THE GRANNY!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

THE GRANNY!!

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I'd add the fact the crowd, other than the neutrals who wont get that feral, will be predominantly Richmond. We'll be loud and intimidating

thats an interesting the debate. i think the neutrals that are footy purists first and foremost will be on our side. maybe even pies fans after their prelim loss. the chardonnay sippers might not be, but they won't make any noise anyway.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
i think the neutrals that are footy purists first and foremost will be on our side.

Not sure you're right. If I was watching and it was GWS against Pies, Blues, Bombers, Cats, Hawks, Melbourne, #lolNorf, Saints, Crows, Port, WCE or Swans I'd probably go for GWS.

Reactions: 1 user

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
2018 Pies were favourite - lost
2017 Crows - lost
2016 Sydney - lost
2015 Hawks - won
2014 Sydney - lost
2013 Hawks - won
2012 Hawks - lost
2011 Geelong - won
2010 Collingwood - won
2009 Geelong - won

Last 10 years, 4 of 5 favourites won 2009 to 2013 but in the last 5, 4 of the 5 favourites lost.

That tells me the favourites are due for a win. nice!

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
For those of you with Fox Footy got some cracking shows on tonight during the brownlow

Comedy @ 8pm .... WC v Collingwood 2018
Love story @ 10.30 Adelaide v Richmond 2017
Comedy @ 1am St Kilda v Collingwood 1966 (*smile*, they're really rubbing it in!)

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I was barracking for GWS because I hate Collingwood, and the possibility of losing a GF to them would have been unbearable. But it was laid bare during the game that Collingwood would have no chance against us. I couldn't quite bring myself to barrack for them but make no mistake, the Giants will be very tough to beat.

Agreed

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
GWS last quarters have been very poor in the last few games. Lucky to beat Collingwobbles and brisvagss.

At worst. If we are level at 3Q time I’m expecting us to destroy them 4Q

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
our mental toughness, experience and skill will win this flag for us. GWS will come out aggressive, but nervous, and we'll have them done by half time. if not on the scoreboard, then in their heads. we are a smart footy team.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
our mental toughness, experience and skill will win this flag for us. GWS will come out aggressive, but nervous, and we'll have them done by half time. if not on the scoreboard, then in their heads. we are a smart footy team.

Agree Dimma will have them switched on and we need to take charge of this game on our home deck with 80000 plus fans.They will come out aggressive we need to be ready and hit them them hard pressure and tackling.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Not sure you're right. If I was watching and it was GWS against Pies, Blues, Bombers, Cats, Hawks, Melbourne, #lolNorf, Saints, Crows, Port, WCE or Swans I'd probably go for GWS.

Nah sorry never could go for them. Imo they've been gifted far too much at the expense of the previously existing clubs.

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Nah sorry never could go for them. Imo they've been gifted far too much at the expense of the previously existing clubs.

Comes down to how many GWS supporters I know. None. So there's no chance of having to hear about it all year long.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
2018 Pies were favourite - lost
2017 Crows - lost
2016 Sydney - lost
2015 Hawks - won
2014 Sydney - lost
2013 Hawks - won
2012 Hawks - lost
2011 Geelong - won
2010 Collingwood - won
2009 Geelong - won

Last 10 years, 4 of 5 favourites won 2009 to 2013 but in the last 5, 4 of the 5 favourites lost.
Thanks TL

Jake

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
I find it strange that GWS went back to Sydney at a reported time of 9.15 pm on Saturday night, the game finished at 7.15pm ?? Not much time to talk about the game, recovery, all the normal things after a game. Sitting on a plane after hard game, am no doctor but it seemed rushed.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I’m worried he’ll put a high hit on Prestia or Cotchin to lay them out for the game.
Yep. Tribunal after the fact is not worth a pinch of dried goat *smile*. Player takes out another player in a final he should be sent off the ground for the same amount of time that the player he took out is off for.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
That would have been sweet as, Maso. But bringing home the silverware against whoever is the opponent will still be magnificent.
Of course, but the week leading in is kind of bland. No banter n *smile* with a bunch of Colonwood rello's etc. Gee Whizz is kinda meh, GeeWhizz there's no life time of niggle n dislike to tap into n agitate.

SpaceAce

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2007
GWS last quarters have been very poor in the last few games. Lucky to beat Collingwobbles and brisvagss.

At worst. If we are level at 3Q time I’m expecting us to destroy them 4Q

The scum only really played 15 minutes of proper football on Saturday. In that final quarter the gws players were witches hats and barely able to keep up. Similar scenario the previous week against the Lions.
Their luck will run out this week.
If we pay them respect and turn up with 100% focus, I think we will destroy them.

Reactions: 3 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
We need to be switched on early. If we can get to quarter time close to even, half time ahead, we can destroy them. Can't let GWS get a start, in a Grand Final they might just be able to play out 4 quarters.

Any opponent who has won a Prelim is bloody good, I know the club will be switched on but our slow starts have been a worry. There's no next week and no need to leave anything in the tank, this is the last Saturday in September, let's Eat 'Em Alive from the first second.

DS

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
The scum only really played 15 minutes of proper football on Saturday. In that final quarter the gws players were witches hats and barely able to keep up. Similar scenario the previous week against the Lions.
If we pay them respect and turn up with 100% focus, I think we will destroy them.

Hope so Space. Really do.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Agree. Don't forget the Scum fans were too quiet and barely put crowd pressure on the Giants.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
2 most important players we need to stop
Cameron & Whitfield
Cameron can score from anywhere on the 50
Whitfield sets them up with precise kicking.
2 players we need to keep an eye on Williams & Taranto too