The anti-Frawley rabble | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The anti-Frawley rabble

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
How many of our coaches have been sacked. Could people please fill the gaps for me?

Hafey
Richardson
Jewell
Bourke
Patterson
Sproule
Jewell
Bartlett= Contract not renewed
Jeanes
Northey= Walked out
Walls
Gieschen= Resigned
Frawley

jackstar

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 5, 2003
Jeans= Health problems. Think it was a tumor ?
If he wasnt well before coming to the Tigers, he was certainly crook when he left.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
rosy3 said:
Hafey
Richardson
Jewell
Bourke
Patterson
Sproule
Jewell
Bartlett= Contract not renewed
Jeanes
Northey= Walked out
Walls
Gieschen= Resigned
Frawley

Hafey - left I think
Richardson - sacked
Jewell - sacked
Bourke - sacked
Sproule - sacked
patterson - sacked
Jewell - "resigned" but was told he was going
Walls - sacked
Gieschen - "resigned" - see Jewell version 2
Frawley - current coach ;D

Jeans - health problems - heart I believe - the Tumor was in his Hawthorn days

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
How long do we give this dud......someone at least answer me that question, how long does everyone think is fair and reasonable 4 years and their ordinary does he need 1 more 2 more.......what is the time span he is entitled to before he is questioned as a coach.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Hey Warragul - when I saw our perormance in the Wizard Cup against Melbourne I wrote off our season and wrote off Frawley. I gave him one last chance and when I saw the same style of play in the wizard cup I thought OMG nothing has changed and its time to go Frawely.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
hutstar said:
Please- don't tell me that I need to have some sort of moral allegiance to the idea of anti-Frawleyism- we know he isn't a bad guy - we just want a decent footy team. :mad:
Thats probably the whole point in a nutshell if we don't have a decent footy team you cant expect top results. So maybe its time for the admin/recruiting dept. to give the coach a DECENT and full list of players

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
TigerMasochist said:
Thats probably the whole point in a nutshell if we don't have a decent footy team you cant expect top results. So maybe its time for the admin/recruiting dept. to give the coach a DECENT and full list of players

Maybe its time the coach built and developed a decent list of his own.

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
Maybe its time we recruit the best player available at draft time and model them into the position required to fill in. Of course you cant do that for all position. You cant mold a 170 cm person to became a ruckman

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
TigerMasochist said:
hutstar said:
Please- don't tell me that I need to have some sort of moral allegiance to the idea of anti-Frawleyism- we know he isn't a bad guy - we just want a decent footy team. :mad:

Casey has Spud on a perfanced based contract.
Casey is a businessmen, and spuds contract is a business style contract.

I wouldn't mind betting that he has Greg Miller on a similar type contract.
I know that it's a handshake type deal. But i bet that if he gets results he'll get well paid.

If that's the case I will be watching closing the type of players that we recruit at the end of the season.

What does every one want, tried players from other clubs or young draftees.

RFC not KFC

Tiger Superstar
May 2, 2003
Definately prefer draft picks unless we get quality tried players. We'll excuse Blumfield at the moment due to injuries and we're happy with Staff but look at the other tries players on the list. Nichols, Houlihan, Biddiscombe, Hilton, King (let's not forget Huddo even though he's gone). If they can find a couple more Kane Johnsons I'd be happy.

Roar34

I wuv the Tiggers
Aug 10, 2003
Castlemaine
To Rosy3 & KL:
I'm pretty sure Tommy Hafey was at least "pushed" as I recall my little den of tigers were all devastated at his treatment, along the lines of, "he gave us 4 flags & that's how they treat him!"
And I seem to recall that was at the end of the '76 season. I think Barry Richardson then served 2 years as coach.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
RFC not KFC said:
Definately prefer draft picks unless we get quality tried players. We'll excuse Blumfield at the moment due to injuries and we're happy with Staff but look at the other tries players on the list. Nichols, Houlihan, Biddiscombe, Hilton, King (let's not forget Huddo even though he's gone). If they can find a couple more Kane Johnsons I'd be happy.

I agree, i would like to see us go for youth.
If there is a top notch player(s) available as a trade go for it.
Other wise no tried players from other clubs.

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
Roar34 said:
To Rosy3 & KL:
I'm pretty sure Tommy Hafey was at least "pushed" as I recall my little den of tigers were all devastated at his treatment, along the lines of, "he gave us 4 flags & that's how they treat him!"
And I seem to recall that was at the end of the '76 season. I think Barry Richardson then served 2 years as coach.

The board voted on his position and all but one voted in support. The one vote against was from our godfather G.R. so Tommy left as he 'didn't have full support'.

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
To totally blow any logic in keeping him on - consider this!

Frawley has one year left of his contract, but we are talking about re-building an inadequate list now.

If we start to re-build the list, would it not make sense to do so with a long term coach who can oversee these list improvements???

You can't put the blame on the players when the coach thought we were 2 crumbing goal kickers away from a flag! No matter how you look at it, that was incredibly poor judgement on his behalf. To make matters worse, the two crumbers we recruited were Hudson and Houlihan - does any more need to be said in terms of incompetence.

Anyone in support of this coach pleeeeeaaase watch our games and watch how impotent we are as a running team. There is no pressure on the opposition at all. How often do you see us corral an opposition player with the ball, but not actually go in and effect the tackle - "just so long as he doesn't run past me"!!

This doesn't put any pressure on the opponent's delivery, and they hit a target in front of them with ease even though we have 18 men back trying to block up their game.

To quote Benny Gale when asked whether or not Frawley is the right man:

"I think he is; yea, i do. I think he's a real good fella, a good man with principles, and that's half the battle"

WHAT A CROCK OF SH!T.

So what if he's a nice guy. Maybe that's his problem. Maybe we need a head kicker to get some run and guts into our players.

Half the battle would be:

1) a good tactician - and looking at the cohesion we see from our game plan, that he definitely ain't.

or

2) A leader of men. - now if Danny has the right game plan, then it means that his leadership ability is CRAP because our players certainly ain't following it.

He's been there 4 years and we are getting worse by the year. It's not like there's been ANY improvement, because the truth is the opposite.

How can you justify keeping him on when you have someone like Terry Wallace who twice was a kick or two away from a Grand Final birth with a list as bad as ours. He'd think it was Christmas with our list because we actually HAVE some talls.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Top post frickenel. Agree 100%.

If they think Danny is a coach to lead us into the future well and good. They don't exactly give the impression they do though.

I think a couple of egos in charge don't want the stigma of ending a coaches contract hanging over them, so will keep Danny on as a personal statement.

I dread to think how the negative attitude of grinding out games is affecting the kids coming though. If next season is as dismal as the previous two the damage could linger on long after Danny has gone.

Roar34

I wuv the Tiggers
Aug 10, 2003
Castlemaine
Thanks frickenel for clearing that up about TH...so we have the great GR to thank for that loss, do we?
As to your next posting, I agree with what you say. I have been saying all along, let's hear it for Terry's Tigers!!!!