THANK YOU PEGGY!!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

THANK YOU PEGGY!!!

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
What an amazing cultural and on-field performance led change Peggy has presided over in her 9 years as President of our truly great club.

Now that her time is coming to end I'd like to thank Peggy for the enormous contribution she has made, (will not easily be replaced).

Her last President Lunch speech and glowing tributes is well worth listening to, (which you can do below without the $550 price tag of attendance ;) )

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 61 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Peggy (with The Chief, Benny) has overseen the transformation of our club. Ably supported by the Board and the rest of the offield staff. She (with many others contributing) has brought respect, fiscal responsibility, good governance, a great club culture and success during her tenure.
Her calm demeanour and grace when under pressure has filtered down to all departments.
She leaves with the club in a much better place than when she arrived on the Board. She has left a lasting legacy.

Job done well. Well done Peggy.
Thank you

• Love
Reactions: 22 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
At the risk of plagiarising known numpty Brendon Goddard, they should make a movie about her.

Born in a tiny town in West Virginia, first in her family to go to university, meets an Aussie backpacker in Greece, follows him, lives in Richmond, gets invited to a game by the wife of a colleague. Think of all the different possible timelines you could go through before you came to that one.

What a remarkable story and a remarkable woman.

Thank you Peggy. Your contribution cannot truly be measured, but gee those 3 big cups go some way.

• Love
Reactions: 21 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Superstar. Proof is in the triple premiership pudding. Finals for 8 of the last 10 years. Massive shoes to fill. Love Peggy, dignity and strength, the coalminer's daughter from West Virginia.

Thank you so much Peggy!

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
When a club has everything right at the very top of the pinnacle the transformation of a club is a formality. Peggy and Brendon have made our club one to be proud off on field but more importantly off field. We will miss Peggy but fortunately still have Brendon so we still have part of the great leadership team in place

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
I love Peggy.
Brilliant Lady that brougt back ''respect' to the club.
The new bloke or chick has huge boots to fill

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
What can you say steady the ship on and off the field brought success forever great full.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
What an amazing cultural and on-field performance led change Peggy has presided over in her 9 years as President of our truly great club.

Now that her time is coming to end I'd like to thank Peggy for the enormous contribution she has made, (will not easily be replaced).

Her last President Lunch speech and glowing tributes is well worth listening to, (which you can do below without the $550 price tag of attendance ;) )

She stuck to her word, along with Gale that Dimma was the coach to take us forward and wasn’t going to be ‘sacked’.

Those two rebuilt this club to the ‘powerhouse’ we are today!

Thank you.

Thanks also Julius for posting the link!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
Hindsight is a wonderful thing but a common value I see (great) female leaders bring vs male is that of inclusivity. Peggy has done that in spades - It clearly makes the RFC an attractive place to work.

I was super sceptical of the resources diverted to make the Korin Gamadji institute work. Plenty here calling for us to focus on football and not do this kind of social stuff.

It surely can’t be a surprise at how successful we have been recently at developing and retaining players of aboriginal descent. Dreamtime this year was just so good from RFC. Massive built in competitive advantage that isn’t going to go away and also supports the community at the same time.

Well done Peggy.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Her style of leadership changed our club for the better forever.
Showed her greatest strength in the club's hour of need back in 2016 when things could have gone either way.
Start building the statue the moment she departs.

Thank you for everything Peggy.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Hindsight is a wonderful thing but a common value I see (great) female leaders bring vs male is that of inclusivity. Peggy has done that in spades - It clearly makes the RFC an attractive place to work.

I was super sceptical of the resources diverted to make the Korin Gamadji institute work. Plenty here calling for us to focus on football and not do this kind of social stuff.

It surely can’t be a surprise at how successful we have been recently at developing and retaining players of aboriginal descent. Dreamtime this year was just so good from RFC. Massive built in competitive advantage that isn’t going to go away and also supports the community at the same time.

Well done Peggy.
Agree. Sad to see her go now as she was part of our dynasty. Also should be praised for having the guts to take on a first female prez position which has now been copied elsewhere.

Reactions: 7 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
For so long we were a basket case. Bring in Peggy and Benny who understood how long it would take to change what had been decades of mediocrity.

What a great job they did.

Peggy O'Neal has been a wonderful President for our club and also proud we put a woman in as Pres.

The club has become a highly respected organisation under her leadership, a club you not only support because you support the footy team, but a club you are proud to support with the off-field programmes and with the way they operate.

Huge shoes to fill, let's hope the example of Peggy means we never go down the road to mediocrity again.

DS

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Loved the part when she was highlighting the club achievements from when she started and then "and in case you think I've forgotten, along the way we managed to win 3 premierships...." :mhihi

She deserved the standing ovation.

Great speech from Benny too in praising Peggy.

Ray Hall and Andy Collins (Leysy's boy) were there too as her player sponsors.

Didn't realise it was Sam Lane (what happened to her?) who spoke just after Benny.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Honour, integrity, compassion, humility and class, Peggy has all of those traits in spades.

I thank Peggy from the bottom of my heart for holding the line in 2016, and for everything that she has done for the RFC.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users