THANK YOU PEGGY!!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

THANK YOU PEGGY!!!

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
What is more important? Presiding over 3 flags or destroying democracy at the RFC? By all means celebrate her achievements and thank her for the good times, but you also cannot forget her failures… because one day we will regret some of the decisions that were made under her watch.

• Dislike
Reactions: 6 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
What is more important? Presiding over 3 flags or destroying democracy at the RFC? By all means celebrate her achievements and thank her for the good times, but you also cannot forget her failures… because one day we will regret some of the decisions that were made under her watch.
I'm not completely over those changes, I know there's been changes to the constitution.

Term limits were one of those changes, I think that change was a good thing.

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Here we go, knew there would be one:rolleyes:

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
One day when we have an incompetent board that we can't vote out or even push for an EGM... I'll be here to tell you i told you so.
There is still a provision for an EGM

5% of member from memory

It used to be something ridiculous like 100 members could force an EGM

Reactions: 2 users

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
Peggy has served more than admirably as President. Beyond any expectation. We would not be the powerhouse we are without her leadership and diligence. She deserves a massive thank-you and legendary status at the RFC. Thank-you for all your vision and effort Peggy.

However, having said that, I am with Bin Man. We are not going to have this successful era forever. History shows that past lessons get unlearned or forgotten in periods of desperation. The changes made to the constitution and inability for club members to now vote for change in the boardroom will come back to bite badly at some stage in the future. Those of you saying we can still call an EGM if things go pear shaped are deluded. Won't happen, can't happen now. The last significant vote by members for board candidates was manipulated to bring about a particular outcome. We are left with limited voting rights because nobody turned up when they were put on the line. When Demetriou or McLachlan or Hocking or Scott, in whatever alternate form, come to power at the RFC in a future moment, well, we will just have to grin and bear it. And provide the lube.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Feral, rabid supporters voting for board candidates or applying for seats as soon as things get tough.
Where would we have been after 2016?
And what successful modern organisations operates like that?
Passion is not a prerequisite to sit on a board. Skills are

Reactions: 5 users

Rantnrave

Tiger Legend
May 6, 2008
Unquestionably a key role in transforming richomnd both on and off the club.We love how our club has performed in every way

Reactions: 1 users

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
as important as Dusty/Cotchin/Dimma/benny to our (on going) success