The Blair "Which?" Project | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Blair "Which?" Project

tigerjoe

EAT 'EM ALIVE TIGERS!
Aug 24, 2003
Melbourne
Re: The Blair Hartley Project

One-eyed Tiger said:
I like Bate. Massive kick, goes hard. Reckon he could play the lead up role like Cloke does for the Pies. Picture him marking on the wing, turning inside and hoofing the ball long to Jack one out.

You have just described Ben Griffiths

Chiang Mai Tiger

Time for some Tiger Payback
Jun 17, 2004
Thailand

jackfrost said:
images

Please enough, stop, no more, cease and desist.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009

Tiger Ghost said:
What are peoples thoughts on Bate from the Demons? Dominates VFL then gets 1 game in the seniors in the most dysfunctional forward line and back to the VFL. He fits into the right age bracket, is a good lead up HFF and a pretty good shot for goal. Again depends on the above guys but wouldnt have to give the earth to get him.

Yeah I like Bate, I commented on him on page 1 of this tread. He is contracted next year which is a shame. He is taller enough to play as the third tall and is mobile enough to get right up the ground. He is a good long kick and can take a mark. He is young enough to target and I still think we have not seen his best. So well worth looking at.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009

I think we can also look at a small back pocket. From last year more so, I rate Aaron Joseph from Carlton. Is he worth looking at?

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia

MB78 said:
I think we can also look at a small back pocket. From last year more so, I rate Aaron Joseph from Carlton. Is he worth looking at?

Totally agree, and cannot fathom our inability to find one via the draft, not that I reckon we have tried to find one. You would think a serviceable small defender would be around from your 3rd pick onwards, yet we can't find them.

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002

Streak said:
Totally agree, and cannot fathom our inability to find one via the draft, not that I reckon we have tried to find one. You would think a serviceable small defender would be around from your 3rd pick onwards, yet we can't find them.
Id try Dea first.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell

MB78 said:
He is a whipping boy for the Bloos supporters , not sure why . He has done some good lock down jobs for them in the past.

I haven't given up on Dea as captain says but also O'Reilly has hardly played this year and looked good late last year .

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007

The financial crisis sparked fears Port - second-last with only two wins - could lose out-of-contract players such as Jackson Trengove and Alipate Carlile to cashed-up rivals.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/primus-admits-ports-cash-crisis-is-worrying-20110603-1fl50.html

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002

Sintiger said:
Agreed. Liked the look of O'Reilly last year. Has massive scope for improvement. Shame he hasn't been able to get on the park this year.

tigerjoe12

Tiger Superstar
Aug 24, 2006

Smoking Aces said:
The financial crisis sparked fears Port - second-last with only two wins - could lose out-of-contract players such as Jackson Trengove and Alipate Carlile to cashed-up rivals.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/primus-admits-ports-cash-crisis-is-worrying-20110603-1fl50.html

interesting. was reported a month or so ago we're pretty keen on trengove. looks like the cards may be falling our way. i think he would be a welcome addition to our side

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell

tigerjoe12 said:
interesting. was reported a month or so ago we're pretty keen on trengove. looks like the cards may be falling our way. i think he would be a welcome addition to our side
In the thread on the rumour file about him I posted that I haven't seen anything that makes me think he would be any better than what we have now. Maybe I was missing something. i watched most of the game yesterday and he was ok . It was probably the best game i have seen him play but he was a decent player on the day , no better than that.
Don't get all the hype but I am sure others have seen him more than me . If we go after him he is probably worth a 3rd rounder or something like that from what I have seen.