The Beer thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Beer thread

Jake

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
I bought a slab of Mountain Goat Very Enjoyable Beer for $42 at Dans the other day during a lockdown panic trip. Haven't cracked it open yet, but will do tomorrow night (trying for 3 alcohol free days p/w). Anyone tried this yet?

Alcohol free days?? No.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
(trying for 3 alcohol free days p/w). Anyone tried this yet?

in the last 6 weeks, I have gone alcohol free except a small window between 5pm-11pm on saturdays. i've broken it twice so far. once on my misses birthday (Easter Monday) and last weekend where i had 2-3 extra after working really long hours.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I forgot about this wonderful thread, I hope we all went an got our 6 cans of Furphy for $10 thanks to our wonderful sponsor Furphy. Not a big fan , but not a bad drop

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I forgot about this wonderful thread, I hope we all went an got our 6 cans of Furphy for $10 thanks to our wonderful sponsor Furphy. Not a big fan , but not a bad drop
Not real keen on Furphy either.
Sapporo Black is not a bad drop. It's a dark lager and comes in a 650ml can, a bit exy, but you can get 2 cans for $13.

Reactions: 1 users

Tenacious

Tiger Champion
May 19, 2008

Rather keep the tenner and put it towards a pint at The Duke after the next win at the ‘G

• Haha

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
I bought a slab of Mountain Goat Very Enjoyable Beer for $42 at Dans the other day during a lockdown panic trip. Haven't cracked it open yet, but will do tomorrow night (trying for 3 alcohol free days p/w). Anyone tried this yet?
Yep, found it to be Very Bland

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
Go to beers when not on the homebrew;
Tooheys Old
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Stone & Wood Pacific

Lockdown here in Perth last year the local small breweries all offered free home delivery - Otherside, Blasta, Heroes & Villians were all good

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
Menabrea.
Nice Iti beer with a pizza Redders.
Firstly, I love beer.
My notes from a life time of enjoyment:
- All old school Aussie beers are like Jane Fonda, they were good in the 70’s.
- Best beer in the world is made in Germany and the Czech Republic
- My go to session beer is Heineken imported (white carton with green label).
- Don’t mind an English Ale from a country pub in the UK
- Best session on the gas, Munich. Loved it, had 8 buckets and woke up without a hangover
- Good memories, Old Dock on tap in Freo
- Don’t mind a Dutchie called La Trappe Blonde in winter on Fri night watching the boys.
- I also don’t mind a good pint of Guinness. Love a Cascade Stout as well and for those that haven’t tried it, have a go at Bridge Road Brewer’s Robust Porter on a cold dark wet night by the fire.
- Another great beer I always loved was Coopers Draught on tap at the Austral for a Sunday arvo session on Rundle Street in Adelaide 20 years ago when I worked over there. Just had a great, I need more taste about it.

Beer is great and I love going to different places and trying different beers.

Also don’t mind a Jane Fonda when something extraordinary happens.

Attachments

• F948121A-33C5-4ACD-9EE6-6E571EE50355.jpeg
    F948121A-33C5-4ACD-9EE6-6E571EE50355.jpeg
    309.2 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: 9 users