The Geelong Cants | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Geelong Cants

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Agree so much mayo. He knew 6 weeks ago he was retiring & was posing for every photo snap he could.
He was a very good footballer but nowhere near the superstar he's painted to be. Biggest contribution the game was milking free kicks by shrugging the shoulders which was a reason for much of his bandages. If he wasn't given a free kick he was appealing for one. All the scrutiny on Ginnivan but Teflon Joel made a career out of it.
So many dirty plays to opposition behind the scenes.
Honestly reckon he's played a couple of seasons too long but the rule changes helped him & his old team to a flag.
The way he gets lauded by Hutchy's crew makes me want to vomit.
Other than all that good luck to him.
:))
Don't forget all the throws.

Reactions: 3 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Didn't congratulate us after any of ours. Typical salty anti-richmond prick.

You'd expect him to congratulate Geesook given he played a major role in theirs.
I noticed it to especially at the Draft.
I went to drafts in the 2000's and Demetriou would always start by congratulating the winning team of the season.
'Congratulations to Paul's Roos and Sydney on their Premiership win'
Gilligan nothing Crickets.
When is he going??

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Can we get Hopper in yellow and black hoops when we play Geelong.
Apprantly no one knocks back Geelong
Hopper Did, suck shitt.

Reactions: 2 users

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
So what Henry is now threatening to walk into the draft and get the Geelong that way?? No club wants to go near him after his ridiculous “I’m homesick” stance. Cats will be in his ear - If they get him for nothing ……..

Reactions: 1 users

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
So what Henry is now threatening to walk into the draft and get the Geelong that way?? No club wants to go near him after his ridiculous “I’m homesick” stance. Cats will be in his ear - If they get him for nothing ……..
Collingwood need to hold their ground. Let him go to the draft. Living just over an hour away, can’t claim he is homesick. This for mine is draft tampering. But too hard to probably prove.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Collingwood need to hold their ground. Let him go to the draft. Living just over an hour away, can’t claim he is homesick. This for mine is draft tampering. But too hard to probably prove.
He could always move house and live in Geelong.

but I reckon Collingwood and Geelong will come to terms. He’d be mad to go in to the PSD, North would snap him up and God knows no one wants to play there!

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria

but I reckon Collingwood and Geelong will come to terms. He’d be mad to go in to the PSD, North would snap him up and God knows no one wants to play there!
GWS have pick 1, Id Larf if he ended up there !

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW

North should take him if he goes the PSD path. Worse case they can trade him to Geelong next year and move a preseason pick to a main board second round pick

Reactions: 1 user

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
anyone notice Damien Barretts 'sliding door' thing? it was sent to me as a link because i won't read it ..

anyway, it refers to Mackie at the Cants as 'The Tradefather' :rolleyes:

then goes on to throw a stick at Fridge Graham over Hoppers 7 year deal ...

I told my mate please don't send me this sort of toilet paper because i can't wipe my bottom with it ..

these tossers get paid... ?!

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
anyone notice Damien Barretts 'sliding door' thing? it was sent to me as a link because i won't read it ..

I told my mate please don't send me this sort of toilet paper because i can't wipe my bottom with it ..

He’s such a negative little swipe. Yet again the topic comes about how its not fair that the successful clubs (Richmond and Geelong) can wrangle the system (eg trade period) and be set to maintain their success. What a numpty. How much time, effort, equalisation processes and money do the Norths, Saints, Gold Coast need? And again, when Hawthorn netted the likes of Scully, Patton, Vickery (he he he), Mitchell, O’Meara, O’Rourke after their flag success where was the outcry?

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
He’s such a negative little swipe. Yet again the topic comes about how its not fair that the successful clubs (Richmond and Geelong) can wrangle the system (eg trade period) and be set to maintain their success. What a numpty. How much time, effort, equalisation processes and money do the Norths, Saints, Gold Coast need? And again, when Hawthorn netted the likes of Scully, Patton, Vickery (he he he), Mitchell, O’Meara, O’Rourke after their flag success where was the outcry?
there is a reason noone complained when the hawks picked up all the players you mentioned.

Reactions: 1 user

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty

The 'Tradefather' thing isn't Barrett, it's a Geelong FC tweete

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
The 'Tradefather' thing isn't Barrett, it's a Geelong FC tweete
A bit of rubbish from a club account. It will be interesting to see in a few years how the likes of Bruhn, Henry and Bowes go, and whether trading a previous 1st rd pick who showed a bit, and their next 2 2nd rd picks, plus their future 3rd and 4th was a good idea for such an old list.

Reactions: 1 users