Tennis | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tennis

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Don’t understand the angst towards NDj. He applied for an exemption and was given it. Not his fault.

Says more about the shambles the Australian Federal and State governments find themselves in surrounding everything COVID.

Australia - East Germany with koalas?

Depends if you believe his story. It just sounds way too convenient in terms of when he tested positive for it not to be a lie. It appears to me that he has concocted the whole "getting Covid" in order to dupe the authorities to let him in. My opinion, no proof, but his family immediately shutting down a press conference when quizzed on the PCR test and why Novax was then seen at indoor public events with children on the same day and the day after, just adds more fuel to the fire that there is uncertainty of whether he actually had Covid at this time and whether he therefore should have qualified for the medical exemption that he applied for.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Aah, Novax, keeping the real news off the front pages.

Case numbers still rising (who knows what they are in NSW with no reporting of RAT test results as yet), vaccine strollout continues with distribution of kids' doses a shambles, lack of tests even though they were told to order them in September 2021, self-imposed lockdown giving lie to the let it rip strategy helping the economy, etc.

The incompetence is astounding.

DS

Reactions: 5 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Channel 9 will be throwing a party.

novax games going to break the ratings

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Channel 9 will be throwing a party.

novax games going to break the ratings
I'm going to make it my mission in life during the open not to watch one *smile* second of that *smile*..... unless I hear he's been beaten, at which time I'll view every available bit of the glorious footage!

Reactions: 3 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
The worst part of all of this is that Australia has managed to turn him into a martyr for the anit-vax nutjobs. Some even going as far as claiming the people who come into contact with him at the Aus Open are safer with him than at home with their double vaxxed families.
I know there are some crazy theories out there, and some "unfortunate" people who dont have the intelligence to see through them, but surely no one is actually claiming that?

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
I know there are some crazy theories out there, and some "unfortunate" people who dont have the intelligence to see through them, but surely no one is actually claiming that?
When some anti-vaxxers are drinking their own urine, nothing surprises me anymore.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I'm going to make it my mission in life during the open not to watch one *smile* second of that *smile*..... unless I hear he's been beaten, at which time I'll view every available bit of the glorious footage!
Same here. Never actually hoped for an athlete to do an acl until now. That would be karma.

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Sounds like what I have done all my life with the Collingwood Football Club. Agree with boycott of Novak. He must think Australia is run by a pack of clowns.

Reactions: 2 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Aah, Novax, keeping the real news off the front pages.

Case numbers still rising (who knows what they are in NSW with no reporting of RAT test results as yet), vaccine strollout continues with distribution of kids' doses a shambles, lack of tests even though they were told to order them in September 2021, self-imposed lockdown giving lie to the let it rip strategy helping the economy, etc.

The incompetence is astounding.

DS
he's a weapon of mass distraction ...

• Haha

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Questions being asked about the timing of Novax's supposed positive covid test. This is getting murkier by the day and looks more like he'll be deported to me.

Reactions: 2 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Questions being asked about the timing of Novax's supposed positive covid test. This is getting murkier by the day and looks more like he'll be deported to me.

Hope so Beets but apparently that judge who heard the appeal on Monday - the one with a pre determined view - said to Novax’s legal team at the end of the hearing, that if the Health Minister issues a deportation notice, then come back and see him and he’ll issue an injunction !!

• Wow

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Novak using a covid infection on 16 December to play. I wonder how he planned on playing in the Aus Open up to that point.

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Novak using a covid infection on 16 December to play. I wonder how he planned on playing in the Aus Open up to that point.

Thats the key point for me. Very very convenient infection he got.

Bear in mind he applied for his Visa in November when he didn't pass the entry requirements. So if he didn't get the "infection" on the 16th which seems to be in dispute (and he'd have actually been breaking Serbia's covid rules on the 17th and 18th when going to public events), like you say, how was he supposed to get into Australia? Was he a very lucky boy to test positive almost 14 days to the day until he needed to fill in his passenger card (where the rules around having an exemption due to a prior covid infection are you have to be 14 days assymptomatic) or is this all a bit too convenient and likely to have been falsely setup by Novax and his team.

Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
They are now investigating whether he has supplied a manipulated result. First confirmation code was “negative”. Then he supplied another one - with the same confirmation code - saying “positive.”

He’s got a lot of questions to answer this guy.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Hope so Beets but apparently that judge who heard the appeal on Monday - the one with a pre determined view - said to Novax’s legal team at the end of the hearing, that if the Health Minister issues a deportation notice, then come back and see him and he’ll issue an injunction !!
judges and brown paper bags are a match made in hell