THE GRANNY!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

THE GRANNY!!

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
How good is this??

Tigers into the GF again.

One of the best parts is no Magpies.

Win or lose it does not matter, at least we are in it.

Really enjoyed the sour look on the face of Eddie Everywhere.

Bit unkind I guess, but for some reason he annoys me with his constant promotion of the Collingwood FC.

Would love to be going but not an option for this year.

Finally, win you Tigers, and make out 103,000 members, including us, very happy.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
More than happy to be in another Grannie, but there's a kind of empty something's missing twitch now that Colonwood have choked a week early. Can think of no better way to win a flag than beating the Moggies in a Prelim n then stomping Colonwood in the big dance.

Reactions: 3 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
More than happy to be in another Grannie, but there's a kind of empty something's missing twitch now that Colonwood have choked a week early. Can think of no better way to win a flag than beating the Moggies in a Prelim n then stomping Colonwood in the big dance.
Yes but the bonus is that they can't win it if they're not there. And the 2nd best thing after Richmond winning a flag is Scumwood not winning one!

Reactions: 2 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
How good is this??

Tigers into the GF again.

One of the best parts is no Magpies.

Win or lose it does not matter, at least we are in it.

Really enjoyed the sour look on the face of Eddie Everywhere.

Bit unkind I guess, but for some reason he annoys me with his constant promotion of the Collingwood FC.

Would love to be going but not an option for this year.

Finally, win you Tigers, and make out 103,000 members, including us, very happy.
Agree on Eddie. If you saw him on Friday night after our game, as far as he was concerned the Pies were already in the GF.

Reactions: 2 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Have to say I’m worried about big mummy.
Reckon he’ll go out swinging.

Reactions: 1 user

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
Funny you say that. After the heartrate subsided watching that last quarter yesterday, I experienced a touch of anti-climax about the GF. The buzz would have been amazing with the Pies.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Confirmed, lids out, no come back.

Ward and Cogs very unlikely to play.

SpaceAce

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2007

He could hardly stand up towards the end of the game, same with the rest of the GWS players.
We play our relentless high pressure game, we will run them off their feet.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Confirmed, lids out, no come back.

Ward and Cogs very unlikely to play.
That is good news.

I really think we will win the Granny big time.

Not only are we the better team but think the experience of our team plus the inexperience of the Giants will tell against them.

They have never played in one before and the huge crowd will be mostly Tigers.

Sure, there will be non Tigers there barracking for anyone but us, but our crowd will overpower them.

Looking forward to watching, but just wish it was on Foxtel with no ad breaks and in ultra HD.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015

Actually this is what concerns me the most, we need this pumped up in the media all week. It won't stop him but it might make him step back if he's pinged from the outset and he's costing his team! I can see this being a pretty nasty opening few minutes.

Call me crazy but I'd get Ivan to go up at the 1st bounce, put Nank in the guts next to him and when the junkie tries to crunch one of Cotch, Dusty, Dion or Shane.....
We make a preemptive strike and take him out!

SpaceAce

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2007
Actually this is what concerns me the most, we need this pumped up in the media all week. It won't stop him but it might make him step back if he's pinged from the outset and he's costing his team! I can see this being a pretty nasty opening few minutes.

Call me crazy but I'd get Ivan to go up at the 1st bounce, put Nank in the guts next to him and when the junkie tries to crunch one of Cotch, Dusty, Dion or Shane.....
We make a preemptive strike and take him out!

Don’t forget mummy gives away a lot of free kicks also.....his stupidity could be to our advantage

Reactions: 3 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I was barracking for GWS because I hate Collingwood, and the possibility of losing a GF to them would have been unbearable. But it was laid bare during the game that Collingwood would have no chance against us. I couldn't quite bring myself to barrack for them but make no mistake, the Giants will be very tough to beat.

Reactions: 4 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
He could hardly stand up towards the end of the game, same with the rest of the GWS players.
We play our relentless high pressure game, we will run them off their feet.

I’m worried he’ll put a high hit on Prestia or Cotchin to lay them out for the game.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
When was the last time the favourite won the GF? Can't recall who was favourite last year.

2017 we weren't favourites and pretty sure Dogs were underdogs in 2016. Maybe Hawthorn in 2015 but WCE beat them in the first final so maybe not?

Hawthorn were probably favourites in 2014 against Swans and against Freo in 2013.

I feel favourites haven't had a great record in GFs recently. Not that it means anything really; we play near our best and we win. But if we are bit off we will have a tough time.

We should be right. Go Tigers!

Tass

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 3, 2005
No doubt GWS have momentum which has proven to be powerful at the this time of the year, BUT:

• We have never lost to GWS at the G
  • GWS have a poor overall record at the G. They’re wins at the G have mostly against Coll.
  • They will need to travel for a 3rd week in a row to attempt back to back wins at the G against a team that owns the G.
  • They were spent in the last qtr yesterday. They played their GF yesterday and it showed.
  • Our Tigers are the better balanced team with an ingrained system that’s been tested in big games time and time again.
  • We left a cup on the table last year when we dished up our worst half of football in over 2 years. The ‘redemption’ theme is real and a driving force for this group.
Obviously nothing is guaranteed, but if I was a neutral observer, I’d be very confident about the Tigers getting the job done.

Reactions: 6 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012

That would have been sweet as, Maso. But bringing home the silverware against whoever is the opponent will still be magnificent.

Reactions: 1 users

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Quote from daughter No. 1 today.

"After the VFL grand final I will need a sedative on Saturday."

What nail biting finish that was. When the seagull took that mark dead in front I reckoned we were done like a dinner. What a let off.

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
make no mistake, the Giants will be very tough to beat.

Im making the mistake.

Fell in against brisbane and pies.

They were almost overwhelmed when Collingwood played 15 minutes of richmond football

Richmond will play 120 minutes

Reactions: 7 users