The Front Bar | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Front Bar

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Harry said:
Pang and Molloy are a great combination. Even Maher works well with them, he tends to laugh before the punchlines as he knows whats coming up. Also they bring out the funny side of all their guests. Woosha was quite funny last night and Dermie was a p!sser last week.
I know tradition says you need a straight man but Maher brings nothing to the table. If it were just Pang and Molloy Maher wouldn’t be missed.

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
I liked the bit where they showed Peter Landy kicking a kid out of the camera shot and they were lamenting the good old days when you could still kick annoying kids. Pang said they should bring it back and give it its own round. P!sser.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
tigertim said:
I know tradition says you need a straight man but Maher brings nothing to the table. If it were just Pang and Molloy Maher wouldn’t be missed.

They should replace him with ed or santo, or both

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
I think I'm in a very small group of people who don't mind Maher. Even on SEN I think he's a lot better than most others.

The Front Bar is a great show.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Midsy said:
I think I'm in a very small group of people who don't mind Maher. Even on SEN I think he's a lot better than most others.

The Front Bar is a great show.

Maher does seem better on SEN only because he's after Whateley and before KB and the Doc

toby64

Tiger Champion
Mar 17, 2014
67 special said:
That was classic! Really enjoy the Front Bar but last week they had Brereton on....the contrast with Jimmy Jess was pretty stark. Brereton was a great player no doubt, but sheesh what a big head...they couldn't shut him up. Jimmy Jess on the other hand was humble and genuinely funny....seemed like a really good bloke.

Doubt there are many people in the world who have as high an opinion of themselves as Dermott. Cringeworthy.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Harry said:
Pang and Molloy are a great combination. Even Maher works well with them, he tends to laugh before the punchlines as he knows whats coming up. Also they bring out the funny side of all their guests. Woosha was quite funny last night and Dermie was a p!sser last week.

Yeah I reckon Maher works well with Mick and Sam. I loved it when Maher was crapping on about Polec wanting to go to North and what a big story it was. Mick and Sam made out they had no idea who he was. I’m not sure they were joking either :hihi

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Maher doesn't get a lot of love at any time but I've always liked him. Works great with Mick and Sam. Funny buggers.

5SKULL5

What stands in the way, becomes the way!
Dec 20, 2004
Melbourne
Great line from Sam the other night, about the length of time it takes Maher to ask a guest a question, which he normally answers for the guest anyway.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Maher had a nice laugh yesterday when the Dusty news came through, he was trying to say he wasn’t laughing about Dusty been injured , however his voice reeked of joy

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
tigerman said:
A dead set legend is the Ghost, one of my all time favourites.

On open Mike he told a story about when he was a kid going to school on school bus, his girlfriend was sick, she had morning sickness.

But it was meant to be, they've been married for over 40 years. :clap

Watched this on catch up after the footy last night to restore my equilibrium after the 7 commentary disgrace. Ghost just one of the greats. Could mark anything. Was selected in Big V at CHB and CHF. Longest field kick. And character who went back to bush post footy. Long may he make these cameos.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Pretty sure the game is on youtube, v Haw about 78, Jess takes mammoth mark in last minute to win game. Think he kicked 3 in last to announce himself.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
ToraToraTora said:
Pretty sure the game is on youtube, v Haw about 78, Jess takes mammoth mark in last minute to win game. Think he kicked 3 in last to announce himself.

Thanks for writing that.... Came off the bench in my memory... Though I was listening on radio, not there. That's when Hawks were the benchmark too. I'm thinking 77 Easter Monday.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
ToraToraTora said:

Came off the bench in the last quarter to kick those three goals. We won it by a point. One of my favourite games of all time.

The game is indeed on youtube but only seven minutes of highlights. It is the only footage of that game available.

https://youtu.be/qESx2pwcjfU

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
22nd Man said:
Thanks for writing that.... Came off the bench in my memory... Though I was listening on radio, not there. That's when Hawks were the benchmark too. I'm thinking 77 Easter Monday.
I listened to that Hawks game on the radio. My mum's favourite player was Jess, so she was beside herself with his performance.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
I remember being in a caravan park on the Murray listening to that game. It was Easter. In the next van were Diggler and a strange kid who kept saying "Here! Here!" a lot.