The Don's party Election night thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Don's party Election night thread

What a great day.

Cotchin, Rance and Putt to Tigers.

The Embaraasment to Australia, the Disgraceful Little Lying *smile* loses his seat.

To the tune of 'Video killed the radio star' by the Buggles

Let's all sing: 'Workchoices killed the Liberal star' ......................

TigerForce said:
To the tune of 'Video killed the radio star' by the Buggles

Let's all sing: 'Workchoices killed the Liberal star' ......................
YinnarTiger said:
What a great day.

Cotchin, Rance and Putt to Tigers.

The Embaraasment to Australia, the Disgraceful Little Lying *smile* loses his seat.
IanG said:
What a great day. Little Johnny is gone not just as PM but losing his seat entirely and the Tigers have a fantastic draft day.
infatiles....reminds of west coke winning the flag.HUMILITY, can not be used by spoilt children

IanG said:
What a great day. Little Johnny is gone not just as PM but losing his seat entirely and the Tigers have a fantastic draft day.

Couldn’t agree more. Delicious, isn’t it !!!!.
Suddenly, I’m feeling very positive about our Tiges in 2008.

U2Tigers said:
Mediocrity = Labour IMO.
this country won't will struggle to go forward now.

I'm with you U2Tigers.

ALP across the whole country in all states and in Federal parliament = Unions and economic downturn.

I do not want to hear any complaints from the people on here who helped this happen....and I will be on here more than ever now watching for people whingeing and whining...saying, "Serve you right...told you so" ;D

Strikes galore....teachers, nurses, breweries at Christmas, firemen....and wait until the manufacturers and construction mob start walking off site.
Then you have the interest rates going up and up.... :-\

But honestly, we have this every few years...where the ALP *smile* up the economy...the Libs come in and fix it up for a period.
Young voters coming through in their late teens and early 20s see people like Hawke and now Rudd as 'cool PM' material...they vote them into power, they *smile* up the economy once again, and then the young voters who voted the ALP into power are more conservative and mature with their finances and then vote the Libs back in to fix it all up again.
What we are witnessing tonight is just a phase of this cycle.

Rudd has gone around spruiking his "education revolution" and "working families" slogans with his "KEVIN07" t-shirts, hi-fiving schoolkids and the like.....and the ALP have been very good over the years of gaining the young voters.
These young voters grow up and start a family, save money for a house, and realise that the ALP are useless at handling the economy and that is more important to people in their 30s+ than a PM with a slogan on a t-shirt....so they swicth their vote to the Libs.

4 years of rubbish coming up......I hope that when the Libs get back in next time, the economy is in better condition than when Howard/Libs got in last time.

jb03 said:
Don't let Livers read that Rosy

Too late....but it never surprised what Rosy said.
I knew who she was voting for before she (claimed she) did.... :hihi

Liverpool said:
I'm with you U2Tigers.

ALP across the whole country in all states and in Federal parliament = Unions and economic downturn.

I do not want to hear any complaints from the people on here who helped this happen....and I will be on here more than ever now watching for people whingeing and whining...saying, "Serve you right...told you so" ;D

Strikes galore....teachers, nurses, breweries at Christmas, firemen....and wait until the manufacturers and construction mob start walking off site.

But honestly, we have this every few years...where the ALP *smile* up the economy...the Libs come in and fix it up for a period.
Young voters coming through in their late teens and early 20s see people like Hawke and now Rudd as 'cool PM' material...they vote them into power, they *smile* up the economy once again, and then the young voters who voted the ALP into power are more conservative and mature with their finances and then vote the Libs back in to fix it all up again.

Rudd has gone around spruiking his "education revolution" and "working families" slogans with his "KEVIN07" t-shirts, hi-fiving schoolkids and the like.....and the ALP have been very good over the years of gaining the young voters.
These young voters grow up and start a family, save money for a house, and realise that the ALP are useless at handling the economy and that is more important to people in their 30s+ than a PM with a slogan on a t-shirt....so they swicth their vote to the Libs.

4 years of rubbish coming up......I hope that when the Libs get back in next time, the economy is in better condition than when Howard/Libs got in last time.

thats why little kevvy shopped himself round high schools,to shore up his mindless support for the next election

ssstone said:
thats why little kevvy shopped himself round high schools,to shore up his mindless support for the next election

The ALP have always been good at doing it though.
Their candidates are the ones drinking beer with a jacket on calling businesspeople are "bu" if they don't let their workers have a day off after a yachet race, they are the ones who call people an "ass-licker" because they side with the Yanks, and they are the ones running around strip-joints with a "KEVIN07" t-shirt on and a bunch of cheesy slogans.
Young people like this sort of stuff because they have no mortgage, no financial woes, no career, etc.
Usually these people see the error of their ways and cross over to the Libs when they want a good economy, good employment opportunities, and a prosperous nation to raise their family.

Liverpool said:
I'm with you U2Tigers.

And I'm with you Livers.

I also totally agree the young just voted for labour for the cool look Rudd offers.

I hope thats not selling out the young, but thats what I perceive has happened.

I agree labour will stuff the economy and then the Coalition will then be voted back to fix it up again.

Sad day indeed.

U2Tigers said:
OMG whats with the rock star entrance.
A bit tacky and over the top if you ask me.

All part of the show mate....all wind and *smile*, but no substance.
It will be interesting to see what happens now.
He either copies Howard's policies..which the unions who helped him get into power won't be happy with, or he breaks promise after promise that he used to get the vote fromt he public (which Garret said would happen once they got in).

Interesting times ahead.

Liverpool said:
All part of the show mate....all wind and *smile*, but no substance.
It will be interesting to see what happens now.
He either copies Howard's policies..which the unions who helped him get into power won't be happy with, or he breaks promise after promise that he used to get the vote fromt he public (which Garret said would happen once they got in).

Interesting times ahead.
the world is pissing themselves laughing at our expense."LET THEM EAT WAX" :hihi

ssstone said:
the world is pissing themselves laughing at our expense."LET THEM EAT WAX" :hihi

Just wait until he says 'sorry'.....starts processing illegals on the mainland who once here can access our legal-aid....cuts all funding to private schools, which in turn will send people on the edge who can just afford their kids to private school to have their kids go to even more overcrowded public schools....then you have the unions and strikes......as well as the economic downfall of ratifying Kyoto.

Let the good times roll... :help

Keep up with the bitterness guys, even John Howard was a lot more gracious than you two.

Oh well, I guess the Don's Party thread is just like the movie. Time passes us all by in the end.

antman said:
Keep up with the bitterness guys, even John Howard was a lot more gracious than you two.

Oh well, I guess the Don's Party thread is just like the movie. Time passes us all by in the end.
got 11 years of bitterness to catch up on antsy,might as well start now

antman said:

why the hell do we need to be gracious.

I'm no politician.

I'm just a member of the Australian Community. 1 thats not overly happy with the result.

thats all.

U2Tigers said:
why the hell do we need to be gracious.
I'm no politician.
I'm just a member of the Australian Community. 1 thats not overly happy with the result.
thats all.

Exactly.
Howard has to be seen to be gracious...but we don't have to.

Anyway...time to go and watch my Reds.
I'm not confident now....Victory draw, Howard loses....and you know that saying about bad things happening in 3s.... :-\