The Gabba Experience | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Gabba Experience

Went years ago before the music after every goal BS took hold.

Didn't mind it. Bars were easy to get to, not a bad seat in the house and it was fairly easy to get to, and there were some bars close by to kick on at.

The only problem I had with it were the ticketing facilities. I didn't book and my so-called 'AFL' membership was no good there, so GA at the gate it was. All they had was a pissy portable operating and the queue stretched down the street. Thought that was poor given how 'developed' the rest of the joint seemed.

We got done that night but the Lions fans seemed that fair-weather that they seemed like they couldn't have given a f*** about the result. Different from the ferals at Adelaide Oval.
Nine years from now it won’t exist in its current form

I know the loss was hard to take but lets not go over the top here
Did you go to the game ? It’s not a karaoke event . Amazing the Nuffie Brisbane supporters. All they want to do is sing their favourite players songs . Seriously

Reactions: 1 user
GWS and Suns don’t count as they have zero culture in their footy going fans , however Brissy has long been the most blah crowd in the AFL, as others have said it’s just evening out for the majority of the crowd , they have very little vested interest in the game itself , actually Swans very similar

Reactions: 1 users
Metricon ? Mid strength beer on a Saturday afternoon = complete and utter dump.
bliss compared to the Cray Pot in Perth

*smile* hipster *smile* *smile* craft *smile* cats *smile* served in a cardboard *smile* thing, get 2 of the *smile* things & by the time you've chewed through the *smile* roofing nails in that whilst pinching yer nose the 2nd *smile* cardboard thing is sogging *smile* wet

*smile* me

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
My wife is very good friends with the step Mum of one of the Lions players. The goal songs are the players choices. At least one of the players is not a fan of the idea, but it is a club (marketing muppet) thing.
If I was a player and the marketing officer of the club came to me requesting a song for such a purpose, I’d give them a short list of Kevin Bloody Wilson songs and watch the dumb twat’s facial expression when they looked up the songs and heard the lyrics.

“Absolute *smile* of a day” would be a good one. Particularly during a match where you were getting flogged.

You just *know* there’s a pre-chewed list of AFL approved songs from which players can choose their favourite.

Frenzal Rhomb ‘World’s F*ckedest C*nt’ not going to be an option.

I
How about Too Drunk to F***.

We could introduce some NWA while we're at it.

DS
I reckon Richo would dig an off colour playlist, although wouldn’t admit to it on air.

Jailbait (Motörhead)
I’ve Got a C*ock in my Pocket (Iggy Pop)
God Save the Queen (Sex Pistols)
Touch Me I’m Sick (Mudhoney)
Astra Wally (Rose Tattoo)
Death Trip (Stooges)

Did you go to the game ? It’s not a karaoke event . Amazing the Nuffie Brisbane supporters. All they want to do is sing their favourite players songs . Seriously

Im lucky to get to the odd game at the G no chance at the Gabba

Bit early to post this but I’m travelling up to the Gabba this year - tickets are on sale now and I’m seeking advice for where the tigers fans sit ? I don’t have away membership so buying through Ticketmaster, and want to try to avoid as many qld bogans as I can (tough ask I know)

want to try to avoid as many qld bogans as I can (tough ask I know)
Ours or theirs? 😎

Edit..... shoulda put me spex on ... thought that said Old bogans... no doubt plenty of old tiges have settled north. Apologies to any of my Richmond bogan brothers!

• Haha
Ours or theirs? 😎

Edit..... shoulda put me spex on ... thought that said Old bogans... no doubt plenty of old tiges have settled north. Apologies to any of my Richmond bogan brothers!
Yes well I didn’t mean to offend anyone either! There are tiger bogans. There are expat qlder tiger bogans. I’m very happy to sit amongst these faithful. Just not the Brisbane fans - like the bloke who wears a cap with a stuffed toy lion stuck on his head

• Haha
Bit early to post this but I’m travelling up to the Gabba this year - tickets are on sale now and I’m seeking advice for where the tigers fans sit ? I don’t have away membership so buying through Ticketmaster, and want to try to avoid as many qld bogans as I can (tough ask I know)

They usually put us tigers in 410 - 414 behind the eastern goals gt.

Reactions: 1 users
If I was a player and the marketing officer of the club came to me requesting a song for such a purpose, I’d give them a short list of Kevin Bloody Wilson songs and watch the dumb twat’s facial expression when they looked up the songs and heard the lyrics.

“Absolute *smile* of a day” would be a good one. Particularly during a match where you were getting flogged.
Just to screw with them Id just pick some heavy Slayer, Rammstein and Sepultura Songs ....now that'd make some noise and shake the stadium.