The Geelong Cants | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Geelong Cants

HeadandShin

Burning bright
Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
Sounds like sour grapes. We would love to have started 4-0 this year and it looks like the sort of year where someone can pinch it without being a great side.

Can't stand Geelong as much as the next Richmond fan.

Just about the worst supporters in the league, and have the most unlikeable coach.

But you have to admire them. Fantastically well ran club who keep contending year after year.

Since there dynasty started in 2007 they have won 5 flags and made 15 of 17 finals series. Never going through a rebuild.
And they seem to keep finding good kids ☹️

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Sounds like sour grapes. We would love to have started 4-0 this year and it looks like the sort of year where someone can pinch it without being a great side.

Can't stand Geelong as much as the next Richmond fan.

Just about the worst supporters in the league, and have the most unlikeable coach.

But you have to admire them. Fantastically well ran club who keep contending year after year.

Since there dynasty started in 2007 they have won 5 flags and made 15 of 17 finals series. Never going through a rebuild.
2007 2009 2011 2022
Lost 2008 2020
Lost a million preliminary finals.
Proving the advantage of having there own ground was a false finish on the ladder.

Reactions: 1 user

yo_eddy

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 18, 2023
07-09-11 was a dynasty, a rare group of talented players (like Brisbane and later Hawthorn). And us of course.

Maybe it is sour grapes but 22 will always have an asterisk against it for me because of the rule change and appalling conflict of interest in an AFL official getting rules changed for the club he came from and went back to.

Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Cameron and Fatkins are the only reason they are still relevant.

The good Guthrie and Duncan are injury prone. Tuohey is near done.

Dangerflop is near irrelevant now and will probably retire at years end along with Fatkins.

The drop is not far off. They've avoided it as well as anyone could but they can't avoid it much longer.

Their style of footy also allowed for more longevity for the seniors as opposed to the RFC chaos run and gun which wore our blokes out 2 years earlier.

Reactions: 4 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021

Dangerflop is near irrelevant now and will probably retire at years end along with Fatkins.

The drop is not far off. They've avoided it as well as anyone could but they can't avoid it much longer.

Their style of footy also allowed for more longevity for the seniors as opposed to the RFC chaos run and gun which wore our blokes out 2 years earlier.
Agree Graigy as soon as mudguts goes
The cardboard is bare..
Don't listen to the media Miers is a dud.
They talk up Dempsey Conway Brunh Clarke are as good as the ones we have.
The only 1 that stands out is Holmes and we handed them the pick.
The sad bit is Scott will bolt before they sink to the bottom

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004

They still have Stephen Wells, Craig Starcevich

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Lock it in.

Pricky might get offered the Bears job when Fago gets the arse or he might put his hand up for the Tassie Gig.
I heard he is No1 target for tassie.
The AFL want him down there.
It will be interesting seeing him under Riewoldt & Gale

• Haha

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Lock it in.

Pricky might get offered the Bears job when Fago gets the arse or he might put his hand up for the Tassie Gig.
Fargs is goneski.
They blew it in 2020 and half of them forgot to get off the bus on Grand Final day last year.
People talk up Collingwood but Brisbane were horrendous

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
I thought Wells was headed out the door.
Doesn't Starcevich coach Brisbane’s AFLW team?

Nah Wells is now Recruiting Mgr. Part of the succession plan to promote Mackie to List Mgr and mentor him.

Essentially Wells was recruiting mgr for many years, moved to list mgr when that role started getting created.

Then retired, missed it too much and has returned.

Also only mentioned Craig Starcevich as a play on works replying to Craig bahaha!

He's actually in his wheelhouse ATM i.e. spotting junior talent and not having to worry about all the other stuff i.e. contracts, trades, salary cap etc.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Nah Wells is now Recruiting Mgr. Part of the succession plan to promote Mackie to List Mgr and mentor him.

Essentially Wells was recruiting mgr for many years, moved to list mgr when that role started getting created.

Also only mentioned Craig Starcevich as a play on works replying to Craig bahaha!

He's actually in his wheelhouse ATM i.e. spotting junior talent and not having to worry about all the other stuff i.e. contracts, trades, salary cap etc.
Ok that explains Wells current role.
Ahh CS reference went straight over my head :giggle:. Confused me to no end. Not that that’s too hard to do.

• Haha

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003

Thats a bummer, wish Mackie was in charge, and Wells was out of the picture

Reactions: 1 users