The Beer thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Beer thread

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Tried my first Gose style beer over the weekend. It's an acquired taste, but if you're into salty beer, give it a shot.

Yeah its not too bad the old gose, I tried the Stomping Ground mango gose on tap at a small brewery a while back and was impressed.

Not something i buy regularly but its enjoyable every now and then.

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I forgot about this wonderful thread, I hope we all went an got our 6 cans of Furphy for $10 thanks to our wonderful sponsor Furphy. Not a big fan , but not a bad drop
Yeah, bought it on Sunday, I quite liked it.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Just watched this week's Catalyst episode showing the brewing of beer. One of their best IMO.

Interesting to learn how micro algae can be the future alternative to CO2. Haven't had a craft beer for a while now.....

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Interesting to learn how micro algae can be the future alternative to CO2. Haven't had a craft beer for a while now.....
Micro algae, is that like belly button lint n ear wax? No wonder I'm not a massive fan of home brew, erm I mean craft beer.

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
I wonder how much we will get stung for a Beer at The G this year LOL

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Micro algae, is that like belly button lint n ear wax? No wonder I'm not a massive fan of home brew, erm I mean craft beer.
They picked it up from a freshwater lake and is invisible to the human eye. Who knows if the big brewers would use this alternative in the future.

Craft beer. Pfffft.
C'mon Drof. Gotta have some variety at times. They showed a red stout last night I wouldn't mind tasting.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
They picked it up from a freshwater lake and is invisible to the human eye. Who knows if the big brewers would use this alternative in the future.

C'mon Drof. Gotta have some variety at times. They showed a red stout last night I wouldn't mind tasting.
Hah hah hah….cmon man….red stout. Bet you put orange rind on your pizza and have a ponytail.

Beer is beer. Leave it to the professionals who’ve been doing it for hundreds of years. Menabrae, Stella, Carlton etc etc. All that Furphy, Goat stuff tastes absolute rubbish. Terrible junk for the fashionistas who are better off sticking to their roots and having a wine.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Hah hah hah….red stout. Bet you put orange rind on your pizza and have a ponytail.

Beer is beer. Leave it to the professionals who’ve been doing it for hundreds of years. Menabrae, Stella, Carlton etc etc. All that Furphy, Goat stuff tastes absolute rubbish. Terrible junk for the fashionistas who are better off sticking to their roots and having a wine.

Tend to agree. Ales just don't do it for me. Gose is my current beer of choice. Salty and sour, great when you live in the tropics

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
German, Dutch and Belgium beers. Now that’s where it’s at. None of this micro brewery crap that doesn’t taste anything like beer.

Weihensteph, Grolsch, Bitburger etc. Italian beers ok too.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Hah hah hah….cmon man….red stout. Bet you put orange rind on your pizza and have a ponytail.

Yeah, it's never a regular for me, but just good to give it a taste. I had to grimace with the one I copped from a workmate last year.

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
There’s a lot of hate for ‘craft beer’. I love it to be honest. I liken it to a Safeway snag vs a pork and fennel scenario from a boutique butcher. They’re both snags, it’s just one goes out of its way to offer a different flavour. Each to their own though. I still love a ice cold victor bravo after a hot hard day at work. Horses for courses.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
There’s a lot of hate for ‘craft beer’. I love it to be honest. I liken it to a Safeway snag vs a pork and fennel scenario from a boutique butcher. They’re both snags, it’s just one goes out of its way to offer a different flavour. Each to their own though. I still love a ice cold victor bravo after a hot hard day at work. Horses for courses.
Yeah, wouldn't say it's hate. More like comparing VFA to VFL teams. I'm always diverse when it comes to flavours, so when you feel like having a particular one, you want it....but it'll never become a regular.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
There ya go. Ruin a perfectly good pork sausage by chucking in a handful of shrubbery seeds, just like putting fluff, belly button lint, n stray pubes or whatever into perfectly good beer.

Got a brother makes his home brew / craft beer for about 30 cents a stubbie or $7.20 a slab. It's drinkable enough but I sure as hell wouldn't want to be paying $60.00 a slab at the bottle shop or $10.00 a pint at a pub for stuff that tastes similar.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I don't mind craft beers, but I just don't like Ales. Lager, Wheat or Gose craft is always a nice change, if you can find it.

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
There ya go. Ruin a perfectly good pork sausage by chucking in a handful of shrubbery seeds, just like putting fluff, belly button lint, n stray pubes or whatever into perfectly good beer.

Got a brother makes his home brew / craft beer for about 30 cents a stubbie or $7.20 a slab. It's drinkable enough but I sure as hell wouldn't want to be paying $60.00 a slab at the bottle shop or $10.00 a pint at a pub for stuff that tastes similar.
With all respect to your brothers home brew, I wouldn’t pay $10 a pint for it either