The Beer thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Beer thread

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I forgot about this wonderful thread, I hope we all went an got our 6 cans of Furphy for $10 thanks to our wonderful sponsor Furphy. Not a big fan , but not a bad drop

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I forgot about this wonderful thread, I hope we all went an got our 6 cans of Furphy for $10 thanks to our wonderful sponsor Furphy. Not a big fan , but not a bad drop
Not real keen on Furphy either.
Sapporo Black is not a bad drop. It's a dark lager and comes in a 650ml can, a bit exy, but you can get 2 cans for $13.

Reactions: 1 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008

Rather keep the tenner and put it towards a pint at The Duke after the next win at the ‘G

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
I bought a slab of Mountain Goat Very Enjoyable Beer for $42 at Dans the other day during a lockdown panic trip. Haven't cracked it open yet, but will do tomorrow night (trying for 3 alcohol free days p/w). Anyone tried this yet?
Yep, found it to be Very Bland

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
Go to beers when not on the homebrew;
Tooheys Old
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Stone & Wood Pacific

Lockdown here in Perth last year the local small breweries all offered free home delivery - Otherside, Blasta, Heroes & Villians were all good

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
Menabrea.
Nice Iti beer with a pizza Redders.
Firstly, I love beer.
My notes from a life time of enjoyment:
- All old school Aussie beers are like Jane Fonda, they were good in the 70’s.
- Best beer in the world is made in Germany and the Czech Republic
- My go to session beer is Heineken imported (white carton with green label).
- Don’t mind an English Ale from a country pub in the UK
- Best session on the gas, Munich. Loved it, had 8 buckets and woke up without a hangover
- Good memories, Old Dock on tap in Freo
- Don’t mind a Dutchie called La Trappe Blonde in winter on Fri night watching the boys.
- I also don’t mind a good pint of Guinness. Love a Cascade Stout as well and for those that haven’t tried it, have a go at Bridge Road Brewer’s Robust Porter on a cold dark wet night by the fire.
- Another great beer I always loved was Coopers Draught on tap at the Austral for a Sunday arvo session on Rundle Street in Adelaide 20 years ago when I worked over there. Just had a great, I need more taste about it.

Beer is great and I love going to different places and trying different beers.

Also don’t mind a Jane Fonda when something extraordinary happens.

Attachments

• F948121A-33C5-4ACD-9EE6-6E571EE50355.jpeg
    F948121A-33C5-4ACD-9EE6-6E571EE50355.jpeg
    309.2 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: 9 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Tried my first Gose style beer over the weekend. It's an acquired taste, but if you're into salty beer, give it a shot.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
That would likely be midstrength schooners too. As with all consumables at Melbourne AFL stadiums, ridiculously over priced. Not sure what it's like interstate.
worse, if anything can be worse that that Great Northern cats *smile*
I was at Adelaide Oval 2 weeks ago for Port game & they only had some *smile* craft beer, The Cray Pot in Perth is even worse, again craft beer but its atrocious

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Potentially a very dangerous post which possibly should be in The No Beer Thread...!
Any recommendations for zero alcohol brands:peepwall:hijack

• Haha