The Blair "Which?" Project | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Blair "Which?" Project

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I've seen a couple of deals mooted for us, don't know how real they are but both a heading in the right direction imo .

Collingwood want our 38 and 40 and will give up 38 for Lipinski. They are offering their 27 but we want something else as well.
Adelaide are considering their pick 4 to us because they want our 7 and 15 and will give the 15 for Dawson. Again we want something else back on top of the 4.

Reactions: 2 users

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
Reckon it's definitely a Dodoro play.

He's from WA (family over there according to GWS fans), wants to go to Vic because of family reasons.? Wouldnt WA make more sense?

He leaves it halfway through the trade period to announce this .... sure, maybe he needed think time. For me, Bombers missed out on Stengle (free) and have upped the $$ enough to get Hill (wouldnt be on much at GWS). They only have Tippa who's any good as a small forward from memory?

Bombers 2nd rounder next year unless they can get 2nd rounders this year?

Gee I would love that 23 from Bulldogs. 3 x 2nd rounders, options would be great.
Absolutely a Dudoro play. He is a snake.

Reactions: 1 user

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
I've seen a couple of deals mooted for us, don't know how real they are but both a heading in the right direction imo .

Collingwood want our 38 and 40 and will give up 38 for Lipinski. They are offering their 27 but we want something else as well.
Adelaide are considering their pick 4 to us because they want our 7 and 15 and will give the 15 for Dawson. Again we want something else back on top of the 4.

this, along with the alleged monster offer for NMFC's number 1, tells us we are interested in the first handful of picks and that pick 7 (9) won't cut it.

wonder who we want from that top echelon.

happy with the approach, as we need an elite midfielder.

footballmonk

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 7, 2008

I was thinking with the Lipinski deal maybe we can get the Dogs’ 23 and they slide back to 27 and Collingwood can give them 38 and another late pick as a sweetener.

No way Adelaide get 7 & 15 for just pick 4 as it’s only a three pick upgrade and realistically won’t even end up a top five pick. I would expect their 2nd from next year or maybe even Melbourne’s future 1st.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I still believe one of Omeara or Mitchell will be a Richmond player on Wednesday night.
We won't use all our picks.
I expect 7, 26, 28 to be used in the draft but the others will be off loaded.

• Dislike

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
this, along with the alleged monster offer for NMFC's number 1, tells us we are interested in the first handful of picks and that pick 7 (9) won't cut it.

wonder who we want from that top echelon.

happy with the approach, as we need an elite midfielder.
Will pick 4 (6) cut it Carter ? Makes me think we have some particular player in mind or if we think someone will slide
I still believe one of Omeara or Mitchell will be a Richmond player on Wednesday night.
We won't use all our picks.
I expect 7, 26, 28 to be used in the draft but the others will be off loaded.
Salary Cap issues Zips

Last edited:

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Will pick 4 (6) cut it Carter ? Makes me think we have someone particular player in mind or if we think someone will slide

Salary Cap issues Zips
They will get hawthorn to pay as long as they get a pick under 20.
They won't be on 700k at Punt rd.
Similar to Treloar, Bulldogs 440k the rest Collingwood
More then 350k/350k.
Especially if it's pick 15 and 34.
The more picks the lesser salary.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
They will get hawthorn to pay as long as they get a pick under 20.
They won't be on 700k at Punt rd.
Similar to Treloar, Bulldogs 440k the rest Collingwood
More then 350k/350k.
Especially if it's pick 15 and 34.
The more picks the lesser salary.
don't think we have $350k to pay anyone in our cap. We will see

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
Doubt it, they would just pass on whatever they get for Hill I’d have thought.

From AFL.Com, although still just speculation.

Hawthorn has ample salary cap room and would be able to fork out a portion of Wingard's wages for the remaining two years of his contract, though would likely request a premium draft pick in return to help kickstart the club's rebuild under new coach Sam Mitchell.

It could see the Hawks ask for pick No.13 in exchange for Wingard, though any deal would hinge on the Giants convincing the player of a move to a third AFL club.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I would assume Hawthorn would have to pay some of the salary of any players they offload with the salary cap restrictions resulting from COVID. They must be taking that into account.

DS

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
don't think we have $350k to pay anyone in our cap. We will see
Just instesting to see us offer 3 picks *quality picks on an kid.
We have never offered 3 picks and we remember the last time we offered 2 what happened.
The trading of 2 or more picks for 1 player has been a complete disaster for clubs, i can't think of one that has been a success.
Ive got a couple hat have been failures.
Tim Kelly, Jezza, Shields, Treloar

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
Honestly, the AFL giving such freebies to GWS and GCS over these past few years, including ongoing Academy concessions and in the case of GC, more priority picks, ... just means these clubs can make more ongoing stupid decisions that benefit other clubs.
It annoys me I have to confess, b/c it means they can be wasteful in their decision making whilst other clubs benefit.

Why would GWS bother to take Lobb back after he pissed off out of there on a 5yr $700k deal. Even if he takes less, he is not gonna help them win a flag.

Wingard at 29 next year and giving up pick 13 *smile* me I have to admit - what a freebie for the Hawks that pick 13 is. Whether they pay his wages or not.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I would assume Hawthorn would have to pay some of the salary of any players they offload with the salary cap restrictions resulting from COVID. They must be taking that into account.

DS
100% they will fork out salary also.
There's no club out there that can fit in a player on 500k let alone 700k.
I will expect hawthorn are trying to get a group of 5-6 ,kids to come in a learn together under Mitchell.
That's why they are off loading.
Wingard is a quality footballer.
He would be good in a team fighting for a flag.
If i rated Hawthorn's fire sale.
5. Gunstan.
4. Bresut
3. Mitchell
2. Omeara
1 Wingard.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
GWS really have no idea if they think Wingard is what they need.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
5. Gunstan.
4. Bresut
3. Mitchell
2. Omeara
1 Wingard.
Norman Gunston's back is stuffed and Bruest is finished as a quality player. Wingard is quality but flakey and inconsistent and also not the player we need.

Mitchell and O'Meara are the only ones I would even consider

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Just instesting to see us offer 3 picks *quality picks on an kid.
We have never offered 3 picks and we remember the last time we offered 2 what happened.
The trading of 2 or more picks for 1 player has been a complete disaster for clubs, i can't think of one that has been a success.
Ive got a couple hat have been failures.
Tim Kelly, Jezza, Shields, Treloar
The only one I can think of is unfortunately the Ottens trade which netted us Danny Meyer and Adam Pattison :cry:

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The only one I can think of is unfortunately the Ottens trade which netted us Danny Meyer and Adam Pattison :cry:
This is the only one. We missed out on Kelper Bradley at 6 and Sam Bulter at 20 and picked up Alex Gilmore at pick 21
Nathan Brown cost us, 20211011_111250.jpg

Last edited:

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
100% they will fork out salary also.
There's no club out there that can fit in a player on 500k let alone 700k.
I will expect hawthorn are trying to get a group of 5-6 ,kids to come in a learn together under Mitchell.
That's why they are off loading.
5. Gunstan.
4. Bresut
3. Mitchell
2. Omeara
1 Wingard.
Wingard is a quality footballer, however, my take on him, is he has a pea heart. He isn't the kinda player that suits us. Yeah, his best football is great, but it' doesn't happen enough. Port knew it and Hawthorn tried to fix it, they were somewhat successful, but he ain't cured.