The Geelong Cants | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Geelong Cants

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
The 'Tradefather' thing isn't Barrett, it's a Geelong FC tweete
who cares? he put it up.... and if you read his schpeel....he agrees... so he's a twit and a plagiarist ..

kinda strange you pick up on that and not that the donut gives Fridge a sly serve...

Reactions: 1 user

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
who cares? he put it up.... and if you read his schpeel....he agrees... so he's a twit and a plagiarist ..

kinda strange you pick up on that and not that the donut gives Fridge a sly serve...

Yeah, I think you are fairly well off the mark if you think Barrett produces the AFL web pages.

And the 'sly serve' you mention was pointing out Graham and Hopper have very similar outputs as players, yet Hopper has a seven year deal. That's actually very complimentary of Graham. If it's a 'sly serve' (whatever that is) it's actually at Hopper.e

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Yeah, I think you are fairly well off the mark if you think Barrett produces the AFL web pages.

And the 'sly serve' you mention was pointing out Graham and Hopper have very similar outputs as players, yet Hopper has a seven year deal. That's actually very complimentary of Graham. If it's a 'sly serve' (whatever that is) it's actually at Hopper.e
once again TBR - read what i wrote - where did i say "Barrett produces the AFL web pages"? you're over dramatising ...

if Barrett puts his name to something, he's owning it.... like the royal seal of a twat ...

also, if you don't know what a 'sly serve' is, how can you say "it's actually at Hopper"?

no offence, but for all intensive purposes it is you that is 'off the mark'

Reactions: 1 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
The corrupt AFL will look at tightening rules on salary dump trades
Bit late after the Pussies took full advantage and benefitted from it Wonder if they had a heads up on the incoming salary dump?
AFL to look at stopping the smoothing out of deal where Bowes 2 year deal was stretched out to 4 years even though he only had 2 years
So in his first 2 years Bowes $800,000 pa would be included in Pussies salary cap

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
once again TBR - read what i wrote - where did i say "Barrett produces the AFL web pages"? you're over dramatising ...

if Barrett puts his name to something, he's owning it.... like the royal seal of a twat ...

also, if you don't know what a 'sly serve' is, how can you say "it's actually at Hopper"?

no offence, but for all intensive purposes it is you that is 'off the mark'

You literally said 'he put it up' and 'he used it' and I think it is very unlikely he would put all the links and other multimedia on the page. I'm tipping he submits his 19 sentences and some AFL boffin puts the other stuff in.

Secondly, you clearly think the sly serve was a shot at Graham but it was actually saying Graham is as good as Hopper and should be annoyed he isn't getting a better deal. It's complimentary to him.

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
You literally said 'he put it up' and 'he used it' and I think it is very unlikely he would put all the links and other multimedia on the page. I'm tipping he submits his 19 sentences and some AFL boffin puts the other stuff in.
One of the weaker arguements I've ever read on PRE.

Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
If your byline is on a piece, then you have to own it, at least that is a reasonable standard to hold people to. Of course, if you want to excuse journos who claim that something with their name on it is somehow no theirs, then that's the standard you accept.

DS

Reactions: 3 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
If your byline is on a piece, then you have to own it, at least that is a reasonable standard to hold people to. Of course, if you want to excuse journos who claim that something with their name on it is somehow no theirs, then that's the standard you accept.

DS
Journos don't pick the headlines for their own articles. That's done by the (sub)editors.
They submit articles, not page layouts.

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
The corrupt AFL will look at tightening rules on salary dump trades
Bit late after the Pussies took full advantage and benefitted from it Wonder if they had a heads up on the incoming salary dump?
AFL to look at stopping the smoothing out of deal where Bowes 2 year deal was stretched out to 4 years even though he only had 2 years
So in his first 2 years Bowes $800,000 pa would be included in Pussies salary cap
I still don’t understand why Gold Coast didn’t just smooth his deal out the same way. Unless, of course, they assess him as a total spud. Which begs the question, why were they in this position at all?

Reactions: 4 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
I still don’t understand why Gold Coast didn’t just smooth his deal out the same way. Unless, of course, they assess him as a total spud. Which begs the question, why were they in this position at all?
I was thinking this too. But I guess nothing can force him to sign a new deal with them. And if they don’t remove the salary they are in breach. Hence the player gets what they want. Terrible spreadsheeting and / or decision making to accidentally find out and / or deliberately plan to be over by that much.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Because they wanted him off the list because he isn't any good.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Journos don't pick the headlines for their own articles. That's done by the (sub)editors.
They submit articles, not page layouts.

Going by what was said above, given I never read Barratt because he's full of sh!t, it was not in the headline but in the body of the article.

Also, do the AFL have sub-editors on their web site? Subbies are a newspaper thing and given the state of newspapers these days I doubt they have many any more. A website subbie? No idea what they do at the AFL with their website, I suppose they might have some sort of sub-editors given the way the number employed there has exploded over the years, they have to do something.

But stating the bleeding obvious that subbies write headlines is not really relevant when we're not talking about a headline.

DS

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Probably because they had already smoothed his contract out once before. If they asked him again he'd be in his rights to say it's another players turn to do it.