Tennis | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tennis

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
The Age doing it's best News.com.au impersonation with headlines in recent days.

Djokovic supporters mobilise around world, rally in Melbourne​

Supporters mobilise around the world - read the leader of his church, Novax wife and a couple of dozen anti vax supporters outside his hotel room. Unless liking tweets counts as 'mobilizing' these days.

Tiger44

Tiger Superstar
Sep 23, 2005
Wouldn't you love to be a ball person in one of Novax's games. Throws his towel to you which you refuse to touch nor collect any balls he has touched.

What little interest or respect I had for tennis has just gone out the window - disgraceful action by TA, State and Federal Govt's. Novax now heads my list of despised sports people.

Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Wouldn't you love to be a ball person in one of Novax's games. Throws his towel to you which you refuse to touch nor collect any balls he has touched.

There needs to be a campaign "Save Our Children" that forbids the ball kids from doing just that. Collects his own balls, his own towel. Players not wanting to share a change room with him unless he's masked

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
No-one should shake his hand over the net at the end of the game, including the ref.

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Paul Little urging the Fed govt to appeal to the Full Bench of the Federal Court.

they've used every legal avenue available to deport the nice Sri Lankan family ( 2 little girls born in Australia) living in Biloela.

I actually can't work out which is worse as a leader; a competent *smile*, or an incompetent *smile*.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
they've used every legal avenue available to deport the nice Sri Lankan family ( 2 little girls born in Australia) living in Biloela.
We are run by complete morons at federal and state level. Yet so many people comply with everything they say.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
very loaded this Novax story ... a mess of privilege ... what a *smile* up ..

interesting Serbias full vaccination rate is only 46.6% ..

• Wow

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
very loaded this Novax story ... a mess of privilege ... what a *smile* up ..

interesting Serbias full vaccination rate is only 46.6% ..
That part of the world has little trust in government and conspiracies are the norm best of times. All things considered that vax rate is actually good.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
That part of the world has little trust in government and conspiracies are the norm best of times. All things considered that vax rate is actually good.
sure, and the irony in all that is they're all very nationalistic in that part of the world and require negative covid tests to get in ...
... if you wanna visit ...

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Im thinking of betting with my heart,

and backing a Rafa V The Free World final,

and oppression and tyranny to win

• Haha

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Don’t understand the angst towards NDj. He applied for an exemption and was given it. Not his fault.

Says more about the shambles the Australian Federal and State governments find themselves in surrounding everything COVID.

Australia - East Germany with koalas?

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Don’t understand the angst towards NDj. He applied for an exemption and was given it. Not his fault.

Says more about the shambles the Australian Federal and State governments find themselves in surrounding everything COVID.

Australia - East Germany with koalas?

No doubt TA, State and Fed Governments *smile* this up. But there are enough reasons to be against Novax.

There should never been an exemption granted for a known anti-vaxxer.
A bloke they held his own tennis tournament in the early days of COVID where everyone caught it.
He either lied about his convenient positive PCR on the 16th, or
He's the worst kind of *smile* by going to public events, maskless, when he knew he had COVID.

Basically it's a mistake to allow non-vaccinated players play in the Aus Open. It's a bad decision and he's now the poster boy for it.

The worst part of all of this is that Australia has managed to turn him into a martyr for the anit-vax nutjobs. Some even going as far as claiming the people who come into contact with him at the Aus Open are safer with him than at home with their double vaxxed families.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users