Terrorist Attacks | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Terrorist Attacks

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
scottyturnerscurse said:
I assume you think it's the black flag brigade and you may be right. But I'd happily take the field against them.

Has none of the hallmarks of Tamil groups. Well-cordinated => well-funded. No half-arsed lone wolves or tinnie terrorists.

Yeah there are probably other possibilities whose influence over there I don't understand, but my money's on ISIS or at least an ISIS offshoot.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
It's been noted that after Christchurch, Di Natale spoke of standing with Muslims against Islamaphobia, while today's attacks merely targeted "people gathering in peace".

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/blogs/andrew-bolt/compare-di-natales-sri-lanka-tweet-with-his-christchurch-one/news-story/1b71fc2b8f4fc34f00460c4f9a03112b
Fraser Anning was rightfully condemned for trying to score political points off the tragic deaths of the terrorist victims in Christchurch. The double standards you point out from those at the opposite end of the political spectrum, shows that much of their grandstanding after Christchurch, essentially had some of the same motivations. That is, scoring political points off the backs of those poor unfortunate souls who were killed.

Of course Anning was using the Christchurch attack to push his political agenda, that Muslim &/or Middle Eastern immigration is the root of many woes in western society. The left end of the political spectrum used it to justify their self flagellating political view, that western culture of Western European, Christian heritage is the root of all evil in the world.

Now, where Anning lost the plot, is that his stance basically implied some culpability on the victim’s part - or at least, was interpreted this way. The self flagellators on the left were able to intertwine their quest for scoring political points, with a position of solidarity. However, by not taking the same stand of righteousness on the Sri Lanka attacks, they show how hollow their principles are.

At the heart of this all though. Despairingly sad. Sri Lanka is such a beautiful country with just a beautiful people.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Panthera Tigris said:
Fraser Anning was rightfully condemned for trying to score political points off the tragic deaths of the terrorist victims in Christchurch. The double standards you point out from those at the opposite end of the political spectrum, shows that much of their grandstanding after Christchurch, essentially had some of the same motivations. That is, scoring political points off the backs of those poor unfortunate souls who were killed.

Of course Anning was using the Christchurch attack to push his political agenda, that Muslim &/or Middle Eastern immigration is the root of many woes in western society. The left end of the political spectrum used it to justify their self flagellating political view, that western culture of Western European, Christian heritage is the root of all evil in the world.

Christians did indeed condemn the Christchurch attack and stand beside Muslims in their grief. I didn't see or hear a single word excusing the killer (not that I went looking for it). This latest outrage will show that shallow ideologies are incapable of same.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Christians did indeed condemn the Christchurch attack and stand beside Muslims in their grief. I didn't see or hear a single word excusing the killer (not that I went looking for it). This latest outrage will show that shallow ideologies are incapable of same.

Agreed. It’s such a horrible situation. Respect, love compassion shouldn’t be a two way street.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
It's been noted that after Christchurch, Di Natale spoke of standing with Muslims against Islamophobia, while today's attacks merely targeted "people gathering in peace".

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/blogs/andrew-bolt/compare-di-natales-sri-lanka-tweet-with-his-christchurch-one/news-story/1b71fc2b8f4fc34f00460c4f9a03112b

Is getting a whack for this on Twitter. A majority of Australian’s are Christian and he doesn’t mention it. It will gain very little attention in the media and by posters on this thread in general as it doesn’t suit the agenda of the left.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
LeeToRainesToRoach said:

Yes, the likes of Di Natale, Hanson-Young and co (& their followers) are very keen on calling out prejudice and bigotry. But you scratch only just below the surface and it’s apparent that they just hold a different set of prejudices. The difference in language and stance that you posted demonstrates this.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
MB78 said:
Is getting a whack for this on Twitter. A majority of Australian’s are Christian and he doesn’t mention it. It will gain very little attention in the media and by posters on this thread in general as it doesn’t suit the agenda of the left.
I’m the first to admit, i’m not a practicing Christian. I’m of Christian roots and hence, would probably identify as a ‘cultural-Christian’ (as indeed, even prominent atheist philosopher, Richard Dawkins, identifies as such). So certainly have much respect and admiration for these roots. But the ilk of Di Natale and people of similar political persuasions have such self-flagellating contempt for these historical roots. And as such, I trust that these people were the first into the office over the traditionally holy Easter holiday period, as they also would be at Christmas.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Panthera Tigris said:
I’m the first to admit, i’m not a practicing Christian. I’m of Christian roots and hence, would probably identify as a ‘cultural-Christian’.

