The Geelong Cants | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Geelong Cants

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Thanks Tim. Same period.

90% could be the correct number or it could be a case of journalistic licence (rounding, laziness, favouritism). Or I'm out by 1.5%. :cool:

Either way it's a terrific record down at their dump of a bowling alley.
That might be true but there are a couple of factors worth pointing out, they don't play anyone decent down there & they lock out oppo fans

Reactions: 1 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
I agree Jonesy but it's not whingeing. I thought it was as well but when I mentioned Hardwick and Gale whingeing about playing to Marvel or rule changes I found out it is great leadership and standing up to the AFL and the players love it and feel empowered by it.
I reckon it is whingeing, it's an annual topic they like to bring up. Dimma was only saying our fans hate Marvel which is true. Cats need to accept the fact that their ground isn't fit for big games hence they will never host Finals unless it's against Freo/GWS/GC (AFL does state this every year) & get on with it.

Reactions: 1 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I reckon it is whingeing, it's an annual topic they like to bring up. Dimma was only saying our fans hate Marvel which is true. Cats need to accept the fact that their ground isn't fit for big games hence they will never host Finals unless it's against Freo/GWS/GC (AFL does state this every year) & get on with it.
From a crowd perspective they are also hurting their own supporters if they play finals at Kardinia Park. During the year they can get away with only having a couple of thousand opposition supporters at a game at most, but In finals there are rules that would mean they would be forced to let more in.

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
AFL made a rod for it's own back when they let the cats play a final against Freo in Geelong, which I think they lost actually.

If the Cats stadium was a proper AFL shaped ground and if they allowed 50% of the crowd to be opposition and if they gave the profits for that match to the AFL, like all other finals are, then they might have some merit in whinging. But as they are now all Scot's finals time whinging does is make the rest of the AFL ecosystem turn against them.

Long may it continue.

Reactions: 4 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
From a crowd perspective they are also hurting their own supporters if they play finals at Kardinia Park. During the year they can get away with only having a couple of thousand opposition supporters at a game at most, but In finals there are rules that would mean they would be forced to let more in.
What ppl tend to overlook incl Cats fans is that for H&A games the home Clubs gets majority allocation & in these times have been able to chose the allocation the oppo fans get, for Finals the AFL controls all of that. So for all the Cats fans whingeing about the ground they are much less chance of getting in to the game if it's not at the 'G.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
And they recruit players like Rohan who seems to develop an allergy to the ball in finals.
I simply don't get why they got him, he was a known quantity well before they got him & i can't understand why they kept him. I guess he fits their "goes missing in September" culture so there is that.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
FWIW on Cats & home games, i know someone that works closely with our Club (but not at the Club) who went out of their way to e-mail the equivalent person at the Cats about allocating more tix for opposition fans as a way of helping their cause to get big Clubs/games down there, they laughed at the suggestion so they get what they deserve.

Reactions: 2 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
I’m sick of their whinging about quarter lengths.

So obviously calculated to suit their own personnel.

You can set your watch that they’ll get Whately to set the agenda round mid Feb.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I’m sick of their whinging about quarter lengths.

So obviously calculated to suit their own personnel.

You can set your watch that they’ll get Whately to set the agenda round mid Feb.
Yep wasnt a problem when they won 3 flags

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Duncan their best running midfielder along with Guthrie with pretty much nothing coming behind them and both 30 odd.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Word is that Tom Brady is retiring at 40!!

So it was just a matter of when not "IF" .....

A8D2F496-E9B7-403F-8AF9-290E190A1DB5.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13 users