Game Day - Tigers V Blues | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Tigers V Blues

Feb 25, 2007
After such an uninspiring first-up game against GC we now meet our arch-enemy in Carlton tonight.

Happy that Yze swung the axe on some and smiles all round to see Dusty, Lynch and Nank bank. Mansell also comes in.

Looking at both teams we easily match them for talent, for us to win though we need to hunt the ball and use it better. That 3rd qtr V Suns was pretty good, but that's the standard we should be expecting tonight in front of 90,000. Bring that run, dare and intensity at the man and ball and we are in with a shot at winning this game.

The Blues do use the ball well and are feeling confident but you never quite know what Carlton team is going to show up.

I think after last weeks embarrassing first-half performance the boys will be on from the get-go.

Tiges by 9 points

Round 1, Richmond v Carlton, Thursday, March 14, 7.30pm AEDT, MCG

In:
Dustin Martin, Tom Lynch, Toby Nankervis, Rhyan Mansell
Out: Jacob Koschitzke (omitted), Sam Naismith (omitted), Samson Ryan (omitted), Sam Banks (omitted)

BacksDylan Grimes2Tylar Young45Josh Gibcus18
Half-BacksJayden Short15Nathan Broad35Nick Vlastuin1
CentrelineKamdyn McIntosh33Tim Taranto14Jack Ross5
Half-ForwardsMaurice Rioli10Liam Baker7Shai Bolton29
ForwardsNoah Balta21Dustin Matin4Tom Lynch19
FollowersToby Nankervis25Jacob Hopper22Dion Prestia3
Interchange:Daniel Rioli17Thomson Dow27Marlion Pickett50
Rhyan Mansell31Seth Campbell44
Emergencies:Tom Brown30Sam Naismith24Sam Banks41

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Blues have belief, we have lost it

Carlton by 32 in a canter

I wanna see MRJ play well

Reactions: 6 users
Feb 25, 2007

Yep, they do but we have seen it before with Carlton. One week they can be up, and the next down.

Like us they don't have the quickest mids going around but they do work hard so our mids have to be on for 4 qtrs.

Young and McDUD are their two main backs against Lynch and Balta and Young and Gibcus against McKay and Curnow could be a tough night for the key backs on both teams.

Both teams have good running backs.

We need to be smart entering our forward 50, don't always bomb. We do have the forward talent to kick a score.

Reactions: 1 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Yep, they do but we have seen it before with Carlton. One week they can be up, and the next down.

Like us they don't have the quickest mids going around but they do work hard so our mids have to be on for 4 qtrs.

Young and McDUD are their two main backs against Lynch and Balta and Young and Gibcus against McKay and Curnow could be a tough night for the key backs on both teams.

Both teams have good running backs.

We need to be smart entering our forward 50, don't always bomb. We do have the forward talent to kick a score.
Great point re: our F50.

Lynch/Martin/Bolton is a ridiculous trifecta of x factor

Reactions: 3 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I dont know what to expect tonight.

wont be surprised by a win, or a resounding defeat.

I'm gonna tip a draw after we lead by a point with 2 seconds to play and the umps pay a 150m penalty from full back and McKay misses from 20 out

tigers by 0

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
If Curnow is on his bike and roaming far and wide I would consider Broady, but when he changes it up and anchors inside 25 look to a bigger defender- easier said than done of course. Bith Mackay and Curnow have big tanks.
Have to cut supply which will mean a massive midfield turnaround.!

Reactions: 5 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
i think Mackay is mentally fragile, so examine that and get him gone
Curnow? Umpires Pet. play weird with him, spook him. mess his head up.
Cripps? stop him throwing the ball

Tiges in a close one after starting strong

Reactions: 2 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
For a decade Carlton had the wood on us, then for a decade we had the wood on them. It’s their turn again. Blues by the 40-50 point margin.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
No other logic than gut feel… but I suspect RFC to be on the wrong end of a pantsing

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
We rested players for this game and paid a heavy price last week with the side uncompetitive for an hour. We will have had a heavy week leading into that game and this week will have done nothing. So. We should be surprisingly fresh.

RFC has a lot invested in this game. It's planned.

Whatever we can produce in the Phoney Season we will produce. I expect Carlton to be off. Teams no longer set their fixtures around beating us. Carlton were set last week and this week they play some dud side. Nineteenthmond.

It's up to Yze and his lieutenants to deliver tonight. We are set for this game.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
We rested players for this game and paid a heavy price last week with the side uncompetitive for an hour. We will have had a heavy week leading into that game and this week will have done nothing. So. We should be surprisingly fresh.

RFC has a lot invested in this game. It's planned.

Whatever we can produce in the Phoney Season we will produce. I expect Carlton to be off. Teams no longer set their fixtures around beating us. Carlton were set last week and this week they some dud side. Nineteenthmond.

It's up to Yze and his lieutenants to deliver tonight. We are set for this game.
Yep. Let's not forget that Cartoon didn't win last week. The Paddle Pops lost and just by 1 point.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017

Makes me more confident. We will bully them out of this game.

Reactions: 1 user

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
The bloos bottom 5-6 are pretty uninspiring and they rely very heavily on the key forwards. My problem is not working out if they are beatable because i reckon they are, it is getting a guage on where we are at.

I just don't know