Best and worst calls of 2019 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Best and worst calls of 2019

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Looking through the boards at the moment and reflecting on the 'expert' footy journo's in the media, it's become more and more obvious that PRE is a much better source of expertise than any other footy medium (with some minor blips along the way) .

I thought it would be interesting to line up all the times PRE got it right, and the talking heads in the boys club of the footy media got it wrong.

Starting point would be

Matthew Lloyd - "Tom Lynch is a liability"
Chris Scott - "Richmond were a better team last year"

And to highlight some footy genius, here's a pearler from Tigerfan about Marlion Pickett (posted in May!) days after we recruited him.

I bet he makes his debut in the Grand Final.

And just to point out that sometimes PRE gets it wrong too, here's the worst post of the year, from a very silly poster.

Also, Pickett is still miles off AFL.

But, then again, when some media outlets wrote off the Tigers at the bye, PRE had it right again, from this visionary.

Just putting this out there...

We may not lose another game for the year. I like the look of that draw.

We get enough players back after the bye to give us the critical mass of Richmond's premiership side. Not enough yet to be the out and out best (as we are with Rance, Jack and Nank), but enough to give us the ability to compete with the Collingwoods, West coasts and Geelongs.

Reactions: 11 users

SpaceAce

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2007
In fairness to Matthew Lloyd he was the only person in the media who tipped us to win by a big margin (8+ goals)

Reactions: 1 user

Saladin

Better to fight for something than live for nothin
Oct 1, 2003
anything the parrot says about Richmond has been proven to be wrong..

Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
King is the king of wrong. It's unbeleivable that he gets paid as a full-time expert analyst.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
All Australian selectors: Lachie Neal and Jack Mccrae are better players than Dustin Martin.

• Angry
Reactions: 4 users

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
OK I'll start with this

I tip we lose next week and then go undefeated from then on.

and then balance it with

Graham in form is OK but he is not in form. Townsend is physically and mentally a warrior but with few other tricks. Castagna just a headless chook. Soldo should be milking cows (see the play on cattle theme) in Belgrade. Houli OMG just sucks time and space out of every opportunity, selfish wasteful player with woeful decision making.

But at least I am a glass half full type of guy. Some others aren't

[/QUOTE]
Sure was a moment of clarity. The stars having career best seasons, an innovative gameplan and an unprecedented injury run took an average list to back to back top 4 finishes and a flag. Take the stars out and have the gameplan picked apart and we get exposed by the big boys.

Was good while it lasted.

Reactions: 5 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
King is the king of wrong. It's unbeleivable that he gets paid as a full-time expert analyst.
As someone said elsewhere, he’s good at analysing after the fact, but terribly short sighted and focuses on one issue to the exclusion of everything else.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I had a shocker of a call. After losing Tross, Jack, Nank & Chimp I said we'd make the 8 but struggle to make it finish the H&A in the top 4.

How stupid was I.

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin

Funnily enough though he was the only fox footy half time panelist to pick the imminent flogging facing the franchise after half time

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
I had a shocker of a call. After losing Tross, Jack, Nank & Chimp I said we'd make the 8 but struggle to make it finish the H&A in the top 4.

How stupid was I.

But I bet the hit and run trip to Melbourne was well worth it, Baloo.
How good was that for you and your boys!!

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
But I bet the hit and run trip to Melbourne was well worth it, Baloo.
How good was that for you and your boys!!

It was Awesome. Boys loved it. Got them to the fence at the end. They got up close and personal with the players and cup.

Only downer is the 7hr delayed flight out. Had we of known we could have hit Punt Rd today.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Yeah I saw that on the fox replay. King predicted a thrashing at half time but to be honest, at the ground I could see that unfolding as well.

And I admit now that I thought Pickett was no chance to debut in the seniors this year but I am so glad I got that one wrong.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
It was Awesome. Boys loved it. Got them to the fence at the end. They got up close and personal with the players and cup.

Only downer is the 7hr delayed flight out. Had we of known we could have hit Punt Rd today.

Apart from the delayed flight, glad it all worked out really well.

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Yeah I saw that on the fox replay. King predicted a thrashing at half time but to be honest, at the ground I could see that unfolding as well.

And I admit now that I thought Pickett was no chance to debut in the seniors this year but I am so glad I got that one wrong.

I was to nervous to acknowledge what was actually happening and remained fearfully optimistic and neurotic. Suggestions by my friends that we had the game in the bag were met with suspicion until half way through the last.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria

Healy was visibly shaken at half time. That was nice to see. Does anyone know what his issue with Richmond is? It’s not a recent thing, either.