The anti-Frawley rabble | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The anti-Frawley rabble

The Warragul Tiger

eat 'em alive!
Jul 22, 2003
Warragul
Obviously there is a lot being said by some fairly vocal “supporter” types about the present state of the Richmond Footy Club.

Now I am also pretty distressed about the way things are going right now – but I’m afraid that I get even more peeved at those “experts” who rant and rave about how we’ll never ever be any good unless and until we either
- get rid of the coach and/or
- get rid of the current administration and/or
- get rid of players such as Bowden, Rogers … Richo
- etc etc

Now I don’t claim to have the answers either – but I’m certainly not going to give much credence to a few embittered and loud-mouthed knockers without some evidence that proves that they are not just talking with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight.

It’s extremely easy to appear wise after the event (i.e. now when things are going bad). But if these “critics” are really as smart as they’d have us think – then surely they were doing and saying these same things after round 8 this year (and also at the end of 2001). In fact that would have been the ideal time for them to have really gone vocal and told the world then that we were hopeless and destined to win only one further game for the season.

Unfortunately I just don’t seem to recall seeing or hearing anything quite like that – and I wonder whether that says more about them than I ever could here.

Incidentally it was interesting to read in this mornings paper that Benny Gale, Tommy Hafey and Francis Bourke all expressing support for the Frawley and his team.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Well said Warragul Tiger and welcome aboard.

Without defending the ranters there are a number of people on this site that have been vocal in their "anti Frawley" message since I have been posting on this site (started last Oct I think). So at least they are consitent in unique sort of way.

Personally I have been very vocal in my supporter of what is happening at the Club and will continue to do so as long as they carry the plan through

But you make an excellent point. Tommy Hafey is revered at our Club for good reason and for him to come out and show his support of Danny I think makes a pretty big statement.

Again welcome ;)

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
1. As stated by Koalalill, most anti frawley posters here thought it was a mistake to hire him, said so but basically kept their peace while he was going OK,and now have gradually become more vocal as they have been proven correct.
2. Some are new converts to our belief, because of the circumstances, which is fair enough. Yes we have the benefit of 20/20 hindsight, and in hindsight it was a $#$@# huge mistake hiring Frawley, because he is no good at coaching. Further, in hindsight, we should have hauled off and whacked a few others also.

Please- don't tell me that I need to have some sort of moral allegiance to the idea of anti-Frawleyism- we know he isn't a bad guy - we just want a decent footy team. :mad:

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
Oh, yeah...
If the collective group of people that believe that Frawley should leave is a rabble mister 2 posts, what is the collective noun for those that believe he is doing just a smashing job and should be retained?
The pro - Frawley Ostriches?
ahhhh, i'll leave it up to you. I'm sure you'll tell me why I'm wrong anyway. ;)

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
hutstar said:
2. Some are new converts to our belief, because of the circumstances, which is fair enough.

:-[ :-[ :-[ I wish I was positive rosy still but I am not an ostrich worst luck. The results are facts not opinions, they speak for themself. Ah well bring on next season cos I certainly aren't feeling too inclined to defend this one. :mad:

RFC not KFC

Tiger Superstar
May 2, 2003
So what's your plan Warragul Tiger? Do you think you'll see success in the short term? Straight out not a hope in hell. Stick with the current playing list, stick with a coach who's pre-Richmond career was 248 games at the worst football club in Victoria and a couple of years at Collingwood as an assistant when they were bottom of the heap. Let's sum this clown up by looking at the one player he chose to bring from the Magpies list. Clinton King aint a footballers #@$!hole.

kb7882

Tiger Champion
Jul 10, 2003
Lilydale
hutstar said:
Oh, yeah...
If the collective group of people that believe that Frawley should leave is a rabble mister 2 posts, what is the collective noun for those that believe he is doing just a smashing job and should be retained?
The pro - Frawley Ostriches?
ahhhh, i'll leave it up to you. I'm sure you'll tell me why I'm wrong anyway. ;)

Are the number of posts relevant to an opinion ?

Roar34

I wuv the Tiggers
Aug 10, 2003
Castlemaine
Like the Warrigal Tiger, I am also a newcomer to PRE but not to the RFC. I have been questioning Frawley's capabilities for the past 2 seasons (see my posting under "Who should be tigers next coach"...I think I'm on about page #4) but mine is just a small voice in the scheme of things and I have grown used to Richmond self-destructing all the time. I am chastened by three of my most respected ex-Richmond people coming out in favour of Spud and so I don't really know how to answer WT except to blame my outbursts on my deep love for Richmond. I could even accept things if we (the Tiges) were more competitive on the field. Nobody likes to lose but it's not quite so bad if the supporters at least have the feeling that we gave it our best shot. Let's just make the 8 on a regular basis, that's what the good teams do for their supporters.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Ok guys back to being nice rosy....Look on the bright side and you can always find positives.

We are the best team in the competition at grinding. Doesn't matter if we don't win as long as we stop the opposition beating us by a big margin. The end of year trophy is ours.

We have won 7 games. That's seven times we've sang our song after the game.

How many teams can manage losing streaks of 8 or more in consecutive years? Very consistant.

We have a short list so think of the savings on player payments we are making.

We are keeping a lot of past it players off the streets. Doesn't it feel good to be a member of the Richmond benevolent society?

The players and fans all know they can book holidays, weddings etc for September each year. Not all football teams show that kind of consideration for their members social life.

Our coach has the luxury of being exempt from blame for the teams performance. No matter how bad things are he's guaranteed the coaching position, no questions asked. He can even prebook a holiday in September a year ahead himself.

You people always look for the negatives delve a bit deeper and there are positives a plenty. ;D

OK I admit there is a negative. We won't be able to hang it on ourselves so much next year in our premiership season. ;)

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
Hartbalme- no. of post is not relevant to an opinion- but relevant to the amount of time you will get from those that have been saying what they think for a while.
I have no problem with someone coming out and saying what they think, as long as they expect to get an equally disrespectful reply.

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
I've been saying what I think for a lot longer than you hutstar, but nobody gives a flying fig what I think! ;D ;D ;D

Koalalill

Dec 17, 2002
Dean3 said:
I've been saying what I think for a lot longer than you hutstar, but nobody gives a flying fig what I think! ;D ;D ;D

You know I do Dean3

:D ;) :D ;)

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Haha Lill, have you read Deans opinions for the last few years though? ;D

Koalalill

Dec 17, 2002
Don't be too harsh on me Rosy - as I said I think I have been here since October :-\ ;D

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
We get bad press about being SACK THE COACH HAPPY.
Our record is no worse that most SUCCESSFUL clubs.

Barassi started as coach in 1965 a year brfore Tom Hafey.

Carlton Richmond
Barassi Hafey
Nicholls Richardson
Thorogood Jewell
Stewart Bourke
Jesaulenko Patterson
Jones Sproule
Parkin Jewell
Walls Bartlett
jesaulenko Jeanes
Parkin Northey
Brittain Walls
Pagan. Gieschen
Frawley

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
I knew in my heart, KL, I would one day get you to say "I do Dean3". Shall we walk into the sunset, and stick our heads in the sand together? ;D ;D

Koalalill

Dec 17, 2002
Dean3 said:
I knew in my heart, KL, I would one day get you to say "I do Dean3". Shall we walk into the sunset, and stick our heads in the sand together? ;D ;D

LMAO ;D ;D ;D

"We will" by the looks of it ;)