Team vs Carlton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Team vs Carlton

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Always had a bed feeling about this game. It’s got loss written all over it,

Always? that's a long-acting bed feeling.

Ive got the silver-lining feeling. Dusty gets a freshen, JrOSS gets 3 games going into finals

We are the best side in this competition and Carlton are on the podium for the worst.

Reactions: 1 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007

Ive got the silver-lining feeling. Dusty gets a freshen, JrOSS gets 3 games going into finals

We are the best side in this competition and Carlton are on the podium for the worst.
You are underestimating them EZY.

bricci

Tiger Rookie
May 7, 2004
I think its more likely that Carlton kick about 4 goals than we lose. We are a great wet weather team and the reason is more about method and commitment rather than personnel. So I am not worried about giving Dusty a rest. Perhaps we will see another big 'rested' if its raining cats and dogs and 7 degrees as forecast.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).

No. Carlton aren’t worst over the last 8 games.
They are 5-3 and unlucky not to be 7-1.

They are one of the best in the business over the last 8 weeks.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Melbourne really are sh!te. How can you go from Prelim 1 year to worst team in the league (I don't count GC)?

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
They are one of the best in the business over the last 8 weeks.

I think you maybe using 'best' a touch loosely Tfan?

I'll pay Brisbane, but

freo, swans, suns, crows are not yardsticks

Melbourne beat them

I consider Richmond, WC and Brisbane to be the best in this year's business, at the business end.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I think you maybe using 'best' a touch loosely Tfan?

I'll pay Brisbane, but

freo, swans, suns, crows are not yardsticks

Melbourne beat them

I consider Richmond, WC and Brisbane to be the best in this year's business, at the business end.

Didn't you say they are on the podium for the worst team? I think the point is they have improved vastly in the last 2 months and have taken some good scalps, not just bottom dwellers. There were pretty impressive against West Coast last week too. Their tails are up and this will be a challenge for sure particularly now that Dusty is out. I think we'll be up to the challenge.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
I really hope Carlton is primed for tomorrow's match because I believe the Tigers will win whatever the Blues throw at us.
At this stage of the season, would much rather have a serious contest and hit out than a walk in the park.
I think Richmond is going to treat pretty much the remainder of the season as pre-finals to the finals.
There can be no slacking off or slouches.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Sort of late change
Dusty out with soreness (cough* cough* rested)
Ross in

Apparently wasn’t sore thurs or Friday but is sore now. Yeah I call *smile*

I’m stoked to see Ross back.

There is something to it as I saw Dusty sit out drills at training he usually doesn't and he was showing a little concern towards his lower leg, reason I didn't post is that he then came on and completed last drill so I thought he was ok, certainly didn't look anything major.
Think they have learnt from last year and making sure all players are cherry ripe for tilt at flag regardless of ladder position.

Reactions: 1 user

Birdman19

Plodder
Apr 16, 2009
Lots of players playing for their September spots atm. I think we will go very hard against a reinvigorated Carlton. I'm expecting a full blown effort and a win.