Terrorist Attacks | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Terrorist Attacks

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Rumour on twitter that this was DV. The 38 yo mother that was killed with the injured 9 month old was the intended target.

Daughter of former footballer
Why re post rubbish rumours ? Re DV

Yep
North Melbourne

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Now that the picture is clearer, as tragic as this incidence was am thankful for 2 things.

1. It was mental health & not extremist religion related terror.

2. Our strong guns laws prevented a far greater death toll that we'd see in America if access to semi automatic weapons.

Reactions: 3 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
A "lone wolf terrorist" still needs an actual terrorist motivation. Looks like this doesn't fit that category.
Did he create terror by his actions? Did he terrorise people? Was he alone?

But usually terrorist has a political connotation.

He’s still a murdering *smile*
As Shakespeare said “ a rose by any other name would smell as sweet”

Last edited:

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I reckon we have to be careful using the term terrorist. This guy certainly created terror but the term terrorist brings up connotations of an ideological based attack of some sort and stirs up other emotions in the community that are counter productive and something we don't need at this time.

I prefer to use the term murdering *smile*.

Reactions: 6 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
After reading some more articles, kudos go to the lone police woman (inspector) Amy Scott who initially responded, headed to where the killer was, when confronted by him raising the knife towards her, shot him. Well done, very brave and most probably saved more lives

Also on video, the fella at the top of the escalator. Kept the killer from going any further. Held him in place while holding a bollard.
Well done and very brave, mate. You might have saved a few more lives as well.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
So, Kerry Good's daughter and John Singleton's daughter shows this was all a planned and not random attack?

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
So, Kerry Good's daughter and John Singleton's daughter shows this was all a planned and not random attack?

So someone contracted a looney from the Gold Coast to assassinate a couple of children of old semi-famous boomers at a crowded shopping centre on the off chance they would both be there while taking out a bunch of other random people including a baby?

Seems unlikely

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Also on video, the fella at the top of the escalator. Kept the killer from going any further. Held him in place while holding a bollard.
Well done and very brave, mate. You might have saved a few more lives as well.

Would love to know what happened with the Bollard Man. Video cut too early. Did they engage? Did the sick *smile* walk back down the escalator? Whatever happened, I hope Bollard Man is ok.

Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Where was Security ?.

At least 1 possibly 2 security guards stabbed to death according to latest reports, the perpetrator the only one to blame here, I can understand people wanting answers but virtually impossible to predict and stop a deranged attack.
Shot dead within 6 minutes but damaged already done.

• Sad

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Death too good for the *smile*. Cop should have shot his knees out. Then the families of the victims should be able to break every bone in his body. Day after day, until they feel better. Then slowly run him over with a steamroller.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
At least 1 possibly 2 security guards stabbed to death according to latest reports, the perpetrator the only one to blame here, I can understand people wanting answers but virtually impossible to predict and stop a deranged attack.
Shot dead within 6 minutes but damaged already done.
The only male in the confirmed deaths was a security guard

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
The only male in the confirmed deaths was a security guard

Yeah this guy seems to have had some sort of disagreeance with women. Even the video where you see people running for their lives and a man steps across them to block the attacker from getting to them and he just moves away, clearly that guy didn't fit his target pool.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
25 women in Australia murdered by their partners/ex-partners this year already.

Australia has a violence against women problem.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 10 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Yeah this guy seems to have had some sort of disagreeance with women. Even the video where you see people running for their lives and a man steps across them to block the attacker from getting to them and he just moves away, clearly that guy didn't fit his target pool.

Then I'm glad the pricks last thought was that he just got killed by a woman.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
25 women in Australia murdered by their partners/ex-partners this year already.

Australia has a violence against women problem.
Bloody sad and horrible numbers. Real women, real people.
But bit rough on those Australian men who love, respect, protect and cherish women and girls.

I wonder if there is some sort of common denominator apart from being weak, cowardly pricks.
Drugs? Alcohol? You could always say mental health problems because a “normal” wouldn’t be looking to kill his partner/ex.
In cold blood, heat of the moment? Generational? Society? Does there need more to be done in schools to teach respect for women?
It used to be (most) fathers were role models and taught young boys that women were the fairer sex.
To protect and cherish them. It was only a weak coward who raised a hand against women. There were always exceptions.

Or is it that women and their quest for equality has made them more of a target?
I’m buggered if I know, but it’s a horrible set of numbers. Numbers that represent real women! Mothers, daughters, sisters, aunties, grandmothers. Real people who have families.

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Do we need security screens/guards at entrances to shopping areas?
To detect metal objects?

We all need to be more vigilant.
On escalators etc.
Just don't know who is standing inches behind you.
It's a sad world.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Do we need security screens/guards at entrances to shopping areas?
To detect metal objects?

We all need to be more vigilant.
On escalators etc.
Just don't know who is standing inches behind you.
It's a sad world.
Well you can go to Cole’s or Woolies or Home and House and buy kitchen knives by the dozen. Any shape and size. .
Some deranged loonie could make a dozen weapons from so many everyday objects in a shopping centre.
I don’t know what the answer is though.