Team vs Carlton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Team vs Carlton

It will be interesting to see if we rest another player this weekend. I like the system and reckon it will pay off for us in the finals.

The great benefit of depth.

Reactions: 1 user
It will be interesting to see if we rest another player this weekend. I like the system and reckon it will pay off for us in the finals.

The great benefit of depth.

Be interesting to see what happens

West coast showed how to beat Carlton.
STOP Cripps
As soon as Yeo went to him in the 2nd qtr. it was all WC.
*smile* for brains Curnow will go straight to Dusty
The feather Duster Murphy loves playing against us.
And if lynch is on The dud from Footscray will be delisted after the game.
Us by 40

I'm not too fussed if we to drop out of the 4. More games for Nank, Cotch and Pickett to get some match fitness ;)

I reckon we win our remaining 3 games , finish on the same points as Brisbane and WC , but stay at 4th due to percentage ,

Get the cats first week of the finals at the g

Not so much the team against Carlton, however all been well I think this is the 22 I’d pick for September

FB Vlaustin Grimes Astbury

HB Houli Broad Stack

C Mcintosh Cotchin Lambert

HF Castagna Lynch Edwards

FF Rioli Reiwoldt Caddy

R Nankervis Martin Prestia

I Soldo Ross Bolton Graham *Rance ?

I’m not against having Ellis and Short in, however I prefer to have Kmac in a big game then Ellis and again I’m not a big Short critic or fan I’d just prefer to have Ross in the team.

Wouldn’t mind having Balta in instead of Soldo, just liking our stoppage work a bit more with Soldo rucking.

Hardness the main ingredient

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I reckon we win our remaining 3 games , finish on the same points as Brisbane and WC , but stay at 4th due to percentage ,

Get the cats first week of the finals at the g

I am not confident we can win all 3. Brisbane and West Coast are in very hot form. We need to look in our rear view mirror. GWS play Hawks, Bulldogs, Suns. Pies play Dees, Crows, Bombers, so only 1 top 8 team for Pies. Both have higher percentages than us and easier games so all they need to do is win 1 more in last 3 than us and we miss the 4. Going to be tough. Percentage potentially going to bite us after all. I put it down to our losses, they were all slappings; 44, 49, (ironically those two against Pies & GWS 47, 37, 67 and 33. We had to fight harder when the game was lost. If we do end up 4th we'll be the hottest form team leading into the finals having beaten 4 out of top 8 in a 7 week period.

I’m not convinced the cats will finish top. Huge game for them this week. If the Roos get over them top spot is in trouble. In saying that - Not sure they would be too upset facing the lions in Melbourne instead of say us or GWS

I’m not convinced the cats will finish top. Huge game for them this week. If the Roos get over them top spot is in trouble. In saying that - Not sure they would be too upset facing the lions in Melbourne instead of say us or GWS
If the cats lose to north they would most likely fall to 3rd or 4th and have to travel interstate for the first week.

I am not confident we can win all 3. Brisbane and West Coast are in very hot form. We need to look in our rear view mirror. GWS play Hawks, Bulldogs, Suns. Pies play Dees, Crows, Bombers, so only 1 top 8 team for Pies. Both have higher percentages than us and easier games so all they need to do is win 1 more in last 3 than us and we miss the 4. Going to be tough. Percentage potentially going to bite us after all. I put it down to our losses, they were all slappings; 44, 49, (ironically those two against Pies & GWS 47, 37, 67 and 33. We had to fight harder when the game was lost. If we do end up 4th we'll be the hottest form team leading into the finals having beaten 4 out of top 8 in a 7 week period.

I didn’t feel that confident a few weeks back ,

But the way we beat gws and Collingwood who were above us on the ladder at the time , has given me hope we can keep rolling along , every game is a final from here , and we are a team that seems to thrive on that momentum thing , like when we broke the record for consecutive wins at the g, and the end of season 17.

If we have that same attitude I think we can do it

But one loss makes it difficult I agreee .

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the VFL is confirmed to be playing at the G or are we playing at Punt Rd ?

I didn’t feel that confident a few weeks back ,

But the way we beat gws and Collingwood who were above us on the ladder at the time , has given me hope we can keep rolling along , every game is a final from here , and we are a team that seems to thrive on that momentum thing , like when we broke the record for consecutive wins at the g, and the end of season 17.

If we have that same attitude I think we can do it

But one loss makes it difficult I agreee .

We also have Dusty and Lynch hitting top form.
I’m very confident however a few injuries to Westcoke and Brisbane wouldn’t hurt

We also have Dusty and Lynch hitting top form.
I’m very confident however a few injuries to Westcoke and Brisbane wouldn’t hurt

You are risking bad Karma on the Tige's, (by publicly;)), wishing injuries on others.

Reactions: 1 users
our advantage is that all games are on the G .. we don't get beaten there... aside from the odd hiccup ..
but stick to our thing, because there is F All we can do about the others apart from winning and giving them nightmares..
that said i reckon most will drop a game, but not us ..