Similar. Strictly speaking I'm agnostic, but as I get older it's easier to appreciate how much of the stability and civility we have derives from Christianity.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Similar. Strictly speaking I'm agnostic, but as I get older it's easier to appreciate how much of the stability and civility we have derives from Christianity.
Yes. I’d say i’m Of similar persuasion. I was actually sent to Sunday school (at a Methodist congregation that had merged into the Uniting Church) as a youngster. My family weren’t overly religious, but on reflection it seems I was probably sent to appease my maternal grandmother, whom i’m Still close to. I think even as a little fella, I was too much of a rational person to ever truly believe in the spiritual ‘god’ stuff. But no doubt the general teachings influenced the formation of my morals, General outlook and worldview.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Panthera Tigris said:
Yes. I’d say i’m Of similar persuasion. I was actually sent to Sunday school (at a Methodist congregation that had merged into the Uniting Church) as a youngster. My family weren’t overly religious, but on reflection it seems I was probably sent to appease my maternal grandmother, whom i’m Still close to. I think even as a little fella, I was too much of a rational person to ever truly believe in the spiritual ‘god’ stuff. But no doubt the general teachings influenced the formation of my morals, General outlook and worldview.

I was actually baptised. Mum was pregnant and the priest would only marry my parents if they agreed to have me christened. Religion was neither pushed nor derided at home, but a couple of times my parents slipped up and referred to it as "rubbish". Jesus being the hook that separates Christianity from other religions, the son of God thing was always a bridge too far. Without being dismissive of the possibility that God exists, I only ever attend church for weddings or funerals.

I'd go as far as to say I envy the strength and balance that (some) Christians derive from religion. It just isn't for me, at least in any organised form.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Has none of the hallmarks of Tamil groups. Well-cordinated => well-funded. No half-arsed lone wolves or tinnie terrorists.

Yeah there are probably other possibilities whose influence over there I don't understand, but my money's on ISIS or at least an ISIS offshoot.
Very unlikely. It would be the first time ISIS has done anything in Sri Lanka.

I don’t know who it is but people I know who know Sri Lanka well immediately suspected radical Buddhist groups who operate in Sri Lanka and elsewhere in places like Burma. It seems too sophisticated for the Tamil Tigers and they have never specifically targeted Christians before even at the height of the separatist movement.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Sintiger said:
Very unlikely. It would be the first time ISIS has done anything in Sri Lanka.

I don’t know who it is but people I know who know Sri Lanka well immediately suspected radical Buddhist groups who operate in Sri Lanka and elsewhere in places like Burma. It seems too sophisticated for the Tamil Tigers and they have never specifically targeted Christians before even at the height of the separatist movement.

ISIS is spreading its tentacles throughout SE Asia. I was ridiculed here for stating as much two years ago. They bombed a church in the Philippines for the first time in January, and did similar in Indonesia last year.

It'll all come out soon enough.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
ISIS is spreading its tentacles throughout SE Asia. I was ridiculed here for stating as much two years ago. They bombed a church in the Philippines for the first time in January, and did similar in Indonesia last year.

Media reports are suggesting that it is a small Islamist group that haven’t previously been thought of too much by Sri Lankan authorities. It seems largely to be a new group to Sri Lankan shores. I suppose we will find out in time, what links - if any (loose, formal or otherwise) - they have to ISIS militants.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
LeeToRainesToRoach said:

Islamic groups have operated in the Philippines for more than 30 years , churches were attacked in the Borneo part of Indonesia more than 10 years ago so I am not sure why anyone would ridicule a view that ISIS was spreading in SEAsia. Jemaah islamiya , moro islamic liberation front etc have operated there for decades.

Of course Sri Lanka is not in SE Asia and as I said it would be the first time for them if it was an Islamic group. Let’s see but I suspect they already know who it was given raids have occurred. If it were Islamic it would be disturbing given the activities of radical Sinhalese Buddhist groups and what is left of the Tamil Tigers as well. A true melting pot of radical violence.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Panthera Tigris said:
Media reports are suggesting that it is a small Islamist group that haven’t previously been thought of too much by Sri Lankan authorities. It seems largely to be a new group to Sri Lankan shores. I suppose we will find out in time, what links - if any (loose, formal or otherwise) - they have to ISIS militants.

Is that concerning the supposedly leaked police memo about an upcoming attack? There's little to suggest that group has the capability to execute something on this scale.

A journo enquired about Madush during a press conference, referring to a major underworld criminal named Makandure Madush. He has apparently been funding IS training camps n Sri Lanka.

SpaceAce

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2007
Panthera Tigris said:
Yes, the likes of Di Natale, Hanson-Young and co (& their followers) are very keen on calling out prejudice and bigotry. But you scratch only just below the surface and it’s apparent that they just hold a different set of prejudices. The difference in language and stance that you posted demonstrates this.

This is because Di Natale and Sarah Hanson Stupid are radical cultural Marxists.
They hate Australia, they hate our values, they hate our culture and they hate Christianity! Period.
How *smile* demeaning that they along with the mainstream media are referring to the victims in Sri Lanka as ‘Easter Worshippers’
There needs to be a hard and decisive push back against this toxic PC culture and the leftist social justice warriors who propagate it. *smile* them all.

SpaceAce

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2007
Coburgtiger said:
This echo chamber has become a little terrifying.

Ill tell you what is terrifying:
The fact that 207 innocent souls have perished at the hands of a barbaric 7th century ideology which is hell bent on domination
The images of destruction and grief
The image of a blood splattered statue of Christ amongst the wreckage
Worse still, the deafening silence of all the virtue signallers and do gooders!

Echo chamber my arse!