The Blair "Which?" Project | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Blair "Which?" Project

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
Norman Gunston's back is stuffed and Bruest is finished as a quality player. Wingard is quality but flakey and inconsistent and also not the player we need.

Mitchell and O'Meara are the only ones I would even consider
I might cop it here, but other than being a bit of *smile*, why would we not consider Braydon Sier. At his best the kid can play, good age, insider, good size, would have to be cheap

Reactions: 1 user

warren1328

Tiger Cub
Mar 18, 2014
Keep coming around in circles re the Mitchell / JOM thing...
Was worrying about JOM staying on the park, but looking at his 2021 he played 18 games and went elite in poss/tackles/clearances.
Leaning more to the idea of JOM. Not super keen on Mitchell

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Wingard is a quality footballer, however, my take on him, is he has a pea heart. He isn't the kinda player that suits us. Yeah, his best football is great, but it' doesn't happen enough. Port knew it and Hawthorn tried to fix it, they were somewhat successful, but he ain't cured.
Apparently he posted on his Twitter account on Friday
"I'm not *"'*"' going anywhere"
The kid dosent want to go to western Sydney.
Not sure why the news of him going to GWS only broke last night..

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I might cop it here, but other than being a bit of *smile*, why would we not consider Braydon Sier. At his best the kid can play, good age, insider, good size, would have to be cheap

I'm sceptical of a player that hasn't shown much and yet the Pies are trying to get him out. They need all the quality they can get, so if he can't make it with them, why would he make it with us? Maybe he's just not very good.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Because he is in the Jayden Stephenson class.
Lies to the club and dosent push himself hard enough.
He will be good for Bayswater or Lilydale next year

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Wingard is a quality footballer, however, my take on him, is he has a pea heart. He isn't the kinda player that suits us. Yeah, his best football is great, but it' doesn't happen enough. Port knew it and Hawthorn tried to fix it, they were somewhat successful, but he ain't cured.
Don't disagree but I would have thought he was a much better player at Port than he has ever been at the Hawks, I reckon he has gone backwards with them.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I've seen a couple of deals mooted for us, don't know how real they are but both a heading in the right direction imo .

Collingwood want our 38 and 40 and will give up 38 for Lipinski. They are offering their 27 but we want something else as well.
Adelaide are considering their pick 4 to us because they want our 7 and 15 and will give the 15 for Dawson. Again we want something else back on top of the 4.
the first one won't happen. Lipinski gone to the pies for pick 43

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
I'm sceptical of a player that hasn't shown much and yet the Pies are trying to get him out. They need all the quality they can get, so if he can't make it with them, why would he make it with us? Maybe he's just not very good.
True............. I think he's on the nose 'cause he's a *smile*, which we should be able to fix, unless he's a pea heart (see my Wingard comments). Other than clogging the list for a couple of years, what do we lose? He won't cost much, he could be a stop gap until the young bloke we draft building his tank and size.

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
agree Eddie.

Which is why GWS giving away pick 13 to the Hawks for him (if that's the deal in the end), is annoying.
That pick is so valuable - I must admit I was hoping we could somehow do a deal for that pick and the 7/2 swap together with our 2nds.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
100% they will fork out salary also.
There's no club out there that can fit in a player on 500k let alone 700k.
I will expect hawthorn are trying to get a group of 5-6 ,kids to come in a learn together under Mitchell.
That's why they are off loading.
Wingard is a quality footballer.
He would be good in a team fighting for a flag.
If i rated Hawthorn's fire sale.
5. Gunstan.
4. Bresut
3. Mitchell
2. Omeara
1 Wingard.
Mitchell is the best player of that lot by a mile. O'Meara is 2nd and the rest I wouldn't take even if they were free

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Sure but he isn't on the list - Sicily is the one I'd be asking about. Injuries' mean he'll be cheap but if you can get him fit he is a significant upgrade on Houli.
Sicily is an intercept marker, not a running player. He's better than Houli at the former, not a patch at the latter. He's more like Vlastuin. We don't need him anywhere near as much as we need a mid.

Reactions: 6 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Sicily is an intercept marker, not a running player. He's better than Houli at the former, not a patch at the latter. He's more like Vlastuin. We don't need him anywhere near as much as we need a mid.
He is actually all of the above. He is an elite kick, intercept marker and running player. He is also a lot tougher one on one than Bach. Hence a big upgrade

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Backline is the least of our problems. We already got Tarrant. Mids, key forwards and small forwards with pace are what we need.

Reactions: 3 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Sier is a dud, so you will cop it.

Why are clubs luring players on big deals only to want to offload them a year or two later. I am convinced some recruiting departments don't watch many games.