Tennis | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tennis

Any outbreaks from that goose Kyrgios yet?
Yer, wasn't he a hero for beating up on a battling qualifier on his favourite court in front of his 'hoons and goons' followers who baited the poor guy disgracefully? I found it just acutely embarrassing for an Aussie tennis crowd. This is not what the sport is about. And our crowds used to show respect for the contest and both players. We even had the ugly Ronaldo 'booing'.

Wow! But he's such an 'entertainer'! But far from a quality tennis player/professional.

Just another narcissist flog IMO. It seems to be their age and many followers.

Reactions: 1 users
Good to see Kyrgios through.

Very watchable in a sport that ILO is pretty boring.

Leysy likes him.
Showing your usual dubious taste!? Great tennis (and players) is not boring ... but some people watch pro wrestling and think it's sport because ... it's so entertaining.
Anyway, you're welcome to NK. :LOL:

Show Pony he may be, but the boy is a seriously good tennis player when he's got his head right.

Feel sorry for Medvedev facing biased crowd with this show pony around.
I’m all for being patriotic, but no one is even clapping his good shots. Finding it quite embarrassing, as generally Melbourne crowds have been very gracious towards good play.

But no, the fans are rooting for a guy who in the 15 mins I’ve been watching has
-tried not one, but two between the legs shots. Both were unsuccessful and unnecessary, a normal tennis shot was all that was required.
-tried an underarm serve which was spectacularly unsuccessful

How anyone finds any of that entertaining is beyond me.

I’m all for being patriotic, but no one is even clapping his good shots. Finding it quite embarrassing, as generally Melbourne crowds have been very gracious towards good play.

But no, the fans are rooting for a guy who in the 15 mins I’ve been watching has
-tried not one, but two between the legs shots. Both were unsuccessful and unnecessary, a normal tennis shot was all that was required.
-tried an underarm serve which was spectacularly unsuccessful

How anyone finds any of that entertaining is beyond me.
Well said mopsy. What a laughter this goose is. Over-rated or what?

As soon as he starts losing, Mr Hyde antics come out.

Easily talented enough to have been a constant in the top 3 n won a handful of majors by now. To busy being Mr controversial entertainment.

I'm a fan also. Has the talent to win majors but not the stamina and mental toughness unfortunately. Hope he can improve these areas.
You realise he's 26 and must have been on the circuit for close to 10 years now if you include junior comps. What makes you think he has suddenly found the application or dedication to change?
Resigned himself to being 'an entertainer' - circus performer, who is good enough to make a heap of easy $$ but hasn't the heart to become a serious competitor. Good for having a heap of fun, pick up women and exploit his notoriety while it lasts.

Have a look at De Minaur for contrast. With this kid's effort, application or dedication in Nk's body? What a champion he would become.

Compared to his 'flogness' ! Are you watching? Here comes the slack, easy capitulation against a serious professional.

But, hey, you get the antics, the disputes with ump, crowd, two-way abuse/foul language, the joke 'tweeners' and under-armers. The carry-on to try and hide the continuous weakness of character and lack of real heart that sees him usually always fold and collapse against any quality opponent.

What a tease. Amazed people still get sucked in by him.

Reactions: 4 users
If Kyrgios wasn't such a self-entitled spoilt brat he'd have a big future, he's a deadset flog.

Reactions: 1 user