Terrorist Attacks | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Terrorist Attacks

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Do we need security screens/guards at entrances to shopping areas?
To detect metal objects?

We all need to be more vigilant.
On escalators etc.
Just don't know who is standing inches behind you.
It's a sad world.
Yep, and awareness and anticipation. I do this at shopping centres a lot of times. Walk around with a mongrel face.

Reactions: 1 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Yep, and awareness and anticipation. I do this at shopping centres a lot of times. Walk around with a mongrel face.
Imagine if this was a shopping centre in the good old US of A.
There’d be AR15’s, glocks, rpg’s gettin whipped out left, right and centre. From jackets, purses, under dresses by everyone for 12 years old to 99 year olds in gophers and walking frames.
Thank *smile* were a little more responsible. The murdered and injured toll are bad enough without the prevalence of guns they have.

Once again, kudos for the brave people who risked their lives with nothing but whatever was at hand to defend others and themselves.
Bloody magnificent. :clap2

Reactions: 3 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Where was Security ?.

You have had plenty of time to delete this post in the knowledge that not only was the only male victim a security guard, but he was muslim. But like that attention seeking Kobie Thatcher idiot on twitter, you chose not to.

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Do we need security screens/guards at entrances to shopping areas?
To detect metal objects?

We all need to be more vigilant.
On escalators etc.
Just don't know who is standing inches behind you.
It's a sad world.
So what chances are you of being murdered when going to a shopping centre? How many people gop to a shopping centre every day? How many people have died in this manner since shopping cenetres were built?

metal detectors to enter a shopping centre? Complete overreaction.

What we need is more funding for mental health services.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Imagine if this was a shopping centre in the good old US of A.
There’d be AR15’s, glocks, rpg’s gettin whipped out left, right and centre. From jackets, purses, under dresses by everyone for 12 years old to 99 year olds in gophers and walking frames.
Thank *smile* were a little more responsible. The murdered and injured toll are bad enough without the prevalence of guns they have.

Once again, kudos for the brave people who risked their lives with nothing but whatever was at hand to defend others and themselves.
Bloody magnificent. :clap2

Nah, the "good guys with guns" run and hide like most people. They are a fallacy trotted out by the gun lobby to keep guns where they are in the US. The "good guy with a gun" is as big a myth as Mate Colina.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
You have had plenty of time to delete this post in the knowledge that not only was the only male victim a security guard, but he was muslim. But like that attention seeking Kobie Thatcher idiot on twitter, you chose not to.
It was a civil question.
You might read more into it. And yet you keep promoting it. Why not just send a pm and ask him rather than putting it up again?

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Sounds like the scumbag may well have been an incel, couldn't get a girlfriend, had no social skills and sounds like he just decided to take it out on random women. Senseless and will make it even harder for the families of those to have died, as there is no sense whatsoever in why their loved ones were murdered.

• Angry

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
What we need is more funding for mental health services.
We do need more funding for mental health services but all the funding in the world may not solve a lot of issues like this.

I am not sure about this person specifically but you can’t lock every mental health patient up because of what they might do. Maybe he could have got more treatment, I am not sure.

One issue that I found interesting is that he was “known to police” in Queensland but not wanted for any crime. He moved to NSW and the NSW police have no knowledge of him. Information sharing between our different state police forces is sometimes lacking I suspect.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
We do need more funding for mental health services but all the funding in the world may not solve a lot of issues like this.

I am not sure about this person specifically but you can’t lock every mental health patient up because of what they might do. Maybe he could have got more treatment, I am not sure.

One issue that I found interesting is that he was “known to police” in Queensland but not wanted for any crime. He moved to NSW and the NSW police have no knowledge of him. Information sharing between our different state police forces is sometimes lacking I suspect.

His family said today that he was diagnosed with schizophrenia in his teens and was on medication, was doing well and then his doctor started to wean him off the medication and then his mental health started to deteriorate. He then moved away from them, and then moved further into NSW and the rest is history.

I think questions need to be asked of doctors where a medical solution is working, why would they try and change it and not then have regular checkups. If he missed them, then it should be setting off massive alarm bells.

His own family don't blame the police in either QLD or NSW, but sounded like they had serious questions about the advice from their doctor.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
This is Ausnalia, a federation of five states and two territories which all operate under their own set of rules n hate sharing at the best of times. Covid rules anyone?????

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
His family said today that he was diagnosed with schizophrenia in his teens and was on medication, was doing well and then his doctor started to wean him off the medication and then his mental health started to deteriorate. He then moved away from them, and then moved further into NSW and the rest is history.

I think questions need to be asked of doctors where a medical solution is working, why would they try and change it and not then have regular checkups. If he missed them, then it should be setting off massive alarm bells.

His own family don't blame the police in either QLD or NSW, but sounded like they had serious questions about the advice from their doctor.
Yeah I understand that and it is awful when things go wrong but personally I wouldn’t want to be a psychiatrist. It’s not like a physical illness i.e. you have physical evidence that a person is better or not.

Mental illness is so hard

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Another stabbing in Sydney, this time in an Assyrian Christian church. No deaths but the Bishop was stabbed. Apparently the angry crowd have chopped fingers off the assailant!

• Wow
  • Sad

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Another stabbing in Sydney, this time in an Assyrian Christian church. No deaths but the Bishop was stabbed. Apparently the angry crowd have chopped fingers off the assailant!
This is complicated and we need to see how it plays out.

Evidently the stabbed Bishop is outspoken against the LGBTQ+ community and is a COVID conspiracy theorist.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
This is complicated and we need to see how it plays out.

Evidently the stabbed Bishop is outspoken against the LGBTQ+ community and is a COVID conspiracy theorist.
It's not 'complicated'. This teenager stabbed people. Tried to murder them. He yelled Allah Akbar & is an absolute terrorist scum bag who will be locked up for life.

Reactions: 2 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
That's not to excuse those who retailed with violence of their own & threatened police officers & paramedics who were just doing their job.
Absolutely they should be punished as well.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
It's not 'complicated'. This teenager stabbed people. Tried to murder them. He yelled Allah Akbar & is an absolute terrorist scum bag who will be locked up for life.
Yeah ok.

All I am saying is that the “teachings” of this priest may be the reason why this out of control crowd appeared after. He is the darling of a nutcase fringe ultra conservative anti gay, anti vaccine and COVID conspiracy group.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Yeah ok.

All I am saying is that the “teachings” of this priest may be the reason why this out of control crowd appeared after. He is the darling of a nutcase fringe ultra conservative anti gay, anti vaccine and COVID conspiracy group.
This is Australia. You can say what you like without getting stabbed for it. Sorry but you are way off here Sin. Maybe focus on the perp.