want me to run?)

don't grow on trees.

there's a significant cohort of tiger fans who can't smell cyanide, coriander tastes bitter to them, they can't roll their tongue,

and they don't understand Kamden Mackintosh

its possible Yze's game may not require a fast Kalahari Bushman space invader shover?

but if it does, his name will remain engraved in the wing position for a couple more years yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users
baker has to play in the backline .looked a bit lost the other night playing forward

Yze needs to put his stamp on this team. Too many players played in the same position the other night. From a full list to select from -

Vlastuin....Young...Broad
Short.....Gibcus.....Baker
Pickett.....Martin....Ross
Rioli.....Balta.....Sonsie
Bolton....Lynch....Cumbo
Naismith.....Taranto.... Dow
Prestia...Nank..Trezise..Banks
None of. Hopper, K Mac, Grimes, Jud Clarke, Graham, Kosi, Brown, Mansell, Campbell, Macauliffe plus more.. On that basis depth is ok and opinion is very varied!

He still is. Little game time until it was all over. Did enough to keep us wondering.

There is no way we are going to be shifting guys from where they have trained all pre season for the round before rd 1 based off a couple of poor quarters in a practice game. And there is little chance we will make more than 3 or 4 changes to the 22 that started last night.
Vlastuin will play- probably for Brown.
Graham will miss.
DRioli will play HBF.
Gibcus will be KPD.

B: Vlastuin, Gibcus, Grimes.
HB: Short, Young, DRioli
C: Pickett, Martin, KMac (Banks/Ross?0
HF: Baker, Kosi, Campbell
F: Bolton, Balta, ???
R: Naismith, Prestia, Taranto
Int: Ryan, Hopper, Dow, Broad
Sub: Ross (KMac/Banks?)

Nank if fit obviously in- for Ryan.
Im not sure who gets that last FP spot. Maybe Green for another small forward. Maybe Cumberland for a goal kicker. Maybe MRjr for some speed higher up the field. Or maybe McAuliffe for an extra mid. But I think we need a forward.

Totally agree Brodders. There is no way that we go through a pre-season with a plan, train players in certain positions, and then throw it away due to 2 poor quarters of footy (we started and ended the game well enough).

I think your team is pretty much how I expect it to go aswell.

It was always likely to be either brown or Grimes (if fit) that plays opening round. I'm not sure Grimes can play both, I'd personally have Brown playing on the GC so Grimes is cherry ripe for the Carlton game as I think he's needed more for their forward mix but I think Yze will go for Grimes on the GC.

I think Green will play but thats the 1 role thats a bit uncertain, only had 28% TOG%.