The Geelong Cants | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Geelong Cants

Why are we in free fall but the Geelong Cants are still up there?
Shovekins is 36, Stanley 33, Tuohy 34, Cameron 30, Duncan 32, Rohan 32, Bews 30, CGuthrie 31, Clangerfield 33, Stewart 31 & Blicavs 33
Their ageing stars are still best 22 whilst ours are breaking down and looking at life after football

Reactions: 1 users
Shovekins is 36, Stanley 33, Tuohy 34, Cameron 30, Duncan 32, Rohan 32, Bews 30, CGuthrie 31, Clangerfield 33, Stewart 31 & Blicavs 33
Their ageing stars are still best 22 whilst ours are breaking down and looking at life after football
Because of the taxing nature of Dimma’s triple Premiership sweatshop. But it was so effective, SHocking had to change the rules to benefit Geelong* to halt our dynasty.
*smile* them *smile*.

Reactions: 6 users
They are rubbish.
The midfielder with a pony tail gets injured as often as Prestia. Guthrie.
Duncan is a cat. How can you get injured when your 10m away from any body contact.
Stanley. Are we serious, he was our best player against then in 2020. He wouldn't/shouldve never survived more then 5 yrs in the Comp.
The Irish bloke never man's up.
Bews is shiit.
Only Cameron and the sniper.
But you can fix the sniper, take him out.
He stands if front of packs, knees and elbows. Ablett style.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Small home ground is very helpful

Reactions: 3 users

They may not fall but they have won 1 flag in the last 10 years.

If it takes rising and falling to win multiple flags then I'll take it any day over being thereabouts and winning 1 flag.

They are still a good team, but can anyone seriously see Geelong winning the flag this year, or next? They are currently 3-0 after having beaten St Kilda (6th last year), Adelaide (10th last year) and Hawthorn (16th last year). We may be 1-3 but we have played teams that came 15th, 5th, 3rd and 8th.

DS

Reactions: 2 users

If it takes rising and falling to win multiple flags then I'll take it any day over being thereabouts and winning 1 flag.

They are still a good team, but can anyone seriously see Geelong winning the flag this year, or next? They are currently 3-0 after having beaten St Kilda (6th last year), Adelaide (10th last year) and Hawthorn (16th last year). We may be 1-3 but we have played teams that came 15th, 5th, 3rd and 8th.

DS

Exactly. And that one flag was as a result of the rule change. Otherwise a terrible finals record over ten years, their ladder position flattering them.

DS
I would go so far as to say they’ve won 1 flag (2022) in 13 seasons (2012-2024…they ain’t winning it this year!)

Reactions: 1 user
They are rubbish.
The midfielder with a pony tail gets injured as often as Prestia. Guthrie.
Duncan is a cat. How can you get injured when your 10m away from any body contact.
Stanley. Are we serious, he was our best player against then in 2020. He wouldn't/shouldve never survived more then 5 yrs in the Comp.
The Irish bloke never man's up.
Bews is shiit.
Only Cameron and the sniper.
But you can fix the sniper, take him out.
He stands if front of packs, knees and elbows. Ablett style.
Enjoyed this on point summation

11 players there, all to retire within say 3 yrs? Let's see how they go then. They are still doing well as these guys (who are fit) all all still going well themselves. Be interesting to see how these guys go as the season rolls on & in the next yr or 2.
Keep in mind 3-4 yrs is when Tassie will dominate the Draft. they don't seem to be planning for that Draft wise.

DS
Early days i know but they are 1 of 4 sides yet to play a side in the top 8 this yr. We are = most with 3. Crows really should have beaten them too but they couldn't put a score on the board.

“Geelong coach Chris Scott said he was keen for the AFL to intervene as it had even if the play had again started to ensure the right decision was made.

“When we saw the replay we thought it was pretty clear. In my mind, that’s exactly how it should work.

“No one could accuse me of being a sycophant for the AFL, but when they do a good job I’m prepared to acknowledge it.”

Now why on earth would Scott feel the need to say that?

• Haha
They had the balls to let Tim Kelly go and demanded the world for him and got it. We basically have the oppo to do the same this year (maybe not quite to that extent) but I bet we don't do it.

“Geelong coach Chris Scott said he was keen for the AFL to intervene as it had even if the play had again started to ensure the right decision was made.

“When we saw the replay we thought it was pretty clear. In my mind, that’s exactly how it should work.

“No one could accuse me of being a sycophant for the AFL, but when they do a good job I’m prepared to acknowledge it.”

Now why on earth would Scott feel the need to say that?
It went his way and wanted to thank the AFL Farc
Once the goal ump waved his flag it’s too late there should never been a review

As much as I hate seeing them do well, it's comforting we consistently beat them when it counted.
3-0.
As others have mentioned they have only won once in last 13 years.
They get lauded for continually contending.
*smile* that.
Wins on the last day are what counts.
Look at The Aints 2007 onwards.
Nothing to show for their dominance.
Closer still, look at BrisVegas.
Totally dominated comp for last 7 years. For what?
We have a lot to be thankful for.

All we need now is to see Geesook start the slide to oblivion.
But they are a good side. Just ask The Salty one.
One flag in 13 years of domination.
We only had a short reign of Tiger terror, but boy it was good!

Reactions: 4 users
This will keep them thinking they are in the mix, Tassie is coming & rebuilding then will be a nightmare. Given Tassie are 3-4 yrs away, if a Club wants to rebuild/regenerate before then, that process has to start now otherwise it'll be too late. Every cloud has a silver lining.

This will keep them thinking they are in the mix, Tassie is coming & rebuilding then will be a nightmare. Given Tassie are 3-4 yrs away, if a Club wants to rebuild/regenerate before then, that process has to start now otherwise it'll be too late. Every cloud has a silver lining.

Sounds like sour grapes. We would love to have started 4-0 this year and it looks like the sort of year where someone can pinch it without being a great side.

Can't stand Geelong as much as the next Richmond fan.

Just about the worst supporters in the league, and have the most unlikeable coach.

But you have to admire them. Fantastically well ran club who keep contending year after year.

Since there dynasty started in 2007 they have won 5 flags and made 15 of 17 finals series. Never going through a rebuild.

Must have a great strength and conditioning department. Something we clearly lack in.