The day Dunstall kicked 17. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The day Dunstall kicked 17.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
dblt said:
sorry champ i think u will find d kellaway did'nt play in '92 he played his 1st game the year later the same game as m richo v st kilda at the 'g think m richo kicked 7 ?

Oh well I stand corrected :-[ but I have such a clear memory of it :hihi

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
I reckon the umpires wanted to part of history and tried to get Dunstall to the record. He got one free in the goal square while the ball was on the wing.

Yeah, that was Anzac Day '89. I remember it because the weather was probably the best I've ever watched football in.

Exactly right. It was Peter Cameron if I remember correctly. He always hated us and it was pretty obvious that day. Possibly the single most biased display of umpiring I have ever seen at the top level.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
mk33 said:
The day Dunstall kicked 17 I think Turner started on him then Keays and Hogg finished up on him.

And to think that Allan Jeans was our coach along with Schwab. I remember switching the radio on and off about 8 times hoping that a miracle would happen....

Berwick boy

Tiger Superstar
Apr 27, 2004
Tigerdog said:
Exactly right. It was Peter Cameron if I remember correctly. He always hated us and it was pretty obvious that day. Possibly the single most biased display of umpiring I have ever seen at the top level.
Correct..Twas Peter Cameron the twat (david clokes brother inlaw)..Remember that game VERY well as it was the last time I drank (big time anyway)at the footy.

Cameron was giving us nothing as always, and as I had drank a skinfull I was near the boundry at the Wellington rd end, and near the end of the game I gave him a fare mouthfull near the boundry line.He looked at me and smiled,blew a kiss and ran off.

Being the young imature man I once was (and with the goading of my 2 mates with me,one a bloody hawks supporter) I decided before the second siren to run on the ground and snot him (Yes stupid in hindsight).So if anyone was there after the 1st siren I was the idiot who ran on the ground and didnt get too far with my drunken run, and was tackled by 2 black bombers.

One of them in the scuffel gave me a couple of upercuts ,on which I then dacked him and punched the other and ran towards the members...Was funny looking back on it know as just as I jumped the members fence about 10,000 people yelled out run....It was the coppers chasing me.

Needless to say I had no energy to run up those bloody members stairs and fell down flat.Back then they were pretty good about it and just kicked me out,but outside with my clothes ripped and a bloody nose, and fat lip, the black bomber I punched and a couple off others tried to grab me again but all the tiger supporters walking out told em to f@#$ off and leave him alone.

Neadless to say walking out of Waverly down Brandon Park dve spewing my guts up to the constant toots and and laughing from cars passing by, I got back to my cousins house and after he took one look at me he just shook his head and said he was listening to the game on am radio and Crackers Keenan said it was a crap game but more a highlight for him was not dunstalls 17 but the D!ckhead who ran out on the ground afterwoods.

Sorry for the long story but just one other footnote is my senior manager (Tiger supporter) at work who i didnt work with at the time was there working and seen the whole thing (he didnt know that was me till 10 years ago) and always brings that story up at our managers meetings if there is a tiger or hawks supporter there...He luvs it more than me.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
berwick boy said:
Correct..Twas Peter Cameron the twat (david clokes brother inlaw)..Remember that game VERY well as it was the last time I drank (big time anyway)at the footy.

Cameron was giving us nothing as always, and as I had drank a skinfull I was near the boundry at the Wellington rd end, and near the end of the game I gave him a fare mouthfull near the boundry line.He looked at me and smiled,blew a kiss and ran off.

Hahaha, I did the same at the Western Oval in 1991 while he was robbing us blind. He was about to bounce the ball and actually stopped and stared into the crowd to see who'd said it. Incidentally it was a blatant free not paid to Cloke which prompted my outburst.

gladiator2009

Tiger Cub
Jul 6, 2009
Hey guys,

I was a big fan of the chief. I've only ever seen highlights of the game on fox footy's greatest moments, which doesn't exist anymore. I'm pretty sure the AFL website still has 'name a game' and they send you a dvd of the game you're after.

P.S. Want to get your thoughts on what you think of this new talent that the Richmond football club are looking into. He's got the ego of 'Wayne The Duck' (about 50 kilos lighter), but the Tigers may have found their new Strachanie. His name is 'Troy Sticks', in fact the Tigers let us use their facilities this year to shoot this scene.
Check it out & enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsH20ewTlG0

Punxsutawney Phil

Its Groundhog Day- same sh!t, different year
Apr 2, 2007
mk33 said:
The day Dunstall kicked 17 I think Turner started on him then Keays and Hogg finished up on him.
Thats my recollection also. I do remember Keays having a go on him.