The Gabba Experience | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Gabba Experience

*smile*. Sooner they bulldoze the joint the better

Equal least enjoyable footy experience i can recall. 2nd least was last gabba game. Think ill only go to Grand Finals at the gabba from now until post Olympics.

Tigers members section in the nosebleeds, spent half the game watching the scoreboard; no supporter mixing = no atmosphere; umps corrupt in the first quarter; no pies, flat beer, coldchips; andrew loyd webber elevator music blaring after goals; crowd air guitar comp where not a single member of the crowd had an air guitar.

Not to mention tigers thinking they were on kardinia park

Positives? Marlion didnt touch the ball so the hillbillies never got a chance to boo him.

Proper *smile* night

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Equal least enjoyable footy experience i can recall. 2nd least was last gabba game. Think ill only go to Grand Finals at the gabba from now until post Olympics.

Tigers members section in the nosebleeds, spent half the game watching the scoreboard; no supporter mixing = no atmosphere; umps corrupt in the first quarter; no pies, flat beer, coldchips; andrew loyd webber elevator music blaring after goals; crowd air guitar comp where not a single member of the crowd had an air guitar.

Not to mention tigers thinking they were on kardinia park

Positives? Marlion didnt touch the ball so the hillbillies never got a chance to boo him.

Proper *smile* night
Yes, but you enjoyed an offal bag with tomato sauce didn’t you ?

Pies with eyes. Best.

What an experience is going to the Gabba
Compared to footy on the Gold Coast , MCG , Marvel , Adelaide Oval etc
Firstly music after every goal is unacceptable
30,000 there last night and most wouldn’t have a clue about the game
It’s a complete s/hole
Brisbane supporters are completely clueless
How can you get so many Nuffies to attend a sporting event , just go to the Gabba . Amazing
At least footy on the GC is attended by a lot of ex vics , great Stadium to watch and you don’t have to put up Nuffies
Rant over
As for the actual game . Terrible
Please. Metricon is at least 3.6X worse. Dead atmosphere braindead fans. Its more like going to a kids birthday party than a football match. Will NEVER attend Metricon again. Gabba in comparison is only shocking.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Besides I've seen us win finals and a FLAG at the Gabba so some cool memories.

Reactions: 2 users
One thing Blions supporters don't do, is that they don't enjoy the win, they love giving *smile* to the other teams after ther game. Weird.

My wife is very good friends with the step Mum of one of the Lions players. The goal songs are the players choices. At least one of the players is not a fan of the idea, but it is a club (marketing muppet) thing.

My wife is very good friends with the step Mum of one of the Lions players. The goal songs are the players choices. At least one of the players is not a fan of the idea, but it is a club (marketing muppet) thing.

Some of them clearly taking the *smile*.

Eric hipwood gets The Hills are alive with The Sound of Music,

While he mimes milking a goat on the big screen

There was a distinct zombie atmosphere on thurs night, and there seemed to be more green maggots than players.

Get *smile* gil

• Haha
Please. Metricon is at least 3.6X worse. Dead atmosphere braindead fans. Its more like going to a kids birthday party than a football match. Will NEVER attend Metricon again. Gabba in comparison is only shocking.
Disagree there . At least you can watch the game at Metricon from all levels . Going today to watch Oleg play on Brando

Reactions: 1 user
Disagree there . At least you can watch the game at Metricon from all levels . Going today to watch Oleg play on Brando
Agree. Metricon is great once you're in. It getting in and out of the joint thats the problem.

Must be getting soft in my old age because out of all the new age rubbish at games the music is the only one I can cop

Maybe its just because they keep playing Johnny Denver

Let's hope theres a black metal fan at the Lions.

• Haha
Must be getting soft in my old age because out of all the new age rubbish at games the music is the only one I can cop

Maybe its just because they keep playing Johnny Denver
Take me home country road is atrocious

Best thing about The Gabba is The Norman Hotel pre and post game! Love that pub, steaks are first rate and a good range of beers on tap. I go up there once a year for footy (not always Tigers game) and golf. It’s a good winter getaway from here in Melbourne