The All-Un-Australian Team 2020 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The All-Un-Australian Team 2020

Have a listen to Glen Jakovich one of the AA selectors .

Contradictions galore.

Thanks for posting this. He spent most of the interview justifying “his” selection of WC players. If I heard correctly, Liam Ryan selected “due to his performance in 2018 GF” (he kicked 0.2) and “his superb off the ball running in 7 home games this year”.?????

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for posting this. He spent most of the interview justifying “his” selection of WC players. If I heard correctly, Liam Ryan selected “due to his performance in 2018 GF” (he kicked 0.2) and “his superb off the ball running in 7 home games this year”.?????

Reactions: 1 user
All of these things are just opinions, AA selection, Rising Star, Brownlow. Ultimately they are just what a group of people think. The only true measure is Premierships, which is the philosophy of team over individual, players playing their role and adding to the collective success. Some clichés are true, ”a champion team will beat a team of champions”, for good reason. Hopefully we will demonstrate this again this year and our players who are largely unrecognised for their brilliance will get another bigger reward than any individual honour bestowed by some has-beens and never-wases (and Richo).

Yeh, Jako did himself no favours in that interview.

I posted something similar in the other thread except I'd have the clubs do it. Let them nominate whoever they like in specific positions and then the selectors decide on the final team.
Same Richo.
I was different to you though.
Mentioned it should be past greats in the positions to nominate and get rid of Gill & Hocking .

Past greats are as clueless as anyone.
In their positions and while we are at a few who are there now need a break.
I think every few years rotate it, maybe???
Pick players in their positions, not 10 midfielders trying to find positions for them all over the ground.