The All-Un-Australian Team 2020 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The All-Un-Australian Team 2020

It's a disgrace that Grimes and Vlastuin have missed selection. Boneheaded selectors.
And to think that Diverfield has been named captain ... now, that's laughable.

Reactions: 1 users
Erm...AA Selectors you might want to look at this...(HUN)
Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 7.44.27 am.png

Reactions: 1 user
If the AA selectors were selecting the best Australian cricket team of all time they'd have McGrath as first drop, Bradman at number 11 and four keepers.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Well I'm going to go buck the trend and say that I believe Patrick Dangerfield is the obvious choice as captain. ....

No other player in the competition has consistently shown the marked improvement in all areas of his technique as Patrick has...

This year the panel has seen the work he has done to refine his performance and has quite justifiably given it a score of 8.0.... up from last years monumentally underrated 7.0. thus leading to his ascension on the podium.

Unfortunately for Patrick, his triple somersault with half pike twist in the 2019 preliminary final could not be included in last seasons score, but in this Covid era season, the committee deemed it as a particularly special effort requiring due recognition. And so it was.

I expect Patrick to take these learnings into 2021 where we are sure to see even more spectacular aerial gymnastics propelling him to the 1st score of 9.0.

Congratulations Patrick, what a fine champion you have become!

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
If the AA selectors were selecting the best Australian cricket team of all time they'd have McGrath as first drop, Bradman at number 11 and four keepers.

Scott Muller opening the bowling

• Haha
weird team. don't know half the names, and appears to be a lot of good names missing.

If Aussies rules was an international sport , and there was a test series or a World Cup to be played in a highly competitive nature ,

you would see more tigers in there , when real games have to be won , and you want the players with the proven record who stand up in the heat of battle , it’s a different selection process than patting people on the back for having a nice season

Reactions: 2 users
It's almost like an encouragement award this year.

Reactions: 7 users
Too much emphasis on stats.
Yes, as many of us have speculated, the "experts" don't seem to watch many games and just go from the stats sheets. The journo's and experts all need to be sacked and get some people in with an actual passion for the game. They might actually watch it then and give us some insight.

If Aussies rules was an international sport , and there was a test series or a World Cup to be played in a highly competitive nature ,

you would see more tigers in there , when real games have to be won , and you want the players with the proven record who stand up in the heat of battle , it’s a different selection process than patting people on the back for having a nice season
Maybe.
Or they will still go with the beautiful looking ‘book of Fagan stats’.

I know I’m hard on Old man Fagan.

Jeez thats an ordinary side.

Did they select Gawn because he tried hard this year? He was useless

Not sure why Bomtmytelly got selected he was mr invisible in half of the games i saw Footscary play in.

You know its a joke when Grimes isn't in that backline.
Should we send them the tape of the Geelong game, Footscary game, Brisbane game, Collingwood game.

Delete the thread. My blood pressure is sky high

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Maybe.
Or they will still go with the beautiful looking ‘book of Fagan stats’.

I know I’m hard on Old man Fagan.

Get ready for the dribble on Fridey night.
Someone should have the balls to call out 'Arrr Shut Up' as soon as he mentions any numbers.

• Wow
Idea.

Forget stats.

Look at each position on the field and select the best’ player for that position.

Don’t select a ‘bunch’ of midfielders’ for the sake of it and place them on the wing, HFF.

Another suggestion.
The selection need a overhall.
Have past greats in the position that they were great in, won accolades in their field, not necessarily Brownlow winners but multiple B & F winners, proven big game players, big game finals player ( if they played ) but truly respected Hall of Fame etc.

Gun in their position.

Backman
Centreman
Winger
Ruckman
Forward

Just an idea & thought.

Why is Hocking & Gill part of this?
No commentators.

Thoughts???

Last edited:
After the Tiges win the GF there should be a game arranged between this mob (excluding Dustin) and Richmond.
It would show up this exercise for the farce that it is.