The Astronomy Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Astronomy Thread

Partial eclipses are boring compared to the complete eclipse. Glad I got to see it. Didn't realise at the time how rare they are.

rosy23 said:
Partial eclipses are boring compared to the complete eclipse. Glad I got to see it. Didn't realise at the time how rare they are.

True but it does darken the sky a lot more than an ultra-boring red moon does.

Next total for Victoria is 200 years away, and next solar in 2018. Looks like October 1976 was a special experience.....except for our Scottish terrier who was scared sh!tless.

Check this out some Google geeks created a tour of the galactic neighbourhood for chrome:

http://workshop.chromeexperiments.com/stars/

Got an app called Star Walk for the iPad. Pretty cool, you hold it up to the sky and it shows you the constellations, stars, planets, asteroids, man-made satellites and other objects of interest in the direction you're pointing. Cost $3.

StarWalk_zpse56b7a0e.jpg

rosy23 said:
Partial eclipses are boring compared to the complete eclipse.

:hihi. Yeah, 'partial eclipse of the heart' wouldnt have had the same ring for Bonnie Tyler would it?

Tuesday morning headlines, "Lights out, as Richmond totally eclipse Melbourne"

• Love
Reactions: 1 user