The Blair "Which?" Project | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Blair "Which?" Project

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Re: The Blair Hartley Project

Sintiger said:
In the thread on the rumour file about him I posted that I haven't seen anything that makes me think he would be any better than what we have now.

He's taller and stronger than who we've got now. Plus he would enable free us up to develop Astbury as a fwd.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell

IanG said:
He's taller and stronger than who we've got now. Plus he would enable free us up to develop Astbury as a fwd.
I am not against Trengove if the recruiting Department like him because they watch these players more than I do but personally I just don't see what the hype is from what I have seen . There seems to have been a lot written about a guy who hasn't done much yet but i know when he was drafted he was seen as a very good prospect . He is 197 cm , Astbury is 195cm and Rance is 194cm so there is not a massive difference . Trengove doesn't look bigger in the body than these guys .
Astbury could be developed as a forward but I would have thought the plan is for Griffiths to play forward with Jack and Vickery to pinch hit there whilst not rucking . I watched the Coburg-Collingwood game and whilst he didn't dominate I thought Astbury started to look composed again up back . We do need to develop another key back however with question marks over Gourdis and Thursfield and also questions on whether Kelvin Moore will make it back .

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004

Pass on Trengove for leysy.

Certainly doesnt pass the kicking mantra that the club espouses to follow.

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne

Actually, Matthew Bate WOULD be a good pick-up.

He is quite experienced, is slightly younger than Deledio and would fill a role as that mid-size, spot up leading forward that we don't have.

I can understand why Bailey doesn't play him, most of their forwards are very similar and Jurrah, Watts, Green and Petterd and Dunn all play the same role as Bate. He would fit our forward line perfectly.

He is also perfectly capable in midfield and could easily swap with Dustin Martin when he goes forward.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne

TOT70 said:

He is quite experienced, is slightly younger than Deledio and would fill a role as that mid-size, spot up leading forward that we don't have.

I can understand why Bailey doesn't play him, most of their forwards are very similar and Jurrah, Watts, Green and Petterd and Dunn all play the same role as Bate. He would fit our forward line perfectly.

Great points, I would chase him as well.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne

TOT70 said:

Bate plays two good games a year, often they are against us. Big pass.

puregreen

Tiger Champion
Dec 6, 2009

Somehow I think the Cats will lock away Vardy before other clubs come sniffing ala Mumford 2 years ago. I have big hopes for Griffiths and Astbury, but I hope in a few years we wont be moaning how we could have taken Fyfe at pick 19 (he went at 20) and Vardy at 35 (he went at 40 I think).

Griffiths moves well for such a big bloke and Astbury still has time up his sleeve. In an ideal world both these players would have been developing their games and size at the VFL for a year or 2 before getting an extended shot at the seniors, but we haven't had a settled senior side for a while and that means some blokes get a decent run maybe before they are due.

smokey

Tiger Cub
Oct 22, 2010
If the TomaHawk became available next trade period......

......and it only required a 3rd or 4th round pick would anybody be interested?

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
Re: If the TomaHawk became available next trade period......

It,ll be akin to trading for this:

96jmnq.jpg

smokey

Tiger Cub
Oct 22, 2010

I reckon he is crying out for a change of scenery.
Could be handy for whoever took the punt.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane

smokey said:
I reckon he is crying out for a change of scenery.
Could be handy for whoever took the punt.

I tend to agree. I still think he can be an effective key forward. Would complement Jack nicely, is young and is a better option than Miller. For a third + pick in a compromised draft, I would say 'yes'.

puregreen

Tiger Champion
Dec 6, 2009

With a number of Hawthorn youngsters really making an impact is there any point looking at a few on their list who have fallen out of the seniors as possible trade/PSD options?

skiptomystu

Follow me on Twitter @Stuart_Wilson23
Jun 29, 2004

puregreen said:
With a number of Hawthorn youngsters really making an impact is there any point looking at a few on their list who have fallen out of the seniors as possible trade/PSD options?

Xavier Ellis? Clinton Young?

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009

skiptomystu said:
Xavier Ellis? Clinton Young?

Both have good skills but I have conerns on their durability. I would only consider if they came really cheap, 4th round pick or later.

Aegean Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Aug 27, 2008

1. Zach Clarke
2. Alipate Carlisle

Both cheap and fill a need......

puregreen

Tiger Champion
Dec 6, 2009

Where's Clarke from? Griffin has been alright in the absence of Sandilands and Clarke may be on the sidelines for a while.