The Gabba Experience | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Gabba Experience

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
What an experience is going to the Gabba
Compared to footy on the Gold Coast , MCG , Marvel , Adelaide Oval etc
Firstly music after every goal is unacceptable
30,000 there last night and most wouldn’t have a clue about the game
It’s a complete s/hole
Brisbane supporters are completely clueless
How can you get so many Nuffies to attend a sporting event , just go to the Gabba . Amazing
At least footy on the GC is attended by a lot of ex vics , great Stadium to watch and you don’t have to put up Nuffies
Rant over
As for the actual game . Terrible

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
It’s a complete s/hole
How can you get so many Nuffies to attend a sporting event , just go to the Gabba . Amazing
At least footy on the GC is attended by a lot of ex vics , great Stadium to watch and you don’t have to put up Nuffies
Rant over
The GABBA is a shthle . Playing surface is *smile* as well.

The music after each goal *smile* me no end. Each of the Lions players must choose their song too. That Daniher has Let it Snow from Frozen just shows you what a twat he is.

On the fans, I reckon most of them think they have bought tickets to a Broncos game. No idea.

One of my favourite memories of our dynasty years was the qualifying final in 2019 at the Gabba. Lions hadn't played finals in years and people.start getting interested again. Walking from the pub to the Gabba, directing Lions fans on how to get to the Gabba

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
It’s a complete s/hole
Rant over
Absolutely hate the music after a goal even when watching on tv but there you have a mute button. It ruins watching replay of 2020 grand final.

Not to mention that these simpletons use an upside down 2 as a 5 for every goal of theirs that raised $500 for Ronald mcdonald house. Thought it was a maccas thing but they did it again on another ad.

Agree on the stupid songs and even worse the cringey dance from each player that comes up on the screen after they kick a goal - embarrassing.

Reactions: 2 users
Not to mention that these simpletons use an upside down 2 as a 5 for every goal of theirs that raised $500 for Ronald mcdonald house. Thought it was a maccas thing but they did it again on another ad.

Agree on the stupid songs and even worse the cringey dance from each player that comes up on the screen after they kick a goal - embarrassing.
On a serious note
The AFL should look at the Game Day Experience at the Gabba
It’s cringeworthy
It’s embarrassing to be a human going there

Reactions: 3 users
Went years ago before the music after every goal BS took hold.

Didn't mind it. Bars were easy to get to, not a bad seat in the house and it was fairly easy to get to, and there were some bars close by to kick on at.

The only problem I had with it were the ticketing facilities. I didn't book and my so-called 'AFL' membership was no good there, so GA at the gate it was. All they had was a pissy portable operating and the queue stretched down the street. Thought that was poor given how 'developed' the rest of the joint seemed.

We got done that night but the Lions fans seemed that fair-weather that they seemed like they couldn't have given a f*** about the result. Different from the ferals at Adelaide Oval.

Reactions: 2 users
Was disgusted by the ground announcer. At 3QT, he said "next home game for the Lions is next Saturday against the West Coast Eagles. Imagine what we are going to do to them".

Thought this was arrogant and disrespectful conduct from someone who is representing the club.

Reactions: 3 users
The songs and dance moves on the scoreboard after a goal are cringe af. Queenslanders are weird.

And they were out of pies by half time.

Reactions: 1 users
For those that were at both, was it a better, equal or worse experience than the elimination final last year?

For those that were at both, was it a better, equal or worse experience than the elimination final last year?

Stadium experience is the same. Funnily enough prefer to be flogged by 80 than lose based on a corrupt decision to decide the game so I left in better spirits

It’s much of a likeness but last night was slightly more horrendous. The spectators that attend are “ different “ to GC crowd 80k down the road
Basically the Gabba is mainly full of bogans , many drunk . Who don’t understand the game as such . The ground entertains the bogans with all the crap on the screens . It’s amazing and horrifying
Total different to Gold Coast game which isn’t ruined but rubbish side entertainment

The songs and dance moves on the scoreboard after a goal are cringe af. Queenslanders are weird.

And they were out of pies by half time.
Grabbed my second pie at 3/4 time ( when walking out of the ground )

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Stadium experience is the same. Funnily enough prefer to be flogged by 80 than lose based on a corrupt decision to decide the game so I left in better spirits
haha, i kinda thought the same at the Adelaide final all those years ago. the game was done by 1/4 time so it was a lot more relaxing, and a lit less aggravating than the Carlton final the year before, or the North final the following year. (not as enjoyable tho as a few finals between 2017 and 2020).

Reactions: 1 user
Getting to and from the ground via public transport is good. Works well.

Getting a beer and a feed was easy too. Very few lines.

That's where the good points end. Agree with others, the whole experience they are trying to generate is awful. Music after every goal is dead set embarrassing. If that is what is required to create atmosphere at a game at the Gabba then that's a sad reflection on Qld AFL "fans".

That's where the good points end. Agree with others, the whole experience they are trying to generate is awful. Music after every goal is dead set embarrassing. If that is what is required to create atmosphere at a game at the Gabba then that's a sad reflection on Qld AFL "fans".
100%
But why 80k down the road it’s a good experience ?
More ex Vics who understand the game ?
Things aren’t pushed down your throat that much on the GC
Walking in last night , we all had Tiger scarves on etc
We were harassed twice two grab the Lions “ Goal “ signs they were giving out
My reply , WTF , who you think we follow

I've noticed its crept in to all the Northern states now.

They play music after every goal at GC, Sydney and GWS home games too now, and if you listen for the songs they are played after specific players kick goals so obviously chosen by the players too, just the songs aren't anywhere near as irritating as those chosen by the Brisbane players. Their song choices really show how floggish that group is